IGNORED

Styvvar

internetjef

Hi guys

can someone quickly update me to the steyvvar situation?

I heard he was rumoured to be going to xanthi or someone in greece but heard it was a rumour. someone in work today says hes actually gone and was very confident of it

Can anyone confirm. wikipedia says he has (i don't trust this though), xanthi website is all in greek so no idea there. Ive seen nothing on the OS??

Ima ware there wa s alonger thread on this but i had a look at lunch and it didnt appear conclusive either. Can someone give me the lowdown???

I would say he's more than likely gone but the club will only comment once the deal has been inked. No news to say Stambolziev has gone yet either. Maybe the club is looking to bring someone in before announcing any others have left?

He didn't impress you during his 4 minute run out then?

While i agree he wasn't given a sufficient chance to impress on the pitch, surely he cannot have given GJ any reason to select him with his training performances? especially if we are willing to let the lad go.

If we do sell him, it must go down as one of the worst peices of business this club has done in a while, close to the Dinning deal!

While i agree he wasn't given a sufficient chance to impress on the pitch, surely he cannot have given GJ any reason to select him with his training performances? especially if we are willing to let the lad go.

If we do sell him, it must go down as one of the worst peices of business this club has done in a while, close to the Dinning deal!

When you buy a player I was under the impression it would be a good plan to watch the guy and find out about him;

We bring in Styvar/S.John and loan out Trunds/Akinde :disapointed2se: the later 2 would of give a bit lot more effort and saved the club a few quite a few quid as well. :disapointed2se:

In Johnson we trust get a little concerned.

When you buy a player I was under the impression it would be a good plan to watch the guy and find out about him;

We bring in Styvar/S.John and loan out Trunds/Akinde :disapointed2se: the later 2 would of give a bit lot more effort and saved the club a few quite a few quid as well. :disapointed2se:

Absolutely, Perhaps the problem lies with the scout that recomended him... wonder how he got his job... :innocent06: (thats a joke for any of the blinded morons who reside on these forums)

But, facts remain he clearly isnt up to the job, otherwise he would have been chosen right?

I personally thought SJ did a good job here, certainly more than LT did the previous year, but thats all opinions :)

Stop the world I want to get off........... :surrender:

I for one will be very disappointed if Styvar is going for good.. think he has showed some promise and i would love to see him given A chance this season, if he goes on loan i can only imagine it to be for 1st team football and fitness? and as horn said i was under the impression that he had moved his family here and he said he was settled?? I'm baffled by this situation.

I for one will be very disappointed if Styvar is going for good.. think he has showed some promise and i would love to see him given A chance this season, if he goes on loan i can only imagine it to be for 1st team football and fitness? and as horn said i was under the impression that he had moved his family here and he said he was settled?? I'm baffled by this situation.

Not baffling at all, the bewildering thing is that City signed Styvar in the first place.

We were told when he arrived that he wouldn't need time to adapt and he "would hit the ground running."

Unfortunately he hit the ground stumbling, and then fell over. :noexpression:

I haven't seen promise in Styvar or anything in his game which suggests he could be a success in Championship football and I'd be surprised if even Rovers were interested in signing him for the division below.

I expect we'll see him back at City, but only in a year's time when the Greek team decide he's not worthy of a permanent deal.

Guest RobbieTurner
He came, he saw, he........was told to go away?!

Weird

I for one would think twice about signing for City in January, there seems to be a bit of a trend starting here..... :noexpression:

Bad business? Well if we get most back after a year on loan it was a risk worth taking - shows that risk of taking people from abroad. Stay with a good brit/british based player then less risk of not settling

So that's the Prem, CCC and even the lower leagues collapsed then?

We've even had British players fail to settle. It happens. I don't think you can dismiss taking a player because of one bad experience.

Yes bad business. we payed him 6 months wages. he's on anywhere upward of £5k a week you would expect, that for 4 starts is BAD business.

and if the player is a crap as he was here, whats to say the greeks will sign him permanent?

one of the worst signings we've made in recent times. can't wait to see what comes in this summer...

Archived