IGNORED

Reading Release 8 Including Lita & Goldbourne

Evy11_BCFC

Guest MaloneFM

Its my understanding that Johnson has already spoken to Lita or his Representatives. And the outcome wasn't promising.

The main trouble with Leroy is the belief that he is Charlie Big Potatoes. Similar story with Andy Cole.

No thanks.

Its my understanding that Johnson has already spoken to Lita or his Representatives. And the outcome wasn't promising.

The main trouble with Leroy is the belief that he is Charlie Big Potatoes. Similar story with Andy Cole.

No thanks.

That is also something the Reading fans are saying on their forum.

There are a few regretting he's left, but the following seems ot be the general mood:

Lita has been a failure since his return from the Under 21 tournament in 2007 and should have departed long ago.

Lita, on the other hand, can do one.

Lita let us down massively.

Off the pitch problems, attitude issues, failure to produce anything for the club in 2 years.

His own opinion of himself, what he's worth and what he can do makes him an utter **** who's a complete nightmare in the dressing room. If you're good you can get away with having his sort of attitude, but when he's had chances to establish himself in the team he's not taken them. If he'd stayed at Norwich I'm convinced we'd have gone up - is it any coincidence that when he came back from Norwich is almost exactly when the season fell apart?

He was impressive for two brief periods more than two years ago. He is yet to really prove himself at this level. Much better to make room for new blood

he certainly had the potential to become great, and we saw flashes of it, but his attitude and his outside activities stopped him realising that potential.

I'm delighted he's gone.

At one time, I think he was *the* most exciting player we had. This moment would have been the summer after 06-07, coming off a fantastic Euro U21 tournament.

But in that tournament was the other side of the beast - for every well taken finish, there was an open goal missed.

I thought he was going to be on fire the following season - but he missed the start of it with an injury suffered through "off the field" activities. His story in a nutshell....

I would gladly have Lita back if he would come back ( even with his ego ) What other strikers of the same age and quality do we have a chance of getting for nothing ? if he is inform he would still score 15-20+ goal's in a season.

That is also something the Reading fans are saying on their forum.

There are a few regretting he's left, but the following seems ot be the general mood:

Lita has been a failure since his return from the Under 21 tournament in 2007 and should have departed long ago.

Lita, on the other hand, can do one.

Lita let us down massively.

Off the pitch problems, attitude issues, failure to produce anything for the club in 2 years.

His own opinion of himself, what he's worth and what he can do makes him an utter #### who's a complete nightmare in the dressing room. If you're good you can get away with having his sort of attitude, but when he's had chances to establish himself in the team he's not taken them. If he'd stayed at Norwich I'm convinced we'd have gone up - is it any coincidence that when he came back from Norwich is almost exactly when the season fell apart?

He was impressive for two brief periods more than two years ago. He is yet to really prove himself at this level. Much better to make room for new blood

he certainly had the potential to become great, and we saw flashes of it, but his attitude and his outside activities stopped him realising that potential.

I'm delighted he's gone.

At one time, I think he was *the* most exciting player we had. This moment would have been the summer after 06-07, coming off a fantastic Euro U21 tournament.

But in that tournament was the other side of the beast - for every well taken finish, there was an open goal missed.

I thought he was going to be on fire the following season - but he missed the start of it with an injury suffered through "off the field" activities. His story in a nutshell....

I think those comments sum him up and it's not likely he will change.

Fans aren't often wrong.

Leave well alone in my opinion.

I think those comments sum him up and it's not likely he will change.

Fans aren't often wrong.

Leave well alone in my opinion.

Sacrifice quality at the expense of a chip on a shoulder?

You don't win anything in this league with a team of 'try hards'.

I am fed up with this 'Johnson Player' tosh.

Guest pogopete

No thanks.

Andy Cole was Quality wasn't he,Lita great to have back someone who knows how to score goals

There's quality, and then there's someone who will be more hassle than they are worth. You only need look at the Reading fans comments, and think of Mr Litas past history to see he's trouble.

That said I think he would be a worthwhile player to bring in, if only because if it works out his goal scoring record at this level is not something to sniff at. I say this only if there wasn't someone else available with a decent rack record in the Championship. As we know, these players don't grow on trees, and don't come cheap.

Does anyone know if Lita did actually say that he wouldn't come to Bristol recently? I'm sure I saw it somewhere. If he was to sign I would have thought his annoying relative/Stalker would have popped back up on here by now.

No need for hahneman, murty or dubery. we have decent players in those positions and weve got enough older heads already

litat could potentially be decent but its not going to happen so not worth discussing.

we need a left back though to push mccallister, is golbourne still any good? if so then i think he would be a great signing on a free

If Lita came back, would GJ play to his strenghts as a forward? I think not.

There is no way you can use him as a target man, he would need the ball from the wings or to his feet in build ups, and not direct from the centre half. Could he play upfront with Maynard? who in my opinion is a better prospect.

I would give Goldbourne a try.

If Leroy Lita is a free transfer he would be bloody brilliant. we need some quality and he would be perfect and not even a gamble.

Go for it GJ.

