IGNORED

Makes I Laaaaaf!

ooRya

What you may or may not realise Oorya, is that from time to time the club make contact with the moderators of OTIB, and ask politely to make sure that a players name doesn't appear on here. If a poster then puts up a posts with that players name in, then the moderating team may delete the post and send a polite email to the poster to explain why.

It has happened to me before - and I'm sure that it has happened to many others on here as well - so just because you didn't see Clarkson, Gerken and Blackman's names appear in topics - doesn't mean that somebody on here didn't post or know about it.... :innocent06:

So on that basis, anyone mentioned on Red Mat's list is a definate no no. Can we get the mods to change that thread title to something like "These names will not be joining us!" :innocent06:

As soon as a name appears on here its public... very often a name on here appears in various websites and usually the evening post in the following days......

Its not a big assumption, its the reality of the situation

If someone wants to pass on something that they "know", and they are stopped from doing it on here then they will just go somewhere else to do it, so the name will become public anyway. So yes, I think it is a big assumption to say that by censoring this particular forum it will stop deals from going belly-up.

So on that basis, anyone mentioned on Red Mat's list is a definate no no. Can we get the mods to change that thread title to something like "These names will not be joining us!" :innocent06:

Well, I know of 3 players on Red Mat's list that we made bids for - but for some reason, in this instance, the club, or the mods have decided not to censor the forum.

Guest RobbieTurner
Well, I know of 3 players on Red Mat's list that we made bids for - but for some reason, in this instance, the club, or the mods have decided not to censor the forum.

who are tey easton boy ?

What you may or may not realise Oorya, is that from time to time the club make contact with the moderators of OTIB, and ask politely to make sure that a players name doesn't appear on here. If a poster then puts up a posts with that players name in, then the moderating team may delete the post and send a polite email to the poster to explain why.

It has happened to me before - and I'm sure that it has happened to many others on here as well - so just because you didn't see Clarkson, Gerken and Blackman's names appear in topics - doesn't mean that somebody on here didn't post or know about it.... :innocent06:

There was a post about a foreign player on here earlier today that isn't showing any more.....I guess that means it's real then.

No disrespect to anyone, but it's just as well that I'm not a moderator on here, as I know that I would tell the club to get stuffed if they tried to censor this forum!

The club shouldn't be allowed to censor what is a free forum surely?

Big brother is watching . . . . . . .

The club shouldn't be allowed to censor what is a free forum surely?

Big brother is watching . . . . . . .

They aren't 'allowed' as such. However, if they request that sensitive information is removed, we will look at it and make a decision. Similarly, you could ask for something to be removed and we'd look at that too.

Bear in mind that this forum is paid for by the Trust, who have a very good working relationship with the club and it is in all our interests to maintain that relationship where we can. If that means removing something from the board very occasionally at the club's request, so be it.

We all want what's best for the club, so if we're asked to do something for the benefit of Bristol City, I don't really see why we wouldn't do it.

It really is very rare for us to be asked, so don't have nightmares.

Archived