IGNORED

Interesting Stuff From Gj.

DaveF

The manager also revealed he had expressed an interest in Manchester United winger Lee Martin, however, the plug was pulled on that deal weeks ago.

"We've agreed terms with [an unnamed player] and he now has to decide whether he wants to come here, or take a lucrative deal from abroad."

Gary Johnson

"The player has been away on holiday but we did have discussions with his representatives," Gary added.

"He's very close with Roy Keane (Ipswich Town manager) and I think he'll end up with him. Their was interest initially from us, but we pulled out very early."

With three signings so far this summer, the City boss said he had agreed terms with one further unnamed player - but is waiting on a final decision.

He said: "We've agreed terms with him and he now has to decide whether he wants to come here, or take a lucrative deal from abroad."

And he continued by revealed two other unnamed players were on standby to come in, but he had the final judgment call.

I guess now we can speculate as to who these three are!!

And he continued by revealed two other unnamed players were on standby to come in, but he had the final judgment call.

!

What the hell does that mean - does he want to sign them or not?!!!!!! Presumably one (Jerome Thomas?) if the McIndoe deal goes through.

What the hell does that mean - does he want to sign them or not?!!!!!! Presumably one (Jerome Thomas?) if the McIndoe deal goes through.

exactly, what the hell are we supposed to read into that comment. bizzare to say the least.

My guess is that the potential players are on high wages and GJ will wait to see if its worth the risk.

Good Guess, and your actually probaly right there mate.We'll wait and see. And why the hell has Jerome Thomas cropped up from nowhere just because he has been released by Pompey?

Oh dear - so that means just one more signing then?! Not very impressed if that's the case.

In the interview he also said probably two more signings.

If so I believe we will sign a left hand sided midfielder and another golf club.

"It's no problem with the swing of the team. Those golf clubs need to create chances for themselves"..

Surprised hes announced about Mcindoe leaving before its happened though, he normally likes to keep transfers private until complete when hes buying so surely the same when selling?

He might have said it to make sure MM takes whatever is offered at Sheffield - eg burn his bridges for him!

He might have said it to make sure MM takes whatever is offered at Sheffield - eg burn his bridges for him!

True, and may mean he has someone better lined up so wants him off the wage bill!!!!

He has talent but perhaps he was a bit to big for his boots at times last year and perhaps a bit disruptive, not good for GJ's close knit dressing room?

True, and may mean he has someone better lined up so wants him off the wage bill!!!!

He has talent but perhaps he was a bit to big for his boots at times last year and perhaps a bit disruptive, not good for GJ's close knit dressing room?

The problem with MM is that he knows how football should be played.

Guest RobbieTurner

It could be that one of them is as part of a swap deal with MM and he has to decide if he wants to take the player in question...?

Shame he can't actually do it. Even if he may think he can.

And he is not afraid to tell it.

A future manager.

Maybe GJ should adopt the Swedish style. A managers main responsibility is to be a good butler keeping the players happy. He also pick the team but that's it.

The players, who actually are the ones who perform, set up the tactics and modify it during games.

It's long away from a corporal tyrant but you can be successfull as well ;)

And he is not afraid to tell it.

A future manager.

Maybe GJ should adopt the Swedish style. A managers main responsibility is to be a good butler keeping the players happy. He also pick the team but that's it.

The players, who actually are the ones who perform, set up the tactics and modify it during games.

It's long away from a corporal tyrant but you can be successfull as well ;)

That'll be why Mcindoe hasn't stayed in one place for very long, telling a guy that has numerous promotions and an excellent managerial career how to do his job. It'll also be why Swedish clubs tear up europe every year with "butler style managers" :rolleyes:

Could depend on players leaving? e.g. A left winger if MM goes?

Or

I heard that Birmingham was talking to us about us having McSheffery?

That'll be why Mcindoe hasn't stayed in one place for very long, telling a guy that has numerous promotions and an excellent managerial career how to do his job. It'll also be why Swedish clubs tear up europe every year with "butler style managers" :rolleyes:

I'm talking about our national team in handball that has been more than successfull. Runners up in Olympics for example. The interesting thing are the one minute breaks of play with the cameras present..

