IGNORED

Clayton Fortune

Red_Mat

Weston Super Mare...!

According to the main site:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/WTPSDetail/0,,1...1730990,00.html

Big move, there, for the 26-year-old, who's clearly reached the peak of his career! :noexpression:

There is the prime example of someone really not reaching their full potential. He had the background (came from Spurs, cousin and uncle both professional footballers), had the height and pace, but just didn't seem bothered. He just didn't seem to want it. Seemed more interested in nightlife, than a footballer's life. :disapointed2se:

See jevons has found his level with Morcombe!

To be fair, Jevons is 30 next week, so he is reaching the 'veteran' stage of his career. Clayton is just 26!

Why oh why did Clayton turn the move to Preston down?! Couldn't we have forced him to go? Was it just the Bristol nightlife he stayed for?

When you think of the really good players we lost around then who could, and in some cases, have gone on to much more, the one we would happily have sold for £400,000 was Fortune.....

Witnessed some of the worst defending at AG from Clayfoot, shame, because to look at he was the real deal.

I allways liken him to crap djimi traore, the song Liverpool used to sign was hilerious..

Don't blame it on the Hamman

don't blame it on the Biscan

don't blame it on the Finnan

blame it on Traore!!!

HE just cant, he just cant, he just cant control his feet! :laugh:

I believe I saw Clayton standing around outside the williams after the ajax game and someone asked how he was getting on, and he said he was looking for a club down this way. I figured he might be looking at Cheltenham, or maybe exeter, but not Weston!

I believe I saw Clayton standing around outside the williams after the ajax game and someone asked how he was getting on, and he said he was looking for a club down this way. I figured he might be looking at Cheltenham, or maybe exeter, but not Weston!

Wasen't Rushden & Diamonds his last stop? In that case it make sence with Weston.

Witnessed some of the worst defending at AG from Clayfoot, shame, because to look at he was the real deal.

I allways liken him to crap djimi traore, the song Liverpool used to sign was hilerious..

blame it on Traore!!!

There was a certain amount of Bambi on ice with Big Clayton.....

Why oh why did Clayton turn the move to Preston down?! Couldn't we have forced him to go? Was it just the Bristol nightlife he stayed for?

I am feeling a bit uncomfortable about slagging off an ex-player for turning down a move to another club - a club more successful than us at the time.

Sometimes loyalty could be seen as a good thing we appreciate.

Mark McKeever??

Top Marks :winner_third_h4h:

Isnt / wasnt marvin brown at weston?

yep, and doing a decent job for a struggling side too. Weston aren't a big side at this level by any means, but players like Marvin and ryan northmore do a stirling job week in week out to keep them up :)

fortune could do worse than weston if only to get himself noticed.

blame it on Traore!!!

I am pretty sure that song could be adapted quite well for Ivan... :D

From the Weston AFC Site:

THE WESTON MERCURY

Page 80 of today's edition of the Weston Mercury carried a story regarding the signing of two player's.

After speculation from our supporter's and question's being posed as to why the Club have not released the news we have made this statement to confirm that neither player has yet signed.

We can only hope that premature speculation such as appeared in today's paper does not place in jeopardy any potential move that the Club may make for either or both player's.

As a club Weston-super-Mare F. C. attempt to provide the relevant media outlets and their supporters with news item's from the Club as soon as possible after the event but only after all details have been officially tied-up.

Archived