IGNORED

Will Johnson Sign A Midfielder?

Robbored

A creative midfielder is the most important signing Gary J needs to make this close season.

My prediction is that Gary J will make noises about signing a midfielder and will make several unacceptable bids. But he will not sign a creative midfielder who is likely to replace Lee J in the team and who can blame him.

As always I hope I am wrong.

A creative midfielder is the most important signing Gary J needs to make this close season.

My prediction is that Gary J will make noises about signing a midfielder and will make several unacceptable bids. But he will not sign a creative midfielder who is likely to replace Lee J in the team and who can blame him.

Can't beat a good conspiracy theory eh? :noexpression:

Wookey + Hole............may I make a suggestion?

Are you thick enough to think that the manager will make "unacceptable" bids?? What if there accepted?

The bid for da silva was'nt that far from the asking price, can't be that "unacceptable"

You dislike LJ so much its made you deluded.

Can't beat a good conspiracy theory eh? :noexpression:

I'm not saying I subscribe to that conspiracy theory but would you be at all surprised if what we did was make noises all summer about signing a central midfielder but somehow didn't? It wouldn't surprise me and it's what we did last summer after we let Carle go.

Are you thick enough to think that the manager will make "unacceptable" bids?? What if there accepted?

The bid for da silva was'nt that far from the asking price, can't be that "unacceptable"

You mean like Nick Carle?

I'm not saying I subscribe to that conspiracy theory but would you be at all surprised if what we did was make noises all summer about signing a central midfielder but somehow didn't? It wouldn't surprise me and it's what we did last summer after we let Carle go.

Nibor gets it.... :winner_third_h4h:

Nibor gets it.... :winner_third_h4h:

Maybe you are missing something robbored. Bristol City have made no "noise's"

It was Simon Davey who has been making the "noises" - Do you really think GJ's plan is make a bid, in secret, so that it will hopefully go public and make him look like he's chasing a midfield player??

If you believe that then your dumber than I thought.

It would be easy enough to make noises. Do what lots of Managers do and plant names in the press of players you are allegedly after. No need to make any actual bids.

Thank you for calling me thick; I hope it is not because I am a City supporter but is simply because I have not had the education that you have been lucky enough to have.

I made a prediction that you may not agree with but it follows Gary J's pattern of behaviour over the last two years; which I won't spell out.

Now, you make a prediction on whether we we sign a creative midfielder or not. And if you are feeling in the mood; who will it be?

Incidently I don't dislike Gary J, (or even you), he is a great Manager with an understandable blind spot.

The answer to the original question is YES!

We are (I have been told ) in for 2 midfielders and expect to get 1. The 1st is Da Silva the 2nd is not a player I have seen named here or anywhere else conected to City at all but I would personally be excited by it. Totally unconfirmed but fairly confident the info is correct. The time scale is within the next 7 days.

Thank you for calling me thick; I hope it is not because I am a City supporter but is simply because I have not had the education that you have been lucky enough to have.

I made a prediction that you may not agree with but it follows Gary J's pattern of behaviour over the last two years; which I won't spell out.

Now, you make a prediction on whether we we sign a creative midfielder or not. And if you are feeling in the mood; who will it be?

Incidently I don't dislike Gary J, (or even you), he is a great Manager with an understandable blind spot.

I think we will sign a midfielder who is creative, yes.

Blind spot? You are slating him for it, yet you accept it as understandable?

Where are you coming from?

LJ has to work that much harder to silence the few doubters and prove to everyone he's in the team on merit. He's done this season after season, why people keep brining this tired argument it up is baffling and just ultra boring.

We are (I have been told ) in for 2 midfielders and expect to get 1. The 1st is Da Silva the 2nd is not a player I have seen named here or anywhere else conected to City at all but I would personally be excited by it. Totally unconfirmed but fairly confident the info is correct. The time scale is within the next 7 days.

Lee!!! You can't say that and at least not give us a clue me old mucker!!

Sounds interesting, but who would you rather have, Da Silva or the other?

PM :fingerscrossed:

i was under the impression barnsley were looking nearer £1mill for de silva , city,s second bid in the region of £600,000, would imo seem unacceptable, and way off the asking price

I cant see a goal keeping postion is going to be his main concern as you can get emergency loans quiet easy.Think johnson stated this a while back.hopefully it will be a midfielder 2 strikers if not one and maybe a defender!

The next few days will be very interesting..

So far Johnson has brought in a striker with the prospect of one or two more in that position. He's also brought a promising young left back to cover for McAllister who will accrue five yellows and get suspended at some point during the season.

Two players in so far and on World Johnson hinted that there might be "4 or 5" in total. If he brings in another two strikers that leaves only one vacancy. City need another 'keeper with Weale gone already so that vacancy will be filled.

It begs the question that opens this thread.

Will Johnson sign a midfielder?

I have a dreadfull feeling that he just can't see how uncreative last seasons midfield was and that he doesn't see the need to bring a midfielder in.

I think the biggest stumbling block will be persuading a decent midfield player to play for a small village team like Bristol City!!

Mind you, I do agree that an attacking midfielder is required.

You do realise that just because we haven't signed a midfielder yet, it doesn't neccessarily mean that GJ wanted a striker and a back-up defender & keeper more urgently ?

yh i think people are getting carried away, the other deals have obviously been smoother and the bids been accepted, the anderson deal, had two or more bids rejected, and was one of the first people we bid for soo yeah...

For me slightly different but close:

Top drawer all round central midfielder

Decent right winger

Strong striker to lead line (not target man)

Experienced centre half, leader, to take over from Carey

Quality left back to replace McAllister (the new lad is not going to get a sniff at 18 y/o)

Young left winger to push McIndoe

Slightly of topic i suppose, but why do we need an experienced cente half to take over from Carey? What do you mean by take over from him? Do you mean replace him? or cover for him? Because IMO, we wont get much better than Louis. And if you mean cover, I cant see an experienced player coming to sit on the bench to cover him,certainly not one who is any better than what we already have. Think that we now have adequote cover in the left back position ( Mcallister,Fontaine,Wilson,Skuse plus the new lad). Would agree with the rest of your suggestions though.

Slightly of topic i suppose, but why do we need an experienced cente half to take over from Carey? What do you mean by take over from him? Do you mean replace him? or cover for him? Because IMO, we wont get much better than Louis. And if you mean cover, I cant see an experienced player coming to sit on the bench to cover him,certainly not one who is any better than what we already have. Think that we now have adequote cover in the left back position ( Mcallister,Fontaine,Wilson,Skuse plus the new lad). Would agree with the rest of your suggestions though.

Louis is 32 and only played 28 league games last season. He missed 10 games the two seasons before that as well. I think an experienced centre half (24-26 sort of age) to compete with him now who in the longer term can become the rock at the back to replace him would be an astute signing. That's not to say I don't rate him, and you're right we will struggle to find anybody better. Just long term planning really.

Louis is 32 and only played 28 league games last season. He missed 10 games the two seasons before that as well. I think an experienced centre half (24-26 sort of age) to compete with him now who in the longer term can become the rock at the back to replace him would be an astute signing. That's not to say I don't rate him, and you're right we will struggle to find anybody better. Just long term planning really.

i agree missed a fair few and we missed him badly! but he is a hard man to replece, i thought irekpen sounded and looked ok, never seen enough of him but he is supposeidly really quick..but failed the medical :(

Archived