IGNORED

Cardiff's New Stadium

silverfox

Currently working with a contractor from Cardiff who is, regrettably, a Cardiff City fan. A tragedy, I know.....

He says they are yet to have a name for their new ground. I suggested "The Scott Murray Stadium", but this didn't seem to go down well.

As it's silly season, any other suggestions?

(Apologies if this subject has already been aired on here - no doubt someone will let me know pretty sharpish if that's the case).

Currently working with a contractor from Cardiff who is, regrettably, a Cardiff City fan. A tragedy, I know.....

He says they are yet to have a name for their new ground. I suggested "The Scott Murray Stadium", but this didn't seem to go down well.

(Apologies if this subject has already been aired on here - no doubt someone will let me know pretty sharpish if that's the case).

the bar bar yes bud stadium :englandsmile4wf:

Asda shopping trolley park

anyone have a clue how much it costs? be interested to see what a stadium like that costs!!!! it aint as big as readings is it?

Guest RobbieTurner

the sheep shagger stadium....?

I spent the weekend on a stag doo with a Cardiff fan, who said how disapointed he is with the look of the new ground and he thinks it is a S *** or bust season for them

I use JJB gym bang opposite the stadium and have seen it build from buidling site to nearly finished, and it does not look as bad as people are saying. Sure the blue and white blocks do look a bit silly, but the design seems passable. Not what I'd like AG to end up like, but its not as bad as people suggest.

Incidentally it looks pretty small close up. It not as high as the Dolman stand, and the 'welcome' away fans get, and the noise they generate is going to be hard to replicate here. The roofs seem to slope up (ala Atyeo) so the sound will be up and out in a flash and it ill be like a morgue in there...

"The roofs seem to slope up (ala Atyeo) so the sound will be up and out in a flash and it ill be like a morgue in there..."

Interesting point about acoustics and stand design for those of us who sit in areas of AG where we bust a gut to be heard, only to be told that we can't really be. As a lad I stood in the EE, and my God, did we generate some noise. We had the whole end to ourselves then, of course. Fantastic support still by those of our fans allowed in the EE (thanks guys), but it's annoying that away fans benefit from being able to generate a lot of volume in that stand because of its superior acoustic.

So, and now to my point (!), I wonder how far up the planner's Ashton Vale agenda is the question of acoustics, particularly for home fans. Anyone know?

Archived