IGNORED

£80m - Is Any Player Really Worth That?

Maesknoll Red

The sad thing is Madrid can afford to spend these ludicrous amounts of money. Their tv deal nets them twice as much profit as the one Man U has, and they're looking to make a profit on the purchase of Kaka in the long run thanks to shirt sales.

I don't now if it's the case today but ten years ago RM owned the intangible rights to all their players.

A historical question to you all: name the first English player that was transfered for £1 000 000?

Ridiculous price.

£136m on 2 players in a week, crazy, especially in these economically straitened times.

Wonder how much the sale has to do with Man United's debt, especially given that they have not yet signed Tevez but a few years ago they would have done so by now I believe..

It probably isnt helping them the debt right now, but the board spent fair bit of money since the takover by the Glazers. This season they signed Berbatov for £30m, those 2 youngsters from i think yugoslavia or wherever there from for a combined fee of £17m. Thats fair bit of money spent out on them 3 players alone. No news has ever come out saying that Ferguson hasnt been able to buy a player due to transfer fee. The only exception maybe Tevez but thats not related to funds not being there.

It's mental. And one of the things that is slowly putting me off top flight football. Then again, Man Citeh supposedly offered £109 million for Kaka, but who would want to go there?? (Only greedy people like Gareth Barry ;) )

Archived