IGNORED

Michael Jackson

Longacre_red

Weird, can't believe what I'm seeing.

He's up there with Elvis, Monroe and Diana as modern day icons. RIP

Michael Jackson is definately there with Elvis as a top music industry icon and Superstar. I remember his album Thriller - always played at the gym I used to train at 1983-84 until the vinyl record must have worn out.

Michael Jackson is definately there with Elvis as a top music industry icon and Superstar. I remember his album Thriller - always played at the gym I used to train at 1983-84 until the vinyl record must have worn out.

The first song I heard from Michael Jackson was Billie Jean from his album Thriller.

I remember his dance steps in his video.

Thriller was the best selling album of all time with more than 109 millions copies. :o

The first song I heard from Michael Jackson was Billie Jean from his album Thriller.

I remember his dance steps in his video.

Thriller was the best selling album of all time with more than 109 millions copies. :o

The Thriller album was the work of genius along with all the dance videos that were released to accompany it.

Bit young for when MJ was in his prime but any music fan knows his music.

All of the allegations against him were not proved so he was an innocent man.

RIP Michael Jackson - The King Of Pop

Innocent in the eyes of the law, yes.

Innocent in the eyes of the general public, probably not.

Still, I don't want to speak badly of somebody who can no longer defend himself, so no further comment.

Undoubted superstar and a great talent, alas it seems the pressures of the media and stresses of modern day life has claimed another victim :(

Doubt if many actually new the real MJ apart from MJ in peace now Micheal

I'm a huge MJ fan - I am gutted that he has died. There was talk of more music - now there is no chance of that, and that is sad, It is also very sad that there will never be anymore music from the great man. Have you ever heard a bad MJ song?

He was a genius.

To those who critizise his private life, I cant argue - his behaviour was questionable. Sleeping in bed with kids that are not your own, is strange.

But it should be noted (not an excuse) that Michael Jackson, had a extrodinary life, and reality for him, was something the average person could not get there head round. From a child, he was in demand. He would never experience the same things as most of us do growing up. Simple things such as, going out with mates, and all sort of things we do when we are "growing up"

I think he had a childs outlook, and that is very hard for the average person to understand. So, for him sleeping with children may have been perfectly normal. And I hope (and am sure) it was innocent.

But regardless of his private life, he was the greatest in terms of music - Most artists of today, admit they are MJ fans and influenced by him. You've only got to look at the fact that acts at glastonbury are paying tribute - even though their music is not really the same type of music as MJ's.

I'm sure most people would at least admit that musically he is a genius, even if it's not your cup of tea.

But to me, Michael Jackson IS music.

Guest MaloneFM

It's an Elvis moment isn't it?

Unfortionaly a non to glamorous one for myself as my entourage and I fell out of The Thunderbolt on the Bath road after seeing Hugh Cornwell last night. Mr Reddrive's gender confused young companion from the Far East wound down the car window after the loaded old relic had fallen into the car and said 'I think Michael Jackson's dead, it's on the radio.'

Naturally we began howling with laughter and suggested things such as him dying on his ass after the bloody awful Invincible in 2001 and blaming it on the boogie.

Get home, turn on Sky News....oh dear....

He would never experience the same things as most of us do growing up. Simple things such as, going out with mates, and all sort of things we do when we are "growing up"

That argument just doesn't wash...his brothers were thrust into the limelight at an early age and they coped well enough.

Have you ever heard a bad MJ song?

Yep. Dirty Diana for one. Plenty of dodgy tracks in the 75 - 80 period prior to Off the Wall.

he was the greatest in terms of music

Nonsense. The "King of Pop" was a self appointed title from his management. In reality, Michael Jackson has been living off former glories. One studio album in the last 10 years and about 2 albums in the last 20 years?? Plenty of other artists have greater and larger catalogs of work behind them.

You've only got to look at the fact that acts at glastonbury are paying tribute - even though their music is not really the same type of music as MJ's.

Get real. No one is going to go on stage and slag off another artist when they have just died.

Most artists of today, admit they are MJ fans and influenced by him.

Cobblers. How many artists have actually covered any Michael Jackson songs compared to Lennon & McCartney, Dylan etc etc?

I'm sure most people would at least admit that musically he is a genius, even if it's not your cup of tea.

I would say that he was a good artist, talented and a great showman, but musical genius?.....no can't agree. Look towards one his contemporaries...Prince Rogers Nelson for a true musical genius.

That argument just doesn't wash...his brothers were thrust into the limelight at an early age and they coped well enough

come on now, they were famous, but not at the same level as MJ, how did their solo careers go?!

Yep. Dirty Diana for one. Plenty of dodgy tracks in the 75 - 80 period prior to Off the Wall.

Cant argue with your opinion!

