IGNORED

Fredy Montero

GrahamC

Post on the BBC 606 forum from guy who says he's based in Seattle and they we've enquired about Seattle Sounders 21 year old Columbian International striker Fredy Montero, who is on loan in the MLS from Deportivo Cali, if the original poster is based in the US, it seems very obscure to make up a rumour about us, doesn't it?

Post on the BBC 606 forum from guy who says he's based in Seattle and they we've enquired about Seattle Sounders 21 year old Columbian International striker Fredy Montero, who is on loan in the MLS from Deportivo Cali, if the original poster is based in the US, it seems very obscure to make up a rumour about us, doesn't it?

he doesn't speak english - http://www.soundersfc.com/Team/Players/Freddy-Montero.aspx

seems a slightly odd target, he seems slight, fast but not exactly prolific. he also only signed in Jan 2009 for them so...?

I just spotted that too, there is a guy in Miami trying to find out more info, he knew of the Montero loan to Seattle before the story broke and says he will find out. The last he heard was Fredy was going back to Columbia in November. I'm starting to think there maybe something in this.

He has expressed his desire to play in Europe and pretty much said he's using MLS as a stepping stone to get noticed, funnily enough I was reading an article the other day about MLS players that could make it in Europe and he was one. http://soccerlens.com/five-mls-players-cap...n-europe/30052/

Yep if you look on the more football rumours post below it has been mentioned at the end.

I sat 'football rumours website' and immediately disregarded it.

However first poster is correct and someone on 606 has signed up from seattle saying they have heard about it their end. However i wouldnt put it past this mysterious new seattle poster to be a SAG as those boards are full of them on the wind up.

Anyhow i loked on a the sounders boards and they seem to suggest he is lazy and cant pass, and there are post calling for him to be dropped. Also its osunds liek ownership, work permit etc would be v complicated. Would be good to see us casting the net this far but sounds like a right nightmare.

Didnt someone suggest ex man utd youngster whos playing out there before for Dallas, Kenny Cooper. he would have been a good shout

Yep, I'm sure Deportivo Cali would be suprised if Seattle sold him!

He's good, but there is no way in hell he'd come to Europe for a non-top flight club.

but if he's lazy and cannot pass the ball he might come over to play for the Gas. :noexpression:

they are short of weakness in depth.

I don't see the point in signing a player who plays in the hole when we're 90% of the time going to play Maynard.

Get Maynard on the toes of the last defender, where he has no involvement in build up play. Then have this guy behind him pulling the strings, stop the long ball b0ll0cks and hey presto we immediately become a lot more watchable.

Sounds a bit too easy though!

Get Maynard on the toes of the last defender, where he has no involvement in build up play. Then have this guy behind him pulling the strings, stop the long ball b0ll0cks and hey presto we immediately become a lot more watchable.

Sounds a bit too easy though!

Nicky Maynard isn't quick enough,

And stopping the long ball ahem.. requires changing 3/4 of our defence.

And GJ likes the long ball "option".

sick and tired of reading people slag off our football style, ok we are not brazil by any means and at times yer i guess the ball does go up to the big man but look at brum (jerome), wolves (Iwelumo), Sheff Utd (had J.Beattie for first half of season), Preston (parkin) as just a few successful teams who do that.

Plus i think on the whole we do try play football , certainly in my opinion more than most in the division

Well done for finding this chowie i was going to have a go but couldnt be bothered ha ha.

Either way sounds like he may well be out of our range now, interesting to see how he gets on if he does turn up as i seeme to remember lots of seattle fans thinking he is a bit rubbish anyway.

Archived