IGNORED

Reading Release 8 Including Lita & Goldbourne

Evy11_BCFC

Thoughts on Golbourne?

He'll end up at Wycombe. Bet he wished he stayed here, but hey for £250k we took the money and it looks like a very good decision all round.

I know it doesnt matter now. But what % of the sell on clause did we have on Lita when we sold him to Reading it must have been pretty high because we basically sold him for buttons.

45% I believe, we dipped out on Rosinior too when he moved in a swop deal, ah well

Guest RobbieTurner
Bizarre thing is they don't have a manager, maybe a new manager would want to keep hold of some of these players?

and maybe, just maybe the owner and man that pumps the millions in doesn't.

Bizarre thing is they don't have a manager, maybe a new manager would want to keep hold of some of these players?

Reading have a director of football, no WAY! GJ would work under those conditions, anyways thats another topic, but it was the director of football who decided they should go, maybe he is right, were they all not out of contract?

Wonder where Lita will end up? I reckon QPR

Link here

I know Leroy has been talked about, thoughts on Golbourne?

Come home Golbourne, we got good money for him when we were stuck in league one, SL said it was very hard to keep hold of good young players when your in that league, Scott is a really nice level headed lad, and I think could do a good job. Lita on the other hand yea he can score goals, but I do like Bristol night life since he left it's safer hehe

Nicky Hammond pulls the strings as Director of Football, makes sense - no doubt they've freed up a large chunk of wages from releasing Hahnemann, Lita, Duberry and probably Murty too.

Yes, it can only be financial can't it. The praise heaped on these departing players is absolutely gushing, not the usual curt statement.

I guess they couldn't offload these players whilst still pushing for promotion, nor did they want to offer them contracts. Caught between a rock and a hard place weren't they.

Seems a bit odd to do this before a new manager is appointed.

Yep, pause for thought time.

Living not a million miles from Reading and with their ST holders in the same local, word for some time has been that Coppel was hot trot even if they'd gone up.

Like everyone has been saying: good players will be available this closed season (whether managers like it or not)

Guest MaloneFM
If Leroy Lita is a free transfer he would be bloody brilliant. we need some quality and he would be perfect and not even a gamble.

Go for it GJ.

Young man...to uncle...come on.... SLAP ...someone was going to do it eventually. :disapointed2se:

Guest Eamer

I'd quite happily take Lita, Hahnemann and Golbourne! It would certainly be a mistake not to even try and talk to Lita. Could get Hahnemann and make a few quid off of Basso then Glbourne to challenge McAllister. Definately a lot of sense in signing all three... at least one, please? Lita preferably.

Archived