IGNORED

Brian Wilson Doesn't Tip His Waitresses!

tezOfCity

I heard about the Tipping being added to pretty rubbish pay,

I have always tipped when i've been in a restraunt - with table service and in a taxi, but having read about the pay scam in future i will ask how much of a tip goes to the waitress, so there's some ground for BW to not tip if he's against the whole tipping scheme and didn't ask,

Perhaps he's in the, "I don't tip a bus driver (OK he probably never gets one) so I'm not tipping a waitress whose carried food for me 50 yards" boat ...

I heard about the Tipping being added to pretty rubbish pay,

I have always tipped when i've been in a restraunt - with table service and in a taxi, but having read about the pay scam in future i will ask how much of a tip goes to the waitress, so there's some ground for BW to not tip if he's against the whole tipping scheme and didn't ask,

Perhaps he's in the, "I don't tip a bus driver (OK he probably never gets one) so I'm not tipping a waitress whose carried food for me 50 yards" boat ...

I'd might consider tipping Taxi drivers, if the meter actually started from zero. Some charge you a few quid just for getting in pleasure of getting in! Call that the tip, if you like.

Guest MaloneFM

So where in Bristol would you go and happily tip any of the staff for a great service? Maybe Brian Wilson thought it was a hole?

Browns at the top of Park Street. For one.

The restaurants in cribbs, so fairly nice area with cinema, bowling etc.

But tbh when i posted this i expected a bit of light hearted jokes about B.W bein a cheeky buggar on his wages, but its provoked some proper passionate responses . . . just goes to show how stingy some people in brizzle are! :P

Guest Eamer

When I was in America about six years ago myself, mum and step-dad went out somewhere and they'd automatically put a 17.5% tip on the bill which was quite a shock really. The service was quite bad too so mum kicked up a bit of a fuss about a tip being added on top without even having the option of it. How would people feel here if a tip was added onto the bill automatically?

When I was in America about six years ago myself, mum and step-dad went out somewhere and they'd automatically put a 17.5% tip on the bill which was quite a shock really. The service was quite bad too so mum kicked up a bit of a fuss about a tip being added on top without even having the option of it. How would people feel here if a tip was added onto the bill automatically?

Did mum complain? :noexpression:

Guest Eamer
Did mum complain? :noexpression:

Yes.

isnt 32 a bit old to still be going on holiday with mummy ?

Ummm- I was 15 at the time.

I've just come back from Italy and found in a numbber of places that a 12.5% service charge was automatically put on the bill then the waiters tried to make it very clear that this was nothing to do with tip, and that i was expected to put an additional 10% (at least) on top of this. This was in addition to the cover charge that they had already made me pay. I'd love to know what the service charge was if it wasn't a tip. The service wasnt even very good they treated you like an irritation rather than a customer. Unbelievable!

Archived