IGNORED

Let's Start A Rumour

Southport Red

OK, so it occurs to me that I am spending WAYY too much time on the forum at present reading rumours about who we might be signing.

Because I am an inherently sad individual, I enjoy the rumours MORE than some of the real news so if there are others out there as sad as me I thought we could entertain ourselves. SO, let's start a "City are going to sign" rumour thread along the lines of footballrumours.co.uk with the notable exception that no one actually even for a minute believes what they are posting (if one actually comes true that would be VERY wierd!). The posting does not have to be someone you want us to sign, this is just a form of (very mild) entertainment. So, please complete the following sentence:

Bristol City, the English Fizzy Pop League team are poised to sign ....

Hear were looking at Jerome mcfaddy from Mangotsfield, hes a 33year old left winger who loves running and swimming and is always first to arrive for training, think this could be a Johnson type player as he has 3 kids and his eldest plays for the mangos under 18s

OK, so it occurs to me that I am spending WAYY too much time on the forum at present reading rumours about who we might be signing.

Because I am an inherently sad individual, I enjoy the rumours MORE than some of the real news so if there are others out there as sad as me I thought we could entertain ourselves. SO, let's start a "City are going to sign" rumour thread along the lines of footballrumours.co.uk with the notable exception that no one actually even for a minute believes what they are posting (if one actually comes true that would be VERY wierd!). The posting does not have to be someone you want us to sign, this is just a form of (very mild) entertainment. So, please complete the following sentence:

Bristol City, the English Fizzy Pop League team are poised to sign ....

Bristol City, the English Fizzy Pop League team are poised to sign .... My Dad. He lives in Hertforshire and has been making a number of unexplained visits to Bristol recently. Mum thinks he's seeing his sister in Clifton but one of my mates saw his car outside Ashton Gate the other day and on closer inspection caught my old man walking out the club shop carrying a plastic bag.

Apparently he went to Ipswich last week to see his best mate but when he got back he phoned me to tell me that Ipswich Town were in the hunt for a potential City signing. This 'guy' was from the west country but spent some time in Manchester ( dad went to Manchester Uni ).

Now maybe I'm jumping the gun here but Ipswich is closer to Hertfordshire, he was seen in Bristol and phoned me from Ipswich, he lived in Manchester for years and he's from the west country.

Hope that puts the whole Lee Martin thing to bed.

You would be much better off looking here: http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

Thanks Gaz, but ummm...

I actually mentioned that site in my post (OK got the URL wrong) but I thought it would be a laugh to have a rumours thread where no-one had to worry about sources, whether it was true or not etc. I thought it might brighten up everyone's Friday just a little bit and stop some posters from having to go to the trouble of dissing players atthe very momentthat they sign for us (we should try it).

PLUS, when Malone's medication wears off, he may make a humourous contribution (he'll try anything once)

Bristol City of the fizzy pop league are poised to make a sensational swoop for US singing star Michael Jackson as Director - Football (Half-Time Entertainment) , provided the King of Pop passes a stringent medical, scheduled for later today at Ashton Gate

Thanks Gaz, but ummm...

I actually mentioned that site in my post (OK got the URL wrong) but I thought it would be a laugh to have a rumours thread where no-one had to worry about sources, whether it was true or not etc. I thought it might brighten up everyone's Friday just a little bit and stop some posters from having to go to the trouble of dissing players atthe very momentthat they sign for us (we should try it).

PLUS, when Malone's medication wears off, he may make a humourous contribution (he'll try anything once)

Bristol City of the fizzy pop league are poised to make a sensational swoop for US singing star Michael Jackson as Director - Football (Half-Time Entertainment) , provided the King of Pop passes a stringent medical, scheduled for later today at Ashton Gate

Sorry, overlooked the mention of that site in your post. Uncle Rog will be getting bed bathed by his team of foxy nurses right now and should be on shortly once he has had his meds.

Dear Southport, you could always join me on my Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink thread. No rumour, no hearsay just I have always liked the name. But then again most of the rumours on here have just as little substance.

Not so sure if I would want to be Mrs Vennegoor of Hesselink mind you, it must be a right pain filling out forms!

It's a tall story but...

Peter Crouch.

Apparently, Andre Blackman has convinced Crouch that his future belongs in the West Country. Portsmouth are desperate to trim wage bill.

We need a target man up front.

I can't reveal my source but let's just say that a very tall man was seen in Cribbs Causeway at the weekend.

It's a tall story but...

Peter Crouch.

Apparently, Andre Blackman has convinced Crouch that his future belongs in the West Country. Portsmouth are desperate to trim wage bill.

I can't reveal my source but let's just say that a very tall man was seen in Cribbs Causeway at the weekend.

We shouldn't sign Couch - Opposition defenders would just sit on him...

I'll get me coat

It's a tall story but...

Peter Crouch.

Interestingly I saw a bloke that looked very similar to Crouchie walking down Park St earlier on today.

There's some guy named Stern John available. He's out of contract at Southampton, but, according to Sky Sports, continues to train with them. This sounds the keen sort of forward City are looking for.

I sort of have a source in that I know a guy who knows a girl whose cousin is dating a certain player whom Bristol have been apparnatly watching - Helgi Danielsson, an Icelandic international, a defemsive midfielder, currnetly playing in the top league in Sweden as far as i am aware. Not sure whther he would be a good signing or not, hes certainly a good player - not sure if he would be right for city though. Have tried to look him up on google but its all greek to me! (or swedish)

Guest MaloneFM

You cheeky little bastard! Who are you again so I can send Mustang St Phillips my personal legbreaker round to give you a SUCH a pinch.

Anyway Michael Jackson died of cancer. It was a defective cell from his Protestant fathers side.

It's the 'Billy' gene EH? EH? EH? COME ON LOVE CHEER UP! MIGHT NEVER HAPPEN EH? EH? :laugh:

Sod off then....MUSTANG!

Ronnie Corbett has today denied rumours that he is to come out of retirement to reprise his role of Charley Farley.

However informed sources observed that the upfront pairing of Farley with "Piggy" Malone (FM stands for Front Man)would sneak under the radar of opposition defences - with Farley being 4' 11" and both moving too slowly to be observed.

Boss Gazza is also believed to favour a strategy of reducing the average height of the team to 5' 3" so that his leading midfielder will no longer stand out like a sore Tom Thumb.

Farley's Rusk connections are also believed to offer fantastic cross selling opportunities, with massive recruitment of new fans in the 6-12 month age bracket.

Archived