Nonsense. The "King of Pop" was a self appointed title from his management. In reality, Michael Jackson has been living off former glories. One studio album in the last 10 years and about 2 albums in the last 20 years?? Plenty of other artists have greater and larger catalogs of work behind them.

You have a point, but his older stuff is still played very often and is loved by youngster who werent even alive when some of the songs were released.

Cobblers. How many artists have actually covered any Michael Jackson songs compared to Lennon & McCartney, Dylan etc etc?

Nelly, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Ne-Yo, among many others have been heavily influenced by his music - many a rock bank have admitted being influenced. Its would also be very difficult to cover a MJ song, many artist just havent got a voice good enough.

I would say that he was a good artist, talented and a great showman, but musical genius?.....no can't agree. Look towards one his contemporaries...Prince Rogers Nelson for a true musical genius.

I'm sorry, but there is no comparison between Prince and Michael Jackson, MJ is on another level. I don't think Prince would get such a reaction if he died.

come on now, they were famous, but not at the same level as MJ, how did their solo careers go?!

You're missing the point. Jacko's formative years were spent in the Jackson Five...the same as his brothers. Solo careers came later. Little Jimmy Osmond didn't suffer from being in the spotlight. Jacko's problems lie elsewhere.

but his older stuff is still played very often and is loved by youngster who weren't even alive when some of the songs were released.

Irrelevant. The same applies to thousands of artists the world over.

Nelly, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Ne-Yo, among many others have been heavily influenced by his music - many a rock bank have admitted being influenced. Its would also be very difficult to cover a MJ song, many artist just haven't got a voice good enough.

Big deal......compared to the artists I've mentioned or the great Rock n' roll pioneers like Chuck Berry and Little Richard his influence is negligible.

I'm sorry, but there is no comparison between Prince and Michael Jackson, MJ is on another level.

You're sadly deluded if think Jacko has written as many great songs as Prince or has his credibility as an artist.....and let's not forget that Prince is a talented musician to boot.

I don't think Prince would get such a reaction if he died.

Fame and musical talent are entirely different so let's not confuse the two.

I'd like to bring to your attention the death today of another legend in his own right, my cat; Snoopy. He was black and white.

Still, they're both still doing their thing, Wacko moonwalking, Snoops meowing and being a general pain in the arse, only now they're doing it on the other side.

See you both soon.

Guest MaloneFM

Does Snoops get wall to wall coverage on Sky News eh? Favourtism that is son.

And just to lob a large Spaniard in the Jacko is/was a genius machine, he admits he watched and copied all his dance moves from James Brown, if it wasn't for Rod Temperton and the great Quincy Jones Thriller would be arse, as was Bad. Paul Mc Cartney has said his death is a tradegy despite hating him for years after Jackson outbid him and bought the Beatles back catalogue from under his nose after he let slip that he was finally about to own his own songs again.

And Invincible was laughable with no new ideas. Prince on the other hand wrote, played, produced, sang, danced his tiny purple ass off and had time to do Sheena Easton.

Not slagging the lad Jackson just he wasn't seen with a musical instrument very often was he?

MICHAEL JACKSON DIES IN SHOCKINGLY NORMAL FASHION

MICHAEL Jackson, the King of Pop, shocked the world last night by dying in an incredibly ordinary way.

You can finally admit to knowing all the words again

His millions of fans were stunned after the singer died of a very normal heart attack instead of electrocuting himself while re-enacting scenes from The Wizard of Oz with a cast of under-age giraffes.

The heart, Jackson's last original body part, was due to perform in London next month where it was expected to pump blood to a pair of new legs, a borrowed arm and the 14th version of the singer's face.

In Los Angeles, as preparations began for the funeral, a spokesman for the Jackson family said: "While we want to respect Michael's wishes we may have to abandon his desire to have the coffin carried by eight chimpanzees. I don't think he really thought that through."

But it is understood Jackson will be buried in his favourite Peter Pan costume in a bid to ensure that his last journey is as weird and freaky as possible.

Uri Geller, Jackson's friend and now acting King of the Freaks, said: "I feel so desperately sorry for all the freaks today. He was their Diana, their Elvis, their Mother Theresa and their Jade Goody all rolled into one. Which is actually what he looked like too. Check out this spoon."

In Hollywood dozens of other stars paid their tributes, describing him as a genius, an inspiration and the sort of very close friend you did not need to have your picture taken with.

Later today thousands of fans are expected to gather outside Neverland, the singer's former home and shout 'ee-hee' in unison, while in London, tabloid newspaper editors are bidding over a grainy image, supposedly taken this morning, showing Jackson still very much alive and part of a travelling band of Bulgarian circus folk.

Meanwhile at Madame Tussauds wax museum, security guards are standing by to prevent visitors poking the Michael Jackson statue amid rumours the singer had finally found the perfect hiding place.

