IGNORED

In The Sun Newspaper Today

JudgeRed

Who knows? Marvin is supposed to sign his contract this week but no news yet.

What tends to be forgotten is that Sinclair is a striker by trade, despite various clubs playing him on the wing. His successful load spell at Plymouth was up front. As to McSheffrey, he tends to be linked with Forest and Coventry, but is bound to leave Brum.

Who knows? Marvin is supposed to sign his contract this week but no news yet.

I think the report was "verbally agreed" and "expected to sign" wasn't it?

Similar to Stambolsiev then?

When I was interviewing for jobs a couple of years ago I was offered 2 positions within the same day. I told the 1st job that I was happy with their offer and would accept it, but then the next offer was even better so I went for that one.

Marv may have been happy to stay when the offer was made, but a better may have come along.

Having read a lot of posts on here it seems all the teams are planning ahead, I am sure we don't get told about every enquiry and the managers are lining up replacments for the players in question before they break the news.

My feeling is GJ is trying to line up De silva because Marv could be on his way, Barnsley are trying to line up a replacment before the deals start to roll out.

GJ are claiming Marv is going to sign to get the best price and Barnsley are asking for more and so on. :noexpression:

Personally I would not lose sleep if we lost Marv but gained Sinclair to play up front with Maynard and De Silva to replace LJ in midfield alongside Skuse. Creating and scoring goals is our Number 1 problem - Sinclair and De Silva would go a long way towards addressing those problems and I really don't think Skuse is a million miles away from being 'the new Marvin Elliott'.

marv hasn't signed a new contract because he is still not back yet

I thought GJ said he was back to sign early this week?? Something that has been verbally accepted can only take seconds to sign assuming he is back, so I fear that the fulham rumour has legs - right sort of club, right sort of money

I thought GJ said he was back to sign early this week?? Something that has been verbally accepted can only take seconds to sign assuming he is back, so I fear that the fulham rumour has legs - right sort of club, right sort of money

no hes defiantly not back yet and i don't blame him f###### builders cutting pavement slabs at 7 in the morning

no hes defiantly not back yet and i don't blame him f###### builders cutting pavement slabs at 7 in the morning

i hope you are right but if your basing it on is apartment in portishead not having lights on he may be staying in a plush fulham pad this week

i hope you are right but if your basing it on is apartment in portishead not having lights on he may be staying in a plush fulham pad this week

yeah might be true but when i spoke to marv in january he said he would stay and was happy when pompey and wolves were sniffing around so i believe he will sign a new contract this summer

yeah might be true but when i spoke to marv in january he said he would stay and was happy when pompey and wolves were sniffing around so i believe he will sign a new contract this summer

I'm sure he meant it then, but everyone is entitled to change their mind. I for one will only be content when he's signed.

I remember saying to ade akinbiyi are you staying he said yes, next week bye bye!!!!!

i had all this when i posted that in january but he stayed if he wanted a move i believe he would come out and say so but as i have no reason to doubt him i believe he will sign but time will tell

i had all this when i posted that in january but he stayed if he wanted a move i believe he would come out and say so but as i have no reason to doubt him i believe he will sign but time will tell

If there's any truth in the Fulham rumour then it's very likely Marvin will go.

How many Championship players turn down the opportunity to join a Premier League club?

Why would Marvin be any different? :dunno:

How many Championship players turn down the opportunity to join a Premier League club?

Plus it's London, his home town, European football (!) and his agent doesn't just spend his time negotiating with us, surely there's a reason why his name keeps cropping up with the second level Prem teams (Blackburn, Wigan, Pompey) in the red tops, isn't there?

I also see Anderson DeSilva as a replacement not partner for ME, if he arrives.....

very true but the thing is with him only having a year left if he wasn't going to sign just like orr he would be transfer listed and all in sundry would be made aware of his availably to start a bidding war as there are a number of clubs after him

very true but the thing is with him only having a year left if he wasn't going to sign just like orr he would be transfer listed and all in sundry would be made aware of his availably to start a bidding war as there are a number of clubs after him

By signing a new contract doesnt mean he is committed to staying.. he just covers himself if a move to a prem team falls through.

You only joined the forum on February 16th.

Plus it's London, his home town, European football (!) and his agent doesn't just spend his time negotiating with us, surely there's a reason why his name keeps cropping up with the second level Prem teams (Blackburn, Wigan, Pompey) in the red tops, isn't there?

I also see Anderson DeSilva as a replacement not partner for ME, if he arrives.....

Same here, City's bid for De Silva is a very surprising one if Marvin is staying.

Despite lots of people on here licking their lips at the prospect of them both playing in the same City team, I can't see it at all.

One or the other, and if De Silva's signing is clinched I would expect that to signal an announcement of Marvin's departure shortly afterwards.

I don't reckon the Da Silva bid will happen. GJ does things on the hush hush so either he'll pull the plug because Davey has blabbed or he wanted Davey to go public so peoples eyes are diverted from his real targets. Think, since this story of Da Silva has come up, no-one has talked about any other potential signings.

I don't reckon the Da Silva bid will happen. GJ does things on the hush hush so either he'll pull the plug because Davey has blabbed or he wanted Davey to go public so peoples eyes are diverted from his real targets.

Not so sure about that - didn't Davey say City were like " a dog with a bone" in our persuit of DeSilva.

GJ may well be irked that the deal has become so public, but if DeSilva is the player he really wants then you wouldn't think a bit of indiscretion from the selling manager would put him off.

If DeSilva himself was at fault in some way then that would be different.

He couldn't rely on Davey going public, so the diversion tactic seems unlikely too.

Unless someone else comes forward with a figure well beyond City's valuation there must be a high chance of DeSilva ending up at the Gate and at the same time triggering Marvin's departure.

I doubt Johnson phoned up Davey and said, "Hey mate, the fans are getting bit impatient about me signing players, but I don't want them to know my real targets. You reckon you could put a story out that we are after about Basso's cousin?"

I doubt Johnson phoned up Davey and said, "Hey mate, the fans are getting bit impatient about me signing players, but I don't want them to know my real targets. You reckon you could put a story out that we are after about Basso's cousin?"

I doubt it happened like that either. It just seems strange to me that I can't remember a deal where an opposing manager has come out to say we are chasing one of his players. That's all. Even when we were chasing Meteb it wasn't Al-Ahly's manager saying all the stuff it was the agent.

I'm not sure if Marvin will be staying or leaving, but either way I can't see that De Silva would be his direct replacement. If anything, he is closer to an LJ sort of player - nothing at all like Marvin.

Direct like for like replacement maybe not, but Marvin's replacement in squad terms, very likely I feel.

Other midfield players may have to adapt their roles, in LJ's case for instance, he could feature in a different and more offensive role than he has played in his time at AG, which may well be a position he's better suited for, and more his more natural game.

Direct like for like replacement maybe not, but Marvin's replacement in squad terms, very likely I feel.

Other midfield players may have to adapt their roles, in LJ's case for instance, he could feature in a different and more offensive role than he has played in his time at AG, which may well be a position he's better suited for, and more his more natural game.

God I hope you're wrong Noggers, was just starting to believe that GJ has seen the light that CM was one of our main weaknesses. I'd be gutted (but not surprised) if Marvin left, as in my opinion whoever replaces him probably won't be as good.

Archived