IGNORED

Justice?

Andy Horsman

On the taxpayers' money point... I dare say that Gerrard has paid more in taxes in his life so far than most of the other posters on this board put together. I'd think the £40k a week he pays in income tax has easily outweighed some piffling legal fees.

And someone tell me what the "bankers" have done which is illegal? (Madoff excepted, I mean the actions which have led to this recession.) Nothing was illegal... just a bit stupid, ill-thought through, and badly regulated.

I do not believe that the alledged victim helped his case by asking his solicitor to approach Mr Gerrards solicitor asking if they could come to an amicable settlment, that to me indicates he was more interested in making money out of it than actually taking it through a court case.

At least Gerrard said no and took his chance in front of judge and jury.

On the taxpayers' money point... I dare say that Gerrard has paid more in taxes in his life so far than most of the other posters on this board put together. I'd think the £40k a week he pays in income tax has easily outweighed some piffling legal fees.

And someone tell me what the "bankers" have done which is illegal? (Madoff excepted, I mean the actions which have led to this recession.) Nothing was illegal... just a bit stupid, ill-thought through, and badly regulated.

You're right because the likes of Stephen Gerrard would easily be paying £40,000+ per week in income tax. As for the top bankers, why should they be bailed out with our taxes? They are even - still - getting massive bonuses even though their bank may now be owned by us as a part nationalised concern thanks to their mismanagement. If the business I work for got into trouble it wouldn't be bailed out as the banks have been and I'd be thrown on the dole.

You're right because the likes of Stephen Gerrard would easily be paying £40,000+ per week in income tax. As for the top bankers, why should they be bailed out with our taxes? They are even - still - getting massive bonuses even though their bank may now be owned by us as a part nationalised concern thanks to their mismanagement. If the business I work for got into trouble it wouldn't be bailed out as the banks have been and I'd be thrown on the dole.

If all the banks were state owned we could regulate this but as they aren't bonuses still have to be part of their package otherwise it wouldn't be an attractive enough offer and a failing bank needs the best leaders in the business - surely that is fairly logical. If RBS make the targets it has been set this year, the state make 5 billion (figures from a mate who works there not 100% accurate but good enough for a soundbite) which is a decent enough return if it keeps up. Keep it attractive to the top guys and we make our money back quicker and then we can all return to our happy lives!

Will tedious ill-informed repetiton be amongst the crimes?

If so, I think I've found a big source of income.

I notice that the Police don't target the Toff led fox and stag hunting fraternity for revenue as the average motorist and football supporter is a far easy to plunder cash cow. :icecream:

Archived