On the internet, chat forums were awash with Jackson tributes from people who were convinced he was a pervert and wanted him strung up, but who were now desperate to tell the world that he was a victim of the media and that Thriller was a ground-breaking work of genius.

Jen, from Milwaukee, wrote: "As you said Michael, Billie Jean was not your lover and neither was Macaulay Culkin, regardless of what I may or may not have written on my blog four years ago. I hope you find peace in freak heaven."

Pete, from London, said: "The way you danced like a zombie changed the way people thought about dancing like a zombie forever. Rest in Pop."

And Sam, from Rio de Janeiro, added: "You were my heart. I love you sing. You make special times but now you in heaven with all the children. Try not feel them up. God can see your hands now."

Guest MaloneFM
I disagree. But the Beatles are of course up there with the best.

Once more to lob a bit of lighter fluid on didn't the lad Jackson cover 'Come Together' in the film Moonwalker? And when James Brown went into the light he was music, as was Elvis, and Karen Carpenter.

He was immense but to steal one idea is plagarism, to steal many is genius.

Once more to lob a bit of lighter fluid on didn't the lad Jackson cover 'Come Together' in the film Moonwalker? And when James Brown went into the light he was music, as was Elvis, and Karen Carpenter.

He was immense but to steal one idea is plagarism, to steal many is genius.

A lot of people on here are forgetting about Peter Andre.

I disagree. But the Beatles are of course up there with the best.

I agree with you here Riaz, Ive never been an overall fan of MJ the person...but his music, and the way he entertains....is nothing short of genius!

As someone said on the radio, songs like BAD and Thriller, which are 25+ years old, are still so fresh and unique. Just watch some of his shows on YouTube, some of his perdormances......pretty awesome

Cant ever see there being another entertainer like that

For all of his fame and wealth, he came across as so shy and unassuming, but so utterly confident when on stage.

There was something truly special about him. His contribution to music is second to none. Such a gifted performer.

It's such a shame, I felt as if he really wanted to prove to the world that he still had it by performing at the 'This is it' tour. He must have been under so much pressure in the weeks leading up to his death. Perhaps he knew he would struggle to complete all 50 dates but just couldn't bear the horrendous thought of letting down his adoring fans.

In my eyes, he is not just the king of pop, but the king of music. Now he is gone I suppose he has finally been left alone, but for me, he will always be alive through his songs and videos.

Michael Jackson, rest in peace.

For all of his fame and wealth, he came across as so shy and unassuming

No longer wealthy. Why do you think he agreed to tour again? His debts are allegedly around the $300-400MM mark....some legacy for the kids.

but so utterly confident when on stage.

His last stage appearance when announcing the shows was anything but confident.

It's such a shame, I felt as if he really wanted to prove to the world that he still had it by performing at the 'This is it' tour.

Bunkum. He needed the dosh to service his debts. Period.

His contribution to music is second to none. Such a gifted performer.

Well, his sales are 2nd to none. His contribution to music is second to quite a few other artists actually. It might have escaped your attention, but other top artists have been quite active and knocking out quality work over the last 20 years while Jacko has been doing naff all.

He must have been under so much pressure in the weeks leading up to his death. Perhaps he knew he would struggle to complete all 50 dates but just couldn't bear the horrendous thought of letting down his adoring fans.

Struggle to complete all 50 dates?? that's sentimental claptrap. Elton John, is 61 years old, regularly plays 200+ shows per year, gives 20% of the proceeds to charity and rarely misses a gig. Look no further for a contribution to music being "second to none"

He'd been working since he was 10 years old, most 10 year olds can barely tie their own shoelaces, this boy was on world tours and working round the clock to try and impress his father.

A father that used to beat him so hard for getting his routine wrong that it scarred him for life, he even changed his appearance to the freak show that was on display just so he didn't grow old and look like his dad. Michael Jackson had a split personality, if you see any of his interviews you would never believe it's the same guy who could stand in front of 10's of thousands and perform like that.

There is a lot of bad feeling about him because of the child thing, I honestly don't believe he did anything with the kids who stayed at his home, if he did he would have been jailed because he had enough people in the home that would have seen something, and certainly the financial rewards were there to tell the world a story about how Michael Jackson was molesting kids. There's just no way he would be able to pay enough to keep his many staff quiet if he was doing these things. If my kid was molested by a grown man there aint enough money in the world for me to be silenced, I would want the ######r locked up and for him to be left to the mercy of the people inside to finish him off and I doubt you'd find more than 0.1% of parents who'd take the money as compensation over a life in jail.

He's odd, that's true, but like every genius they do have that side to them, it comes with the territory.

The majority of his music was superb, he was an extremely talented man and I doubt you will see another artist who will match what he achieved over 40 years, his music deserves respect regardless of what you thought about him as a person.

Archived