IGNORED

Gj Realization

gater2

This Macca news has very much surprised me, and has made me wonder whether it was GJ's intention to have a bit more of a shake up than anticipated. With quite a few players in and around the first team moving on (Dele, Macca, Noble, Murray, Jennison M-W, Weale, Stern John, Izzy), I know it's not quite the very heart of the team, but you do wonder whether GJ realized towards the end of last season this group of players as a whole couldn't take us any further. It would be interesting to see how hard GJ fought to keep Macca.. Here's to hoping we can bring in the necessary replacements who can breathe a bit of life into what it seems GJ thought was a predictable and slightly complacent squad.

Will there be any more high profile exits?

This Macca news has very much surprised me, and has made me wonder whether it was GJ's intention to have a bit more of a shake up than anticipated. With quite a few players in and around the first team moving on (Dele, Macca, Noble, Murray, Jennison M-W, Weale, Stern John, Izzy), I know it's not quite the very heart of the team, but you do wonder whether GJ realized towards the end of last season this group of players as a whole couldn't take us any further. It would be interesting to see how hard GJ fought to keep Macca.. Here's to hoping we can bring in the necessary replacements who can breathe a bit of life into what it seems GJ thought was a predictable and slightly complacent squad.

Well, alot of people on here were getting frustrated with gary being loyal to "this group of players"

But now, when it seems he's having a shake up as you have said, people are panicking. Damned if he does and damned if he don't!

But gary does seem to be putting alot of faith into the younger players and I think it will eventually pay-off.

why??????? with his track record and the fact he only had one year left on his current deal it was fairly predictable he would go. come on, after some of his comments last season he was hardly going to resign for us given that our squad obviously wasnt full of the same standard of player as himself (in his opinion anyway).

very predictable i feel. I'm not surprised at all.

spot on riaz i can remember reading a few months back that we were stale and needed a major overhaul if we were going to improve for the future now it's happening it's like the world is going to end people need to chill out and wait to see what our starting 11 is like against preston before getting the sharp knives out

We have to accept players come and go, I'm more excited about Clarkson joining that I am upset about McIndoe leaving.

I like it this way, so long as we keep our best players, Elliot, Basso, Carey, Fonts, Skuse, Johnson I don't care. Let GJ and SL develop the club how they see fit, I'll go along with whatever happens.

Last seasons squad was in simple terms not good enough and many fans were expecting an overhaul of the squad during this close season. Thats what we are on the way to getting.

Change was needed and I'm glad to see Johnson going about doing just that.

Only time will tell if he's got it right and we are still waiting for a midfielder....... :noexpression:

For me, personally, the McIndoe departure overshadows the otherwise good work we had done in recruiting.

Although he didnt have a great season last time around and he clearly has somewhat of an ego, he is a proven Championship performer and his productivity will be missed.

Clearly the transfer window is little over a day old so it is far too soon to be overtly negative, however I very much doubt that we'll start the first game of next season with a more accomplished player than McIndoe on the left and that for me is a concern.

For me, personally, the McIndoe departure overshadows the otherwise good work we had done in recruiting.

Although he didnt have a great season last time around and he clearly has somewhat of an ego, he is a proven Championship performer and his productivity will be missed.

Clearly the transfer window is little over a day old so it is far too soon to be overtly negative, however I very much doubt that we'll start the first game of next season with a more accomplished player than McIndoe on the left and that for me is a concern.

I agree. But unlike some posters feel it's a case of MM leaving us rather than him being shown the door by GJ. Early days still, and there's a long way before a ball is kicked in anger yet.

We have to accept players come and go, I'm more excited about Clarkson joining that I am upset about McIndoe leaving.

I like it this way, so long as we keep our best players, Elliot, Basso, Carey, Fonts, Skuse, Johnson I don't care. Let GJ and SL develop the club how they see fit, I'll go along with whatever happens.

If Johnson is one of our best players then God help us.

I agree. But unlike some posters feel it's a case of MM leaving us rather than him being shown the door by GJ.

totally agree with this, i believe GJ would have kept him had he wanted to stay but would have had to accept we would have got nothing for him next year when his contract runs out so probably thought best to get something now for him. I think i am right in saying that the longest he has ever stayed at a club is 3 years (Yeovil) and he has had about 8 clubs so to get 2 years from him is about average.

The success of any shake-up relies on better players coming in, though, and at this stage we have to rely on faith in GJ.

There is plenty of time yet for better players to come in but as things stand we are down two first team players and up by just one, on a squad that was looking thin as it was.

I still have faith but at the moment it's nothing more than that and some people quite understandably prefer evidence. We shall see come August.

Archived