IGNORED

Sheffield Star

keynshamred

just read in the sheffield star tha johnson is waiting on a players decision on a swap deal involving mccindoe. I wonder who this is- maybe cotteril?

Just read the bit on SS website, I got the feeling from that there was a swap deal in the offing.

Cotterill could make sense, or maybe it's one of the Quinn brothers, they are attacking midfielders, that might make a little more sense perhaps?

I doubht very much its Cotterall looked good for them last year and they have only recentlyish signed him for reasonably big money...

I just read the article and i think there just putting two and two together and assuming just beacuse GJ has said a player is close to signing it must be a trade... Just thinks its Lazy journalism again to be honest.

Danny Webber? is he stil lthere...or did his contract expire?

Expired - but that could make sense too! Read somewhere the other day that he was considering offers from abroad, although it couldn't be classed as a swap if he isn't under contract.......

from FANS FC.COM:-

Michael McIndoe is on his way back to South Yorkshire.

Sheffield United have had a bid accepted by Bristol City for the 29-year-old former Doncaster Rovers man.

City boss Gary Johnson told the club website: "I expect the deal will go through in the next couple of days."

NOTHING ABOUT A SWAP THERE.

hopefully billy sharp.

i'll have some of that.

only problem now is that we have 2 forwards already in Clarkson and Maynard who are similar to Sharp, we don't have the "target man" figure anymore not dele left, unless we stick mccombe up front

Guest churchill gaffer
just read in the sheffield star tha johnson is waiting on a players decision on a swap deal involving mccindoe. I wonder who this is- maybe cotteril?

It better not be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

I doubht very much its Cotterall looked good for them last year and they have only recentlyish signed him for reasonably big money...

I just read the article and i think there just putting two and two together and assuming just beacuse GJ has said a player is close to signing it must be a trade... Just thinks its Lazy journalism again to be honest.

Think i agree with that, the trade bit seems to have just been added to the article, GJ said hes waiting for 1 player to decide but said nothing about a trade in his interview

If it's a player for another position then fine, but we'll need a new left winger.

If it's a like-for-like swap can anyone see Sheff Utd giving us the better part of the deal? I'd hate for us to be swapping McIndoe for one of their rejects.

Expired - but that could make sense too! Read somewhere the other day that he was considering offers from abroad, although it couldn't be classed as a swap if he isn't under contract.......

That just could be the man in light of what Johnson said on the OS about the target considering lucrative offers from abroad.

Not a swap no, but someone coming in the other direction maybe.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5410640,00.html

Well Sky Sports confirm (above) that they (United) have signed Kyel Reid and with McIndoe apparently on his way you do wonder where this would leave Cotterill.

If we could get a decent fee plus ( :rolleyes: )Cotterill for McIndoe I would go from disappointed to overjoyed in an instant over this deal.

If we could get a decent fee plus Cotterill for McIndoe I would go from disappointed to overjoyed in an instant over this deal.

So we'd swap a 30 year old player who's good in the Championship but no better for one in his early 20s who's played a number of games in the Premier League... and they'd pay us? I'd take that in a flash!

Ha ha, fair point to both of the above.

Must be these hot summer days . . . . .

The McIndoe rumour flashed up last week I believe which would surely imply they were chasing him rather than we were chasing Cotterill.

Would be a slightly strange turn of events surely for them to approach us over Michael and our response be a cash plus player (Cotterill) proposal?

I know GJ rarely if ever explain why players go that we would expect or hope to stay [well me for one] but can anybody shed some light on why he looks to be off??

OK so he faded a bit last season but in the few games i managed to get back for i thought he ran the most, chased the most and gave it his all. Maybe another GJ fall out??

I know GJ rarely if ever explain why players go that we would expect or hope to stay [well me for one] but can anybody shed some light on why he looks to be off??

OK so he faded a bit last season but in the few games i managed to get back for i thought he ran the most, chased the most and gave it his all. Maybe another GJ fall out??

macca = journeyman. maybe one last chance at the prem with Blades? We might be a few years away from challenging for promotion again so he's off. IMO.

macca = journeyman. maybe one last chance at the prem with Blades? We might be a few years away from challenging for promotion again so he's off. IMO.

the journeyman or itchy feet remark may very well be especially as it really is a roll of the dice on the prem chances with sheff utd... i do not think they will be any better or worse than us this new season. In fact, the very idea that their gaffer was thinking of quitting in itself must leave a small sense of instability. i reckon its a clash again with GJ.

Archived