IGNORED

Shambles Tonight

leylandsroad

tonight was shambolic. Not a single tackle in midfield, Maynard up top all alone, Clarkson wide left, what is that all about ?

The new keeper can't kick and looked shite, not a patch on Chris Weale.

Ok they looked bloody brilliant but the AREN'T...........

If we don't get a wide left and a target man asap we may as well look forward to a season of struggle.

Yes this is doom and gloom but tonight really was shite and should have been 10-0 but for woeful finishing.

tonight was shambolic. Not a single tackle in midfield, Maynard up top all alone, Clarkson wide left, what is that all about ?

If we don't get a wide left and a target man asap we may as well look forward to a season of struggle.

Yes this is doom and gloom but tonight really was shite and should have been 10-0 but for woeful finishing.

**** season over then :disapointed2se:

It was a friendly, trialist, new players, new formation what did you think was going to happen? Give it time.

Tonight was no more than a fitness excercise.

You could not jdge any player from what I saw........too many changes to be judgemental on the lads.

Ajiax were simply different class....

GJ will be scratching his head after that game.

Plus pionts 2night........good crowd.. Clarkson showed some nice touches, Hartley (Gerry Gow EsK) Haynes is quicker than Sproule.....Ribiero looks good.

We hardly touch the ball to any effect but that will do the players good and keep there feet on the ground.

Work In progress....

Oh how I looked forward to this evening with excitement and expection of seeing our new players. But have to agree we were awful (although they were class) and yes it should have been 10.

Very worried at any thoughts that Basso may be going, both keepers were poor.

Feel sorry for Clarkson, playing left wing (why??????????)

Don't understand why we played MM, we know what he can do, I wanted to see the the trialist, they must have been well pissed off getting 25 minutes.

Some positives from the second half of how our younger players coped with Haynes, Hartley & Lewin looking good , but generally very disjointed with no tactics.

Jesus christ! There is always one

Its a friendly...against one of the most respected clubs in Europe. You had some players out there that have barely trained together, let alone played together!

Did you honestly expect all the enw signings to gel immediately and for us to go out there and beat them?????????

As for Clarkson playing wide...no he didnt, we tried to play 4-3-3....however, as they completely dominated the midfield (which is to be expected), Sproule and Clarkson found themselves tracking back and not being able to get forward as much as they would like.

Its a friendly...against one of the most respected clubs in Europe. You had some players out there that have barely trained together, let alone played together!

Did you honestly expect all the enw signings to gel immediately and for us to go out there and beat them?????????

As for Clarkson playing wide...no he didnt, we tried to play 4-3-3....however, as they completely dominated the midfield (which is to be expected), Sproule and Clarkson found themselves tracking back and not being able to get forward as much as they would like.

Well said son.

We played 4.5.1 NOT 4.3.3!

Clarkson played wide left and didn't have a scobie doo what he was doing. They played 4.4.2 and still out numbered us.

If you were at the game how can you say that was 4.3.3 ? No ONCE did we have 3 forwards.

Clarkson played wide left and didn't have a scobie doo what he was doing. They played 4.4.2 and still out numbered us.

If you were at the game how can you say that was 4.3.3 ? No ONCE did we have 3 forwards.

it was 433........but that reverts too 451 when you are defending.............trust me we were defending all night.........

We TRIED to play 4-3-3...but when your on the back foot for the whole game, your not going to continue with 3 forwards. You will find 2 of them being sucked back to help out the midfield

Yes I was at the game...I just seem to understand football more then some people on here

It wasn't a fitness exercise, it was played at half pace.

I am hoping it was GJ eliminating silly ideas like 433 and Clarkson on the left wing as possibilities but I fear not.

The Russian was less fit than me, he won't get a deal.

I was always told there is "no one fitter then a football........."

Well, tonight, proved that. Ajax held the ball and passed it aroumd for 90 minutes, there is only so much chasing down, and running around, a human being can do.

oh my days! what stupid things to come out with! Ajax have played 6 games to our 1 + 2 in that training summer do da(which we lost one, you get pi$$ed with that one too?, because we lost to a team no one has heard off).

i didnt go tonight (due to birth of my son) so i can't comment on how we played, but i aint going to get all doom and gloom about it, with new players finding there feet at a new club! christ!

if you don't like what your seeing pi$$ off & join the blue few, you'll soon change your mind!

how did some of the new players play tonight?

