IGNORED

Haynes Autographs

nacho libre

Quote this is bristol.co.uk

"Encouraged by a goal of rare quality, City fans demonstrated their appreciation when the new signing was finally substituted 19 minutes from time, rising as one to deliver a heartfelt standing ovation. Judging by the manner in which Haynes was prepared to Encouraged by a goal of rare quality, City fans demonstrated their appreciation when the new signing was finally substituted 19 minutes from time, rising as one to deliver a heartfelt standing ovation. Judging by the manner in which Haynes was prepared to accommodate autograph-hunting youngsters on his way back to the dressing room, the appreciation was mutual.

"Now I have to prove myself to the Bristol supporters and show them what I can do. I really like it down here and the fans have helped make me feel very welcome. on his way back to the dressing room, the appreciation was mutual.

He recalled: "I had a thing going with the Ipswich fans, because I always seemed to score against Norwich or make something happen to win us the match.

"Now I have to prove myself to the Bristol supporters and show them what I can do. I really like it down here and the fans have helped make me feel very welcome."

Now I may be being unfair but I watched Clarkson,Maynard,Hartley and Trundle stop for 20-30 kids in the Atyeo and williams. I also saw Gavin Williams promise to give an autograph on the way in at half time and come back and find the person in the stand.

On the other hand I saw Danny Haynes walk past the same 20-30 kids and only stop for a photo when someone grabbed him with Maynard.

Just feel balance is needed! Well done to the others who have been ignored by this piece and especially Lee Trundle.

"Encouraged by a goal of rare quality, City fans demonstrated their appreciation when the new signing was finally substituted 19 minutes from time, rising as one to deliver a heartfelt standing ovation. Judging by the manner in which Haynes was prepared to Encouraged by a goal of rare quality, City fans demonstrated their appreciation when the new signing was finally substituted 19 minutes from time, rising as one to deliver a heartfelt standing ovation. Judging by the manner in which Haynes was prepared to accommodate autograph-hunting youngsters on his way back to the dressing room, the appreciation was mutual.

"Now I have to prove myself to the Bristol supporters and show them what I can do. I really like it down here and the fans have helped make me feel very welcome. on his way back to the dressing room, the appreciation was mutual.

He recalled: "I had a thing going with the Ipswich fans, because I always seemed to score against Norwich or make something happen to win us the match.

"Now I have to prove myself to the Bristol supporters and show them what I can do. I really like it down here and the fans have helped make me feel very welcome."

Now I may be being unfair but I watched Clarkson,Maynard,Hartley and Trundle stop for 20-30 kids in the Atyeo and williams. I also saw Gavin Williams promise to give an autograph on the way in at half time and come back and find the person in the stand.

On the other hand I saw Danny Haynes walk past the same 20-30 kids and only stop for a photo when someone grabbed him with Maynard.

Just feel balance is needed! Well done to the others who have been ignored by this piece and especially Lee Trundle.

You're absolutely right - I spotted that as well.

Haynes ignored a number of fans and only stopped by the tunnel when he was grabbed.

Clarkson, Maynard, Hartley and Trundle seemed far happier to stop and say hi, have their pictures taken and generally be very appreciative of the support they get from the fans, especially the youngsters.

And Lee Trundle is one of the best at this - which goes to show just why he is so popular with so many fans. Every time I have seen him there, whether he is playing or not and even in reserve matches, he stops and signs autographs and talks to people. He's great with the fans! If only he could get his fitness sorted he'd be a proper legend...

Who was that actually written by? because that is the poorest piece of writing i think i have ever read...

how many times does he want to repeat himself? and repeat quotes?

that is shocking. :noexpression:

It was written by Andy Stockhausen, a convicted drink-driver.

Wow... I used to have aspirations to be a sports journo... I got it into my head it would be too difficult to get in and find a job.

I think with no English qualifications other than my GCSE I am a better writer than him.

that is quite shocking.

was he drunk when he wrote it?

You Raise a fair point!

Stockhausen raises a fair few pints! :tumbleweed:

You're absolutely right - I spotted that as well.

Haynes ignored a number of fans and only stopped by the tunnel when he was grabbed.

Clarkson, Maynard, Hartley and Trundle seemed far happier to stop and say hi, have their pictures taken and generally be very appreciative of the support they get from the fans, especially the youngsters.

And Lee Trundle is one of the best at this - which goes to show just why he is so popular with so many fans. Every time I have seen him there, whether he is playing or not and even in reserve matches, he stops and signs autographs and talks to people. He's great with the fans! If only he could get his fitness sorted he'd be a proper legend...

I remember last season when he won the reserve cup he gave his medal to a young fan. All be it a practically worthless medal I still felt it was a nice thing to do as the lad seemed delighted.

Wow... I used to have aspirations to be a sports journo... I got it into my head it would be too difficult to get in and find a job.

I think with no English qualifications other than my GCSE I am a better writer than him.

that is quite shocking.

Why not write an article about it, with the headline "STOCKHAUSEN DRUNK AT WORK?" (the question mark is crucial).

You could then pen a four paragraph piece about the subject, mentioning he has a drink-driving conviction several times, and finally conclude that, no, he wasn't drunk at work.

Send it to the EP. They lap up that sort of misdirection in a headline.

Who was that actually written by? because that is the poorest piece of writing i think i have ever read...

how many times does he want to repeat himself? and repeat quotes?

that is shocking. :noexpression:

Have a look at the BEP - its a well written, highly complimentary piece.

Danny Haynes was signing autographs for kids. I saw him do a load. Andy Stockhausen obviously spotted this too and reported it. Fair enough.

The piece was about Haynes, not about other players. Haynes did sign a load of autographs

I watched all the players walk alongside the Williams and Atyeo stands - he signed a couