IGNORED

Cardiff's New Stadium

silverfox

I use JJB gym bang opposite the stadium and have seen it build from buidling site to nearly finished, and it does not look as bad as people are saying. Sure the blue and white blocks do look a bit silly, but the design seems passable. Not what I'd like AG to end up like, but its not as bad as people suggest.

Incidentally it looks pretty small close up. It not as high as the Dolman stand, and the 'welcome' away fans get, and the noise they generate is going to be hard to replicate here. The roofs seem to slope up (ala Atyeo) so the sound will be up and out in a flash and it ill be like a morgue in there...

I am also a resident of Cardiff and have to disagree with your assessment, i think it looks utter turd!

anyone have a clue how much it costs? be interested to see what a stadium like that costs!!!! it aint as big as readings is it?

The stadium cost is £57m, however they have saved £5k by using second hand light fittings through the corridor and the adjacent ofices that lead to the changing rooms, including Dave Jones' office! No word of a lie!

Had to pay for Risdale's goldfish somehow!

Don't be so cynical, have you considered that the goldfish may be second hand too?!

Having been there and walked around the stadium, the whole place is built on a budget. It truly is a showcase on how to build something that looks old before they've even opened it. A stadium is for life, not just for pikeys........

Having been there and walked around the stadium, the whole place is built on a budget. It truly is a showcase on how to build something that looks old before they've even opened it. A stadium is for life, not just for pikeys........

To be fair, Ninian Park was a dank, decrepid shithole, so maybe they're just trying to recreate as many features as possible, make it seem more homely.

The Whose Coat is that Jacket Stadium.

To be fair, Ninian Park was a dank, decrepid shithole, so maybe they're just trying to recreate as many features as possible, make it seem more homely.

The Whose Coat is that Jacket Stadium.

The 'Who's Boots are Those Shoes' Stadium

The 'See Them Four Houses Over There, I Live In The Middle One' Stadium

The 'I Came Out Of The Train Station And There Was My Bike, Gone' Stadium

I'll be disappointed if they don't consider one of those.

Jack Barsteward Wanna Be Arena,

What the furkin hell is this, road.

Council Estate,

Spitty park.

There probably give a competition for someone to give it a name or something really cheap like that.

My Cardiff contacts seem to think its called the cardiff city stadium or something

Archived