Anyhoo, i've got to get ready for the night feed :sleeping:

onwards & upwards :englandsmile4wf:

Was pretty much as i expected for a pre season game. We certainly looked disjointed in the formation, how much of that is just down to getting used to the formation and a new group of players I'm not sure but certainly think over the 2 or 3 combinations of players lining up we certainly have the squad to play a 433 well.

Out of the new signings Haynes caught the eye, was pacey, direct and sharp, would be happy with him on the right of a three. Clarkson showed some decent touches and movement but as like a lot of them in the 1st 45 they struggled to really get into the game. Gerkin didnt really have much to apart from pick the ball out of the net but looked sound enough and kicked ok. Hartley didnt have long but the early signs are he will be a class addition, brought the biggest smile of the night too when helping up an injury feigning Ajax player only to get a talking to from the ref, he will be giving 100% for the cause this coming season no doubt about it.

Thought the Greek defender (not even going to attempt to spell that one without looking it up) looked a little out of his depth or maybe struggling to adapt quickly to the way we play, seemed to be confident with the ball at his feet though.

On what ive seen of him tonight, forget the Russian, hope GJ has seen something there and he does turn out to be a quality signing if made perm but i didnt see anything that made me think sign him up.

I think with some more practice we could be really effective iin the 433, we certainly have the potency up front and a choice of combinations of front line players that can fill the roles required, its just the midfield that will be key i think. In the first 45 Marv had a go but didnt effect the game as he usually can, Johnson was pretty much non existent and Skuse was everywhere and not in a good way. If we can settle that midfield and get the right 3 in there i think we can go places.

Ajax were a quality side, even though they didnt find there top gears either at times they passed and moved very well and certainly punished us for a few mistakes. 4 decent goals, nice evening for football and was good to be back down The Gate.

I cannot believe the over reaction to this game..Firstly..please remember we are Bristol City...lets get in perspective..Ajax would outplay many prem sides, Ajax have some fantastic young guns which are constantly tracked by the biggest teams (Arsenal just went and paid 14 mill for their captain ffs), Martin Jol is a seasoned manager at the highest level, they have a fantastic infrastructure and well...as far as we've come, we're still miles away from their standard

Now I agree, we were pretty poor, but thats because it's PRE-SEASON, we're still getting fitness levels up, still getting sharpness, and we still have yet to decide our main tactics and teams/formations for the season

Chill out people, I had a great time tonight, Saurez, Aissati, Kennedy Gobbledegook and the melchiott look alike were all FANTASTIC tonight and deserved all the aplause

Oh.Dear.

What an insightful and knowledgable football pundit you are.

Seriously are you a season ticket holder? I suggest you get your money back because until we're top of the Premier League you'll not be happy.

I try and ignore most of the rubbish on this site but honestly pal take a good long hard look at yourself.

eremenko

Is right footed and I've more chance of getting a contract than him or that greek centre half. FUKCING RUBBISH.

Stop with all the rubbish. The centre half was hopeless yes, but Eremenko was given only 25 minutes and still had a touch of class about him, looked comfortable on the ball and put some pace on his passes (sadly missing with most of our players) and covered a lot of ground. Would like to see more of him (especially after comments about his performance with a proper run at Hereford).

Yes, as someone else said, he gave away possession for one of the goals, but it wasn't like he bloody set them up for a tap in, they still had a bit of work to do with that 45 yarder!!?! Jesus, always some moron ready to slag everyone off, how about some credit for Ajax, who had some top class players. My only gripe with our lot is the forwards looked like they were missing a target man.

It wasn't a fitness exercise, it was played at half pace.

I am hoping it was GJ eliminating silly ideas like 433 and Clarkson on the left wing as possibilities but I fear not.

The Russian was less fit than me, he won't get a deal.

Nevermind the fact our best spell of last season came playing the same system

Nevermind the fact our best spell of last season came playing the same system

No, it didn't. We still had two centre forwards and two central midfielders and two wide players on the pitch for almost all the games in that run, we just asked McIndoe to cover the gaping hole in midfield and pretended the lack of width was a 433. Our best spell of last season came playing the worst teams in the division and that is no co-incidence.

Archived