IGNORED

£80m - Is Any Player Really Worth That?

Maesknoll Red

Perez clearly hasn't learned anything from his last 'Galacticos' team when they won approximately squat if memory serves me correct.

It's ridiculous, 80 million big ones. Nobody is worth that. Farcical.

Oh, and whilst I'm here, why haven't we put a bid in and competed for this signature......

In this climate. I would not be surprised to see them come crashing down (financially)

Are they not already in debt by quite abit, always amazes me that clubs like that splash ridiculous amounts of cash when smaller clubs are struggling and going to the wall.

Am thankful we have Lansdown in charge, although it is nice to spend on big players it's good knowing we have someone sensible in charge with the clubs best interest at heart

In this climate. I would not be surprised to see them come crashing down (financially)

No chance - they will recoup most of the money spent on shirts, tours, tv deals etc. It's crazy money, but it's also a business decision - and probably two very good bits of business for Madrid.

See there's rumours that Ronaldo was owed £20m by Madrid if he didn't sign for them by 30th June 09 - whoever is that boy's agent has done a hell of a deal there!

But yeah, football has gone completely mad. Not just the £130 odd million they've spent, but imagine what these guys are earning!

A little bit off subject, but a bit of heart warming news that won't go reported! The Dumbarton captain was killed at the weekend in a car crash, young lad with a 5 month old child. St Mirren are playing them in a pre season friendly and are giving their share of the gate to the lads partner. Now, not going to be mega bucks, but a hell of a gesture. Wonder if Real Madrid would do the same........

Yeah he's worth it. Real Madrid will never go out of business because they're backed by the Spanish government. They did a deal with their council for their old training ground which paid them about ten times over the odds for it. then bought their new training facilities off them and leased it back for about 10p a millenium.

Don't remember this then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crDzasp1-60. Couple of league titles and a champions league ain't bad. Should have done more i agree but they did win something.

I can't wait to see Ribery at Manchester United.

Yeah he's worth it. Real Madrid will never go out of business because they're backed by the Spanish government. They did a deal with their council for their old training ground which paid them about ten times over the odds for it. then bought their new training facilities off them and leased it back for about 10p a millenium.

Don't remember this then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crDzasp1-60. Couple of league titles and a champions league ain't bad. Should have done more i agree but they did win something.

I couldn't care less about Man. Utd. but it's good to think we'll be seeing alot less of the irritating Ronaldo on the TV.

Well they have one hell of a catch up to make on Barca. £136m on those two won't make a huge amount of difference I suspect. Don't get me wrong - they are awesome players. 2 of the very best in the world....but that Madrid side has far more weaknesses than Barca. They'll probably finish 2nd in Spain and fail to make the Chamions League final again.

Don't rate Ribery at all, and who cares!!!

Utd will miss the Winker more then he will miss them that's for sure! Ribery will not create, or score as many goals as Ronaldo.......anyway why are we discussing the scum on the Bristol City forum, let's discuss the 300k transfers that matter I.E Yeates :innocent06:

Ronaldo is a great footballer but no way is he worth 80 million that is just silly money.

If he is worth 80 million. Then how much would Barcalona want for Messi who IMO is a better footballer than Ronaldo.

I don't even think Ronaldo is a great, far from it. Hes a show boater,most of the current top footballers are very robotic and anyone who can beat a man nowdays is hyped by the press. Go back a few years and the art of dribbling was everywhere. Now days you have vastly overrated players like Gerrard who as a midfield player isnt fit to lace the boots of players like Zidane,Hoddle etc.

Its only the amount of money washing around in the game that inflates the prices.

Mind you, Messi must be worth 200 million if Ronaldo's price is anything to go by!

Well they have one hell of a catch up to make on Barca. £136m on those two won't make a huge amount of difference I suspect. Don't get me wrong - they are awesome players. 2 of the very best in the world....but that Madrid side has far more weaknesses than Barca. They'll probably finish 2nd in Spain and fail to make the Chamions League final again.

They need to spend 136m shoring up their crappy defence rather that their midfield/attack!

that is stupid money, but watching the barca v real madrid game next year will be pretty good entertainment!

Ribery isnt in the same class as Ronaldo, Messi and Kaka, so it will be fun to see who man u get in to replace him! It wont happen, but I would love to see man u invoke messi's buy out clause and get him over here - I think most spanish clubs have those contractual buy out clauses but they are set really high. I also think that Marvin Elliott will have one installed in his contract if he signs a new one with us?

Like a lot of other City supporters i am sitting here keeping the forum open (just in case anything happens at the Gate) whilst constantly searching job sites for any job to keep head above water and money to feed the family after being made redundant last week when this story breaks??????

Oh how it makes my day - NOT.

The world has finally gone crazy.

Like a lot of other City supporters i am sitting here keeping the forum open (just in case anything happens at the Gate) whilst constantly searching job sites for any job to keep head above water and money to feed the family after being made redundant last week when this story breaks??????

Oh how it makes my day - NOT.

The world has finally gone crazy.

Politicians and Football clubs are laughing in the face of the recession!

I make myself feel better by thinking of all football transfers as Monopoly money.

This cash will never be seen by you or I, only the players in the game can spend this. Every week we add to the monopoly money in circulation, the money football clubs spend on eachother will never get banked back into real money.

£80million is lot of pink 500s...

:bonkers:

Too funny, with all the add ons and 5h1t it will be closer to 100m Real will have to splash out, the same price as Newcastle Football clubs, holy crap. :noexpression:

100m does not mean anything to me, its just a figure. When i hear GM in the USA are being bailed out to the tune of 67billion, then I seem to become desensitized to money, what is money, and why do we need it?

I think this is a very very poor taisting joke, in this global climate its not a good move from real, not a good one at all, and yes as somone pointed out the Spanish taxpayers funds Madrid, how would we like it if our taxes went to Arsenal?

What a joke this world has become.

• Admin
Don't rate Ribery at all, and who cares!!!

Utd will miss the Winker more then he will miss them that's for sure! Ribery will not create, or score as many goals as Ronaldo.......anyway why are we discussing the scum on the Bristol City forum, let's discuss the 300k transfers that matter I.E Yeates :innocent06:

We're not, they are quietly festering in whorefield.

TBH I don't know what the fuss is about?

Its a big number yes....but he must be worth it or it would not be paid

As already stated in this thread Real will make more than their money back over a couple of seasons so it is a good investment

Whats the problem?

Some pay over £20m for a painting!

Archived