IGNORED

Myrie-williams Joins Dundee Utd

!james

Dundee United have signed 21-year-old forward Jennison Myrie-Williams from Championship side Bristol City.

The former England U-18 international, who can play in midfield or as a striker, arrives on a two-year deal.

Myrie-Williams is a product of the Bristol City youth academy and has had loan spells with Hereford, Carlisle, Cheltenham and Tranmere.

"I'm excited about this signing and I am sure he will develop into a real talent," said United boss Craig Levein.

"Jennison is a player I've known about and admired for some time and up to about two years ago I would have said he was one of the brightest prospects in the country.

"Since then he's lost his way a bit through no real fault of his own and I'm delighted that we've managed to bring him to this club.

"He is a player who will not only excite the fans with his direct, quick running at defences, but he will also add pace to the team and strengthen our options going forward.

"He's still only 21 and I feel we can offer him the type of steady environment where he will now develop and fulfil his early promise."

good luck to him

Yeah good luck Jennison. We'll never know the ins and outs of what happened at City.

I remember your brilliant run down the left wing and an inch perfect pull-back for Scott Brown's goal against ........ (sorry, short term memories gone forever) in League 1.

Good luck mate you've done your porridge now hope you get some cream

Guest RobbieTurner
good luck to him

"Since then he's lost his way a bit through no real fault of his own "

Huh...???????? Whose fault is it then GJ's....?? Bit of a snipe...prat.

Well maybe JMW suffered from the club going up a division?

Infact I think he did!

Done nothing for us and had a chip on his shoulder. No doubt a few on here will now paint him as a great talent and gj has got it all wrong.

Indeed. But still, it's hard to believe that we are now better than the third best team in Scotland, as they are picking up our cast-offs!

I thought he had promise in League 1, and had we stayed down, he may well have managed to hold down a place. As it was we went up and he was nowhere near ready to cope at this level. But now, two years later, Dundee Utd consider him good enough to be competing for a place in a Europa Cup team. Bizarre.

Or maybe they just read Steve Claridge's report and were the only people who doesn't think he talks out of his ar*e.

jmw was a confidence player and he lost it big time with us add to the fact he simply wasn't good enough to get in the team on his ability anyway

good luck to him but i have a feeling he will be another player we wont see setting the world alight in the spl

Done nothing for us and had a chip on his shoulder. No doubt a few on here will now paint him as a great talent and gj has got it all wrong.

Done nothing for us?

I'd say he was a pretty big part in our League 1 promotion, scored some vital goals (with his first touch against Tranmere i think, may have been Bournemouth to put us 3-2 up) and someone said earlier about his great assist for Scott Murray (not Brown) so he created some pretty important goals too!

Never thought he had much real talent to be honest, one of the main reasons he looked half decent in league one was beacuse of his pace, the vast majority of the times he got to the by-line his end product was woeful.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on in the SPL thou, as Riaz said Dundee have a squad as good as ours, i personally cant see him getting much forst team fotball up there..

• Admin
Why did we just let him go?

He is under 24 so couldnt leave on a bosman

Even if we sold him for nothing We could still of had a sell on!!

Because to invoke that privilege we would have had to offer him an improved contract when his existing one expired this Summer. If this had backfired on us with no-one coming in for him we'd have been stuck with someone the gaffer didn't want to select using up a squad place that could be better offered to an alternative.

All we saw were a few early performances as an 18/19 year old, after that he has been in reserves, or shunted out on loan. It is hard for him to perform for us if he never gets selected, and lets face it, at the end of last season he could hardly have made the team any worse! I don't know if he will make it at Dundee Utd or not, but at least he might get a chance to prove himself

Funny how all players leaving are deemed to have a 'bad attitude' in some peoples eyes......

Stange one this. I thought he'd end up with a mid table league 1 side at best to be honest, then again I'm no expert on SPL so who knows? Seems a good move for him. I remember as a 18/19 year old with a bit of promise but sort of faded away, maybe just not a Johnson player?

What a great talent, GJ has got it all wrong :disapointed2se:

nah. not from what I've seen.

He was hyped up as the new lita, but never had that quality and look totally out of his depth most of the time. A few rare flashes of brilliance, but not nearly enough.

Never impressed much whilst on loan either. Hereford dot even want him!

Done nothing for us?

I'd say he was a pretty big part in our League 1 promotion, scored some vital goals (with his first touch against Tranmere i think, may have been Bournemouth to put us 3-2 up) and someone said earlier about his great assist for Scott Murray (not Brown) so he created some pretty important goals too!

We must be thinking about different goals mate.

Just looked it up on the Video Archive.

The one I remember was against Crewe 29/9/06 and Jennison did put Scott Brown in with an electrifying run and pull-back. Brilliant.

There was also a brilliant pirhouette on the right of the box to put Scotty Brown in again (Brighton 2-1 at AG)

that's a tad harsh.

I think you might have read that the wrong way; seems clear to me GJ was being kind to the lad.

things don't always work out. You might argue he did not have sufficient chances under GJ and you might also say GJ saw enough to think he was not quite good enough or right for us.

Promising youngster who turned out to be mediocre and lack the mental strength to make it. Maybe Scottish football will help him develop that, it's all blood and guts, but I don't think that style will suit his game - he likes to keep his kit too clean. Good luck to him, seemed very intelligent in a long interview on Radio Bristol so hopefully he can apply that and adapt.

Archived