IGNORED

Well Done Gj

garlicbread

Looking great, very young team with a player who has played in the Champions League and won titles in Scotland sitting in the middle.

Top marks to GJ and even more to Steve Landsdown, probably our best Chairman in living memory (my 27years at least!!)

Lots of signings - I'm sure at least one will be a right duffer, but inevitably there will be a diamond in the rough...

I'm liking the look of the squad - plenty of youthful exuberance underpinned with experience. GJ is definitely building a team which could possibly come into fruition next season... (10-11 season)

Why are people putting Blackman in their first choice 11??

He's clearly been picked up as a squad player, as cover for Mcallister, after Fontaine having to fill in at left back last season.

Probably because very few seem to have faith in McCallister anymore in this league. He for me has been a weak link for a while and the prospect of even someone with potential in that position might seem a better option.

Probably because very few seem to have faith in McCallister anymore in this league. He for me has been a weak link for a while and the prospect of even someone with potential in that position might seem a better option.

I disagree. He is prone to the odd errror or concentration lapse (as is anyone,) but overall i think he's a decent standard LB in this league and is generally quite reliable.

Well done GJ.. but more importantly, thank you SL and co for continuing to support Gary :thumbsup:

very good point tommy - everyone is quick to give GJ all the plaudits and maybe correctly so but lets get to the pure fact of the matter and all of our recent success and soon to be actualization is down to SL, good man proud to have a proper chairman

I think the Team tommorow could be.........

.........BASSO

Orr............Carey.........Nantayo.............Fonts

..........Ermenko

.Hartley.Elliot........

Haines.Clarkson..Maynard

Subs....From

Mccindoe

Riberio

Akinde

Johnson

Skuse

Sproule

Wilson

Maccalister

Gerken

I disagree. He is prone to the odd errror or concentration lapse (as is anyone,) but overall i think he's a decent standard LB in this league and is generally quite reliable.

I'm not saying that everyone doesn't rate him- but I suspect a lot don't after last seasons performances.

x2 on the well done to SL and GJ for their improving the squad this summer, by my reckoning, we have spent about 1.6 million on clarkson haynes and nytanga, in harsh economic conditions, and I expect that a few quid will be available for a big striker before the season starts. I think it is now the case that any poor performances will see our boys being replaced pretty sharpish. This is the strongest squad I can remember us having in about 25 years.

I'm not saying that everyone doesn't rate him- but I suspect a lot don't after last seasons performances.

If we think hard enough, most of the team were prone to 'lapses in concentration' last season. McIndoe, Johnson, (IMO)Sproule and yes, Mcallister (to name but a few) spring to mind.

I have a feeling Johnson's going to go with the in fashion 4-2-3-1 formation next season:

--------------------Basso----------------------------

Orr------Carey--------Fontaine---------McAllister

-----------Elliott----------Johnson------------------

---Haynes---------Hartley------------McIndoe----

--------------------Clarkson------------------------

Not saying I agree with it but I just have this sneaky feeling that is what he has in mind.

If we think hard enough, most of the team were prone to 'lapses in concentration' last season. McIndoe, Johnson, (IMO)Sproule and yes, Mcallister (to name but a few) spring to mind.

Every player is. But I still feel McCallister is liable for a considerable amount more making him the weak link. And I won't even bother starting on LJ- has been done a million times etc.

Archived