The supreme male is hardly the gray haired middle age man in the excercise yard ;)

When was the last time you beat us at national level by the way? -54?

I'm talking about our national team in handball that has been more than successfull. Runners up in Olympics for example. The interesting thing are the one minute breaks of play with the cameras present..

The supreme male is hardly the gray haired middle age man in the excercise yard ;)

When was the last time you beat us at national level by the way? -54?

I have no idea about handball and possibly only a little more about international football. I seem to remember the last time we failed to beat you we had a swedish "butler" in charge. Also the most successful Swedish club side had an englishman in charge. Maybe you are too young to remember the Malmo side that Bob Houghton managed, Tommy?

I have no idea about handball and possibly only a little more about international football. I seem to remember the last time we failed to beat you we had a swedish "butler" in charge. Also the most successful Swedish club side had an englishman in charge. Maybe you are too young to remember the Malmo side that Bob Houghton managed, Tommy?

At 47 I'm probably older than you hornbeamred and I remember those days very well :)

I'm not saying we are doing it the right way but we can't compete with the big countries without stretching us to the limits and trying to be smarter.

Respect for authoritys is non existing. The reason for managing directors and managers in general is that no one can explain why it's going bad when it's going bad but still something has to be done; sacrificing them for the better times.

Eriksson is the perfect example of a good butler. He is backing his player 100 percent, giving them responsibilty and making them feel confident so that they can perform at their best. But again, when your national teams two leading players, Gerrard and Lampard are missing their penalties like in Portugal, it's little you can do except being sacrificed. But your fault? Hardly.

As a good butler your'e not an VIP. When Phil Brown made his degree he choosed to practise with the Swedish national team. He arrived on the same day we had a very important qualification game. Still he was taken care of on the day by the Swedish manager. The reason was; "Because it's important". Brown told the story himself.

Would that happen with a corporal in charge? Hardly.

Men like Howard Wilkinson and Stuart Pearce is not the way forward for English football.

In my opinion a good manager should act as chair of the board giving the supreme male room to act as managing director. GJ should encourage MM:s ambition.

At 47 I'm probably older than you hornbeamred and I remember those days very well :)

I'm not saying we are doing it the right way but we can't compete with the big countries without stretching us to the limits and trying to be smarter.

Respect for authoritys is non existing. The reason for managing directors and managers in general is that no one can explain why it's going bad when it's going bad but still something has to be done; sacrificing them for the better times.

Eriksson is the perfect example of a good butler. He is backing his player 100 percent, giving them responsibilty and making them feel confident so that they can perform at their best. But again, when your national teams two leading players, Gerrard and Lampard are missing their penalties like in Portugal, it's little you can do except being sacrificed. But your fault? Hardly.

As a good butler your'e not an VIP. When Phil Brown made his degree he choosed to practise with the Swedish national team. He arrived on the same day we had a very important qualification game. Still he was taken care of on the day by the Swedish manager. The reason was; "Because it's important". Brown told the story himself.

Would that happen with a corporal in charge? Hardly.

Men like Howard Wilkinson and Stuart Pearce is not the way forward for English football.

GJ should encourage MM:s ambition.

What the hell has that got to do with McIndoe being a winger and spending all game sat on the centre spot?

The "problem" with MM is that he understands how football should be played and is not afraid of telling it.

Yes he is a good footballer (One of the best wingers in the champ no doubt) but hes an arrogant, irritating, mouthy, egotistic trouble maker.

The fact he isnt liked at any of his old clubs tells a story itself...

Manager of the future? Not a chance

Yes he is a good footballer (One of the best wingers in the champ no doubt) but hes an arrogant, irritating, mouthy, egotistic trouble maker.

The fact he isnt liked at any of his old clubs tells a story itself...

Manager of the future? Not a chance

Think that says it all about the "corporals".

What do you think Nelson Mandela would say to McIndoe? Piss off to Sheffield?

Archived