IGNORED

Interesting Stuff From Gj.

DaveF

The "problem" with MM is that he understands how football should be played and is not afraid of telling it.

The main problem with MM is that he likes a nice juicy signing on fee every couple of seasons and as a result tends to move around a lot.

Contrary to some opinion on here I think he is a very good player that works very hard for the team but at the same time he is not a Ronaldo type player and can/will be replaced.

At 47 I'm probably older than you hornbeamred and I remember those days very well :)

I'm not saying we are doing it the right way but we can't compete with the big countries without stretching us to the limits and trying to be smarter.

Respect for authoritys is non existing. The reason for managing directors and managers in general is that no one can explain why it's going bad when it's going bad but still something has to be done; sacrificing them for the better times.

Eriksson is the perfect example of a good butler. He is backing his player 100 percent, giving them responsibilty and making them feel confident so that they can perform at their best. But again, when your national teams two leading players, Gerrard and Lampard are missing their penalties like in Portugal, it's little you can do except being sacrificed. But your fault? Hardly.

As a good butler your'e not an VIP. When Phil Brown made his degree he choosed to practise with the Swedish national team. He arrived on the same day we had a very important qualification game. Still he was taken care of on the day by the Swedish manager. The reason was; "Because it's important". Brown told the story himself.

Would that happen with a corporal in charge? Hardly.

Men like Howard Wilkinson and Stuart Pearce is not the way forward for English football.

In my opinion a good manager should act as chair of the board giving the supreme male room to act as managing director. GJ should encourage MM:s ambition.

We are the same age Tommy.

We differ on our view of what makes a good manager though. I don't believe there is a right way to do it, there is the way that works. Whether it is Arsene Wenger softly softly approach or Fergies hairdryer.

Often it is about a combination of people at the club, the coaching team or, as we have found, finding the right team spirit.

Getting back to McIndoe though, he might make a good businessman rather than a good manager. As I understand it he already makes more outside of football than in it.

What I don't understand is that the same people who are praising McIndoe, who GJ brought to the club, are now doubting GJ's ability to find us a player of equal or better quality.

We are the same age Tommy.

We differ on our view of what makes a good manager though. I don't believe there is a right way to do it, there is the way that works. Whether it is Arsene Wenger softly softly approach or Fergies hairdryer.

Often it is about a combination of people at the club, the coaching team or, as we have found, finding the right team spirit.

Getting back to McIndoe though, he might make a good businessman rather than a good manager. As I understand it he already makes more outside of football than in it.

What I don't understand is that the same people who are praising McIndoe, who GJ brought to the club, are now doubting GJ's ability to find us a player of equal or better quality.

As for your last sentence; a chain is never stronger than it's weakest link. We have more important positions to adress. "Probably two more players coming in" & MM leaving makes it less likely we will do that.

Cheers

Tommy

Yes he is a good footballer (One of the best wingers in the champ no doubt) but hes an arrogant, irritating, mouthy, egotistic trouble maker.

The fact he isnt liked at any of his old clubs tells a story itself...

Manager of the future? Not a chance

You never know, Brian Clough had all those qualitys that you mention :rolleyes:

Archived