IGNORED

Top 5 Keepers Since You've Been Watching City?

And Its Smith

Moller

Basso

Shaw

Cashley

Welch

I'd agree with your best five but I'd put Shaw and Cashley above Basso because they were both top flight BCFC goalies. Welch was superb and easily on a par with Basso. Moller remains the best goalie I've ever seen play for us.

I must admit I was very young when Moller played for us, and can barely remember him, so taking my starting point from when I can remember keepers for City, I reckon the following were my top 5.

Keith Welch

Andy Leaning (mainly for saving a penalty against Devon White in the first game we beat the Gas for years-Donawa scored in the 87th minute, iirc)

Keith Waugh

Ronnie Sinclair

Basso

The best thing is that we have not really had a disastrous keeper.

Now there's a thread in itself...worst five keepers in our history.

I'm sure there are plenty more, but all I can think of at the moment is Bo Anderson for some reason.

Five Best, can't say we've had a bad one.

What about..........

All of those already mentioned, plus Bob Anderson & Tony Cook and Gibbo was one of the best.

I would leave out Flapper simply because he is a sag now, and so was Cashley but he scored that Goal so he's let off.

ive only supported city for about the last five years so the only goalkeepers i have seen are Basso, Phillips, Weale, Henderson (Against Ipswich), Gerken and Brezovan (both against Ajax). So the top five i would say is;

1- Basso

2- Phillips

3- Weale

4- Henderson

5- Gerken (had a poor gme at Ajax due to injury but had to pick someone)

Archived