IGNORED

7 Out, None In

myol'man

Gotta say. I don't believe it. The Steven Appiah thing makes me think its someone who has beem playing Football Manager.

He's available on a free at the start of the game and he's prem quality.

I want to believe those rumours but yessir would'nt reveal all that. he usually confirms deals just as they are about to be announced.

Reading between the lines I wouldn't be surprise if Yessir's next revelation is a cheeky bid for Michael Tongue. :pacifier:

Looking at the squad on Wikipedia, not the most reliable indicator I know and taking into account those who have left but are still listed:

Goalkeepers

Adriano Basso

Stephen Henderson

Defenders:

Bradley Orr

Christian Riberio

Liam Fontaine

Jamie McCombe

Louis Carey

James Wilson

Jordan Walker

Jamie McAllister

Midfielders:

Ivan Sproule

Brian Wilson

Marvin Elliott

Lee Johnson

Cole Skuse

Gavin Williams

Frankie Artus

Michael McIndoe

Strikers:

Nicky Maynard

John Akinde

Lee Trundle

Tristan Plummer (though Wikipedia says he is a midfielder)

A squad of 22 I make it, and of those, none of Walker, Artus or Plummer have even played for us yet.

No offer for Izzy means that 7 of the squad have now gone,

( Weale, Styver, Noble, JMW, Scotty, Dele [ OS says Dele released ] and Izzy)

with no signings coming in.

Worrying lack of activity, or just part of the summer waiting game?

What do you think?

Have a look at the Championship Tracker, you will see most of the clubs in the Championship are in a similar position, ie; not many in's and lots of out's.

With names like Martin and Yeates in the "hat" it should prove to be an exciting close season.

Anyone else think we could bring in up to 7 or 8 players this season?

Johnson has already said they are looking to bring in a goalkeeper and he released Izzy because they were looking at other targets. (2 signings)

We've had a bid for a centre midfielder rejected, and were also rumoured to have bid for 2 wingers, Martin and Yeates (3 signings)

At the end of the season, Johnson said he would look to bring in at least 1 striker and has since said he wants a replacement for Dele, and has other targets in mind to replace Styvar (2 or 3 signings)

Not surprised by the number that have left at all, much as I expected. I'll be amazed if we only bring in 3-4 players like GJ said in the press, we clearly need 6-8 depending on how much the manager intends to rely on youngsters. I suspect he's just playing his usual game of playing it down.

Archived