IGNORED

New Fixture List Discussion

edson

Boxing Day away again!!!!!

Can't belieeeeeve it... surely someone at the Club realise they're losing a mint as that date, for the exiled fan, is the easiest to attend home fixture of the season. I can remember 17,000 plus turn outs when we we're in 3rd/4th division.

Surely.... start/finish away means we deserve a Boxing Day home fixture.

Can't belieeeeeve it... surely someone at the Club realise they're losing a mint as that date, for the exiled fan, is the easiest to attend home fixture of the season. I can remember 17,000 plus turn outs when we we're in 3rd/4th division.

I don't see why we haveto be away on teh last game of teh season aswell. The Championship season finishes a week earlier than league one and our last game will be on the Sunday whilst The Sags will be playing on the Saturday.

Having a quick glance at ours and Cardiff's fixtures it looks as if both sets of fans will be travelling to the same parts of teh country on the same day again so could be bumping into a few of them at service stations etc.

7 away fixtures in the last 9 seasons (including this one) clearly the fixtures computer doesn't like us.

7 away fixtures in the last 9 seasons (including this one) clearly the fixtures computer doesn't like us.
Boxing day fixtures are hand picked so clearly the fixture bloke doesn't like us.

Guest RobbieTurner
No, this was one or two years before Keegan, all i remember is it ended up 0-0. I had always wanted to savour there passionate support, but there support was pathetic. :noexpression:

In the dry years. I visited my '2nd team' in early april, watched the Chelsea game....atmosphere was far from pathetic for a team in the bottom 3 and looking all but down. I'd give it another go if I were you, although we shouldn't expect 52,000 this time.

Guest RobbieTurner
Didn't we get gubbed about 0-5 as well?

Pretty certain I was at Leicester with some Brentford mate's, and some guy tapped me on the shoulder to say City were 0-3 down. How on earth he knew I was a City fan I'll never know! I didn't utter another word that afternoon!

tut tut....4-1 not 5-0 and David Kelly scored a hat trick against us....again.

In the dry years. I visited my '2nd team' in early april, watched the Chelsea game....atmosphere was far from pathetic for a team in the bottom 3 and looking all but down. I'd give it another go if I were you, although we shouldn't expect 52,000 this time.

Been to St James twice with City and twice since the ground was redeveloped. The two Premier League games were an eye opener and the support given to the team by the "Geordie Nation" was abysmal. I have never heard so little noise made by so many apart from the slagging of their own players. Great place to go for a weekend, crap support, tallest stand [just wait] in the Championship would be my summary.

I think your info maybe incorrect.

We were the first game they played under Keegan.

Keegan took over on Feb 5th 1992.

We played them on the 8th Feb 1992.

You're absolutely right. We were first up and then Barnsley were the next team they played at home.

Guest RobbieTurner
Been to St James twice with City and twice since the ground was redeveloped. The two Premier League games were an eye opener and the support given to the team by the "Geordie Nation" was abysmal. I have never heard so little noise made by so many apart from the slagging of their own players. Great place to go for a weekend, crap support, tallest stand [just wait] in the Championship would be my summary.

Go on the stadium tour if you can, its amazing. Tallest stand...??? How about the tallest stand in the UK...Wembley included. Fact.

Archived