IGNORED

Sheffield Star

keynshamred

• Admin
That's the name that came to my mind as soon as the rumour of a swap came up.

Not that I think it's particularly feasible, just that he's the one I'd like to see here.

....and didn't GJ reveal (or at least heavily hint) in one of his previous interviews that we'd been in for Howard before?

As for Cotterill, if people are looking for reasons why Sheffield might let him go then surely the straw-clutching example is that having heard of our interest in re-signing him, Cotts immediately asked for a transfer as he hadn't settled oop north?

Love him here, experienced, creative midfielder that scores goals. Isnt that what everybodys been saying we need?

Doubt it's Howard. Kevin Blackwell put a lot of time and effort into signing him for Sheff United, and only finally got him last October.

So it would be a surprise to let him leave so quickly.

Doubt it's Howard. Kevin Blackwell put a lot of time and effort into signing him for Sheff United, and only finally got him last October.

So it would be a surprise to let him leave so quickly.

We had Carle for less time.

Guest Eamer
So has it been established/confirmed/not denied that there is infact a swap from any reputable source?

Add "if it's" in there then if it'll make you happier.

What the hell is going on at the gate all the senior pros going and not really much to get us excited about coming in Macca will be missed

I don't think he will be missed drifted in midfield to much last season and GJ will bring some one else in now worrys bout that

Carney is a very good player, and if involved in the swap deal is good business if he gets regular games under his belt. He can play left back or wing, but have also seen him do well on the right. Aussie's rave about him - although reckon he's a tad big headed, there is a feeling he has been treated badly at Sheff Utd.

So we'd swap a 30 year old player who's good in the Championship but no better for one in his early 20s who's played a number of games in the Premier League... and they'd pay us? I'd take that in a flash!

Maybe it's one of those deals based on writing off outstanding instalment payments, like with Murray. Okay in this case it would involve an extra club, i.e. us writing off Wigan payments on the basis they write off Sheff Utd payments, and we then give Sheff Utd McIndoe - saving them money and giving them a player, in a round about way equates to Cotterill's worth.

Just a thought - that often seems to be the general format when clubs are able to re-sign quality expensive departures. If not, I'm wondering if it's that long haired Irish midfielder who went up there from Watford. He scored against us and looks like he has GJ's work and team ethic.

i would be over the moon if we got cotts back but failing that theres a great left winger who plays for oldham i cant think of his name off the top of my head but he got some great reviews last season and might be worth looking at

Maybe it's one of those deals based on writing off outstanding instalment payments, like with Murray. Okay in this case it would involve an extra club, i.e. us writing off Wigan payments on the basis they write off Sheff Utd payments, and we then give Sheff Utd McIndoe - saving them money and giving them a player, in a round about way equates to Cotterill's worth.

Just a thought - that often seems to be the general format when clubs are able to re-sign quality expensive departures. If not, I'm wondering if it's that long haired Irish midfielder who went up there from Watford. He scored against us and looks like he has GJ's work and team ethic.

Interesting suggestion. Personally I like the idea of us paying a fee and giving them McIndoe because it suggests that we're the ambitious buying club and getting the better end of the deal.

Is the Irish midfielder you mention John-Joe O'Toole? I'd be delighted if we signed him, he's looked brilliant every time I've seen him play. Any one of him, Cotterill or Howard would be an improvement on McIndoe.

i would be over the moon if we got cotts back but failing that theres a great left winger who plays for oldham i cant think of his name off the top of my head but he got some great reviews last season and might be worth looking at

Chris Taylor is it?? Pretty certain he signed a new contract up there after Peterborough showed an interest.

Archived