IGNORED

What Is City's Best Team?

BounceAroundJosh

Michael McIndoe is a winger, he played as a winger for every club before he joined and he played as one for us during his debut season. There are may long-publicised debates about Gary telling him to cut inside and play more centrally last season, I suggest you do some research...

Yes, but Dele's not here any more. If you are going to mention how good he was with the 4-3-3, then that further backs up my point...

When playing in a 4-3-3, Maynard managed to score against Preston, Crystal Palace and Wolves... Terrible opposition.

your completely missing the point chap if were going to play 433 you need someone who can hold the ball up other wise we will spend more time playing 451 and we will be wasting the talent of our strikers

incidentally those teams you mention how many did we win?

For me the starting X1

...........Basso...

Orr.Carey.Fontaine..McCallister

Maynard.........Johnson.......Hartley........Elliott........Haynes

......Clarkson..............

With this formation it can be obviously a 4-5-1 or a very counter attacking 4-3-3 pace on either wing with the added guile of Hartley and Johnson in midfield and the tackling of Elliott, pretty formidable.

Subs:

Gerken

Trundle

Sproule

McIndoe

Skuse

Nyatanga

J.Wilson

What a bench, this squad is looking very strong!!!!! :goingup: :goingup:

your completely missing the point chap if were going to play 433 you need someone who can hold the ball up other wise we will spend more time playing 451 and we will be wasting the talent of our strikers

incidentally those teams you mention how many did we win?

Errr... Moving the goalposts? You asked how successful Maynard was during our run of 4-3-3, I showed you. It goes without saying that our first game where we played a 4-3-3 was the Watford game where we started our ascent from 18th... Nice try though.

I don't believe you do need someone to hold the ball up, you could had a predator in the box in the middle. If we're going to play the football we can play, decent, passing football, then Clarkson should be the main man to deliver the ball to with Haynes and Maynard doubling up as suppliers and receivers. It makes for a very manouverable team and one that is very difficult to defend against.

Errr... Moving the goalposts? You asked how successful Maynard was during our run of 4-3-3, I showed you. It goes without saying that our first game where we played a 4-3-3 was the Watford game where we started our ascent from 18th... Nice try though.

I don't believe you do need someone to hold the ball up, you could had a predator in the box in the middle. If we're going to play the football we can play, decent, passing football, then Clarkson should be the main man to deliver the ball to with Haynes and Maynard doubling up as suppliers and receivers. It makes for a very manouverable team and one that is very difficult to defend against.

:noexpression: bangs head against wall many times

Depends on what formation GJ goes with, i reckon either

----------------Basso

Orr Carey Fonts McCallister

Haynes Elliot Hartley McCindoe

-------Target Man ? Maynard

or

-----------------Basso

---------Hartley Elliot Skuse

Haynes ---------------------------McCindoe

-------------- Target Man?

Either way lets sign a quality target man and if we do we can mount a serious promotion charge! Ive been screaming for a right winger aswell but hopefully haynes can adapt to that role

CMON CITY!

Depends on what formation GJ goes with, i reckon either

----------------Basso

Haynes Elliot Hartley McCindoe

-------Target Man ? Maynard

or

-----------------Basso

---------Hartley Elliot Skuse

Haynes ---------------------------McCindoe

-------------- Target Man?

Either way lets sign a quality target man and if we do we can mount a serious promotion charge! Ive been screaming for a right winger aswell but hopefully haynes can adapt to that role

CMON CITY!

Seems really strange that you would leave out our best striker........which will be Clarkson...... :disapointed2se:

I believe you asked what we would pick as our best team,

Well at this stage we can only guess who is fit enough and pick a team that we think is good enough because we clearly have not seen enough of the new boys yet.

My Team Hopefully would be.........433

------------------------BASSO

--Ribiero------Carey--------Nanytango-------Fonts

-------------------------Hartley..............

-------------.Williams-------------Elliot.........

Haynes--------------Clarkson--------------Maynard / Mccindoe

This team would also mean all the new signings are better than we had and Ribiero has fully recovered.

The team I Believe G Johnson will pick is..... 433

------------------Gerkin

Orr------Carey---------Fonts------Maccalister

---------------L Johnson

-----Elliot-------------------Hartley

Haynes----------Maynard----------Clarkson

Time will tell.

A young player who has never played championship football over a experienced, established and beast of a full back???

CRAZY.

I believe you asked what we would pick as our best team,

This team would also mean all the new signings are better than we had and Ribiero has fully recovered.

Surely you'd swap Fonts with Nyatanga?

Archived