IGNORED

Makes I Laaaaaf!

ooRya

Firstly, let me say that I wish I had a "source" within the club....but I don't.

At the same time though, I'm very glad that I don't! Those "in the know" have tantalised the rest of us all through the close season so far with tit-bits and names of who are on their way - no doubt enjoying their 5 minutes of fame - but as far as I can tell, no-one actually predicted the 3 that we have signed so far. Strange that.

Not having a pop fellas, but it seems pretty clear that in reality you are in the same boat as the rest of us......it's only happening when it's officially announced.

But hey, one of the names being bandied about could still happen yet and then you can come on and give me what for, but anyway, keep em coming as it brightens the period without football!

Guest RobbieTurner
Firstly, let me say that I wish I had a "source" within the club....but I don't.

At the same time though, I'm very glad that I don't! Those "in the know" have tantalised the rest of us all through the close season so far with tit-bits and names of who are on their way - no doubt enjoying their 5 minutes of fame - but as far as I can tell, no-one actually predicted the 3 that we have signed so far. Strange that.

Not having a pop fellas, but it seems pretty clear that in reality you are in the same boat as the rest of us......it's only happening when it's officially announced.

But hey, one of the names being bandied about could still happen yet and then you can come on and give me what for, but anyway, keep em coming as it brightens the period without football!

I'll lay claim that i would have got 1 right if my mate would have remembered his name (Andre Blackman) - he told me about 4 weeks ago that the deal was done....but 'couldn't remember his name and I quote "some left sided player, young kid from pompey"'....

Cheers then !!!?

I must admit I would love to have a source but sadly I don't.

Live in the same area as Steve Lansdown but sadly never see him. In fact I even have to go across the downs and down whiteladies road to work in the morning but still never see him, aparently he walks to work on exactly the same route.

Now if I could arange a car share with him, then I would be in the know and have a fantastic source...

I'll lay claim that i would have got 1 right if my mate would have remembered his name (Andre Blackman) - he told me about 4 weeks ago that the deal was done....but 'couldn't remember his name and I quote "some left sided player, young kid from pompey"'....

Cheers then !!!?

But didn't. :innocent06:

Lets not be too hard on these people. They are trying to share information they have heard with us.

If we slate people for it, it will scare people off from sharing, and sometimes those that share have real info.

:rofl2br:

yea i no it's soooooooooooooo funny even with red mats list of a 100 didn't get these

Guest RobbieTurner
But didn't. :innocent06:

and probably unlikely to again given that he went on a few weeks later to say we were persuing Lita.... :tumbleweed:

and probably unlikely to again given that he went on a few weeks later to say we were persuing Lita.... :tumbleweed:

Yeah, got your fingers burnt with that one didn't you!

Don't let it put you off though mate, I might be having a laugh at your expense but I'm still on here every day looking to see who might know something! :surrender:

Cryptic sod! :grr:

Going off topic Cider Head, I used to be registered on Ziderhead but have sinced changed computer and email, and have no idea what my log in details were....how do I get back on?

you won't find nothing on there :tongue: :tongue:

pm me your email and i'll have a look :farmer:

:rofl2br:

yea i no it's soooooooooooooo funny even with red mats list of a 100 didn't get these

Alright, alright...

To be fair, my list was about trying to do exactly what this thread is about - I was drawing together all of the rumours and suggestions we'd heard over the summer to see how many, or whether any, of them came true.

As we know, so far none of them have.

Which just goes to show how close to their chests the club have played it this summer. Has this worked? Nobody can say. Because the players who haven't been mentioned, have signed. And the players that have been mentioned, so far, haven't signed.

Now I'm not necessarily suggesting our gossip about the likes of Lee Martin and Andrew Surman has swayed them against signing for us, but perhaps our gossip has needlessly raised expectations amongst fans which in turn breeds the doubt and insecurities we're seeing from a lot of people who are now going: "I've never heard of these three players. They can't be any good. Where are the ex-Premier League players and stars that we were told were coming?!"

Just a thought.

I must admit I would love to have a source but sadly I don't.

Live in the same area as Steve Lansdown but sadly never see him. In fact I even have to go across the downs and down whiteladies road to work in the morning but still never see him, aparently he walks to work on exactly the same route.

Now if I could arange a car share with him, then I would be in the know and have a fantastic source...

Is our very own Steve Lansdown in the Ant Hill Mob? If so, he has to be Clyde surely?

You're just going to have to prove that with the next one! ;)

What you may or may not realise Oorya, is that from time to time the club make contact with the moderators of OTIB, and ask politely to make sure that a players name doesn't appear on here. If a poster then puts up a posts with that players name in, then the moderating team may delete the post and send a polite email to the poster to explain why.

It has happened to me before - and I'm sure that it has happened to many others on here as well - so just because you didn't see Clarkson, Gerken and Blackman's names appear in topics - doesn't mean that somebody on here didn't post or know about it.... :innocent06:

What you may or may not realise Oorya, is that from time to time the club make contact with the moderators of OTIB, and ask politely to make sure that a players name doesn't appear on here. If a poster then puts up a posts with that players name in, then the moderating team may delete the post and send a polite email to the poster to explain why.

It has happened to me before - and I'm sure that it has happened to many others on here as well - so just because you didn't see Clarkson, Gerken and Blackman's names appear in topics - doesn't mean that somebody on here didn't post or know about it.... :innocent06:

Are you intimating that GJ actually reads some of this stuff?

Are you intimating that GJ actually reads some of this stuff?

I have absolutely no idea(although he has said about too many Championship Managers(PC game) before.

My contact was with a mod who had been contacted by someone within the club(probably Adam Baker)

No disrespect to anyone, but it's just as well that I'm not a moderator on here, as I know that I would tell the club to get stuffed if they tried to censor this forum!

Besides, there are other forums where people make claims to be "in the know", and they have all missed the mark so far, so maybe the club doesn't need to concern itself with what is said on here anyway.

No disrespect to anyone, but it's just as well that I'm not a moderator on here, as I know that I would tell the club to get stuffed if they tried to censor this forum!

So if a name appeared on here and scuppered a deal, that would be okay?

If the club do it in order to secure a deal, then I'm all for it.

Censorship exists on ALL public forums i.e. racist/sexist/handicap abuse. Don't think that the club were trying to censor this board, but as Riaz says, OTHER people read this forum - especially journalists - and if they do a bit of research they could put 2 + 2 together and realise that the "rumour" was correct. So if a couple of posters get censored to ensure the improvement of BCFC - so bloody be it!!.

Besides, there are other forums where people make claims to be "in the know", and they have all missed the mark so far, so maybe the club doesn't need to concern itself with what is said on here anyway.

try Ziderheads mate - all three names have been on there for WEEKS!! :noexpression:

So if a name appeared on here and scuppered a deal, that would be okay?

If the club do it in order to secure a deal, then I'm all for it.

I understand where you're coming from Riaz, but I cannot agree with you.

If it was to happen that a deal was ruined because of a name appearing on here (a pretty big assumption I must add), then that is something that everyone would just have to live with, and maybe the next time someone had a name to drop they would have second thoughts. But for the club to put pressure on an independant forum is just plain wrong IMO.

I understand where you're coming from Riaz, but I cannot agree with you.

If it was to happen that a deal was ruined because of a name appearing on here (a pretty big assumption I must add), then that is something that everyone would just have to live with, and maybe the next time someone had a name to drop they would have second thoughts. But for the club to put pressure on an independant forum is just plain wrong IMO.

As soon as a name appears on here its public... very often a name on here appears in various websites and usually the evening post in the following days......

Its not a big assumption, its the reality of the situation

Archived