IGNORED

Ross Mccormack

Smokey

I'm looking for a career change. What qualifications do you think you need to become a football Agent? I feel it must be quite rewarding.

They've tightened it right up recently. You have to be able to huff up a mirror and all sorts nowadays.

I think Hull are getting desperate. Although they survived they still arent a very attractive proposition for any proven premier league players, so they are prepared to pay top dollar for someone like mccormack. I think their form at the end of last season will continue into this season and they will come back down.

I wonder how we would have compared in terms of the players brought in had we won that game instead?

Location. location, location. The most important factor in whether a player signs these days is whether his wife/girlfriend likes the shops in the area. :disapointed2se: I imagine we show prospective signings around Cabot Circus before showing them the plans for the new stadium. :innocent06:

Is it an old East Anglian phrase?

Why would a football agent need to be able to 'huff up a mirror'? :dunno:

The implication is that anyone with a breath in their body can do it.

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't used it now.

Location. location, location. The most important factor in whether a player signs these days is whether his wife/girlfriend likes the shops in the area. :disapointed2se: I imagine we show prospective signings around Cabot Circus before showing them the plans for the new stadium. :innocent06:

So how do clubs like Hull get a team together each week then! Well every other week it is in reality I suppose.

And if you only need to breath to be an Agent I guess I got competition then. :(

So how do clubs like Hull get a team together each week then! Well every other week it is in reality I suppose.

And if you only need to breath to be an Agent I guess I got competition then. :(

I was being a little tongue in cheek. :innocent06: Mind you Roy Keane was turned down at Sunderland by players because of location and Steve Bruce has just found the same with Crouch. Fact of football these days, at least at the moneyed end. No point earning a king's ransom if there is nowhere to spend it I suppose. :innocent06:

I was being a little tongue in cheek. :innocent06: Mind you Roy Keane was turned down at Sunderland by players because of location and Steve Bruce has just found the same with Crouch. Fact of football these days, at least at the moneyed end. No point earning a king's ransom if there is nowhere to spend it I suppose. :innocent06:

So was I. Tis true what you say though, I always thought many clubs were at an advantage geographically to us in the past. Although this seems to have been addressed in the past couple of years, or is it just coincidence we achieved championship status around the same time.

The new stadium will help attract, word cup bid etc. But the players still have way too much money and way too much time on their hands. Work 'em harder I say...maybe I'd be wasted as an agent, manager I think!

So was I. Tis true what you say though, I always thought many clubs were at an advantage geographically to us in the past. Although this seems to have been addressed in the past couple of years, or is it just coincidence we achieved championship status around the same time.

The new stadium will help attract, word cup bid etc. But the players still have way too much money and way too much time on their hands. Work 'em harder I say...maybe I'd be wasted as an agent, manager I think!

Hull regularly "wins" the title of worst city in the country. Never having been there I've no idea if that's fair but it can't help the club's cause. Bristol has no such reputation but is still seen as being out on a limb sometimes. That does seem to have been overcome a bit since we were promoted as you say.

But you'll never make a manager M (may I call you M? :innocent06: ). Don't you realise you're supposed to let players do whatever they want as long as they have talent? If a player fails to meet his potential because he is not professional or fit enough it will be your fault. It's also wise not to have any sons. :disapointed2se:

As to being an agent Barry Silkman was saying on 5 Live recently that top clubs offer players so much money you don't exactly have to work hard to get a good deal! Money for old rope then. :noexpression:

Archived