Nothing is never not a gamble.

not exactly prolific since he left us either and he was only a one season big scorer for us. can't quite fathom what all the fuss is about over this proven trouble maker.

"He arrived at the Madejski Stadium in 2005 and scored 11 league goals in his first season as Reading won the Championship title.

Lita made 12 appearances for the Royals this season, scoring just one goal."

I'd quite happily take Lita, Hahnemann and Golbourne! It would certainly be a mistake not to even try and talk to Lita. Could get Hahnemann and make a few quid off of Basso then Glbourne to challenge McAllister. Definately a lot of sense in signing all three... at least one, please? Lita preferably.

Co-sign. I go all the way back to Lita's first goals for the first team away at Hereford in pre-season and absolutely loved his two as sub against Peterborough or whoever it was - one a speculative run and thumping 30 yarder in front of the Dolman. Absolute class. Would sign all of them, we need a striker and competition for McAllister is nothing but good news.

Scott had a good loan spell at Oldham last season, and he loves City.

loves the club so much he left before he'd even established himself in the team. No thanks he had his chance with us, I'm sure there are plenty of teams who wil be interested in him.

Not sure really about gettin lita back, not sure he'd be right player, but possibly, cant quite see it happening

In all fairness no manager wants a player who causes issues behind the scenes and is too big for his boots. Have you ever stopped to think one of the reasons Lita was released is because the manager didn't think he was even worth his wages?

I'm not fussed on the "try hards only rule" we seem to have with GJ but I much prefer it to a team of idiots who are too big for their boots and it's the "try hards" and that mentality that has taken us out of league 1 and established us as a championship team

Where is this quality? Have you actually seen Lita's record these past 3 season's? Have you read the damning comments of the Reading fans? :dunno:

You're even less likely to win anything in this League with a team of c**ks, to use AndyJones' description. :innocent06:

We can't afford fantastic players, we have relied on honest pros being the best they can be, and playing as a team, for our success. We'd have made nowhere near as much progress these last few years without 'GJ type players'.

There are plenty of talented players who are uncomplicated and unproblematical (e.g Maynard) so why risk going for one's who aren't? :dunno:

If Goldbourne hasn't established himself in anyway at Reading, why would he be any better than what we already have?

I'm sorry, but I just don't see him being the same starlet he was when we were in depts of league 1.

What people are forgetting is it's not just about Johnson here, Steve Lansdown wanted Leroy back, we tried to buy him last summer but he wasn't for sale and twice we wanted him on loan but Coppel wouldn't allow it.

Our Chairman really wants Leroy Lita back, he made that clear last season, our scout went to watch him in Reading's final reserve game this season and whilst Leroy didn't set the world alight I sure as hell wouldn't be surprised to see Lansdown contacting Leroy's agent and making sure ours is a competitive offer on the table. Leroy previously didn't want to come because he still believed he had a future at Reading. Now he hasn't the tide may have turned slightly.

Guest MaloneFM

The tide HAS turned. Lansdown and Johnson HAVE contacted Lita's agent and were massively unimpressed by the response.

Coppell effectively banned him from coming down here at the weekend and going on the sauce with the first team.

If he still had it they wouldn't have released him on a free. After going to Naarich on loan. Who were relelgated.

Litas c***ed his career right up with his bad attitude, Maybe this is the kick up the arse he needed. Some champ side will still have him.

I Would like to see him here if gary could kick the twatt out of him, some deal like pay as you play, dock wages for being a #### that sort of thing.

Murty would be good

What people are forgetting is it's not just about Johnson here, Steve Lansdown wanted Leroy back,

Our Chairman really wants Leroy Lita back, he made that clear last season,

I sure as hell wouldn't be surprised to see Lansdown contacting Leroy's agent and making sure ours is a competitive offer on the table.

I can't believe the Chairman would have such a strong say in the players City sign, well I would hope not anyway.

Beat the s**t out of the rest of the team in pre season up hill running before he left.

I don't fancy wasting money on full backs (anyone can do the job) but this one I support.

Absolutely, great potential there.

Apologies if this has come up before, but I see that Scott Golbourne has been released by Reading. He didn't really make an impact there but perhaps that is understandable seeing as they've been in the Premier League for a couple of the last few seasons.

I know he was highly thought of here before he left, and given our lack of cover at left back he could be a potential target. Presumably he's a local lad too having come up through our academy.

I'm undecided on whether it would be a good move, perhaps if he was going to fulfil his potential then he would have forced his way into the Reading side.

I asked the question regarding sell on clauses of SL at the open day 2 years ago not long after Leroy left and was told that there was a sell clause and goes on ad infinitum no matter what club you are with.

May need clarifying now that he has been released instead of transfered but who knows.

I asked the question regarding sell on clauses of SL at the open day 2 years ago not long after Leroy left and was told that there was a sell clause and goes on ad infinitum no matter what club you are with.

May need clarifying now that he has been released instead of transfered but who knows.

Sadly we get nothing. The sell on clause only applies if they sell the player, and when he says it goes on ad infinitum he means that were Reading to impose a similar clause on a buyer we would be entitled to a cut of further payments as well. However since there will be no agreement between Reading and whoever he signs for and no fee paid, we get nowt and it's done with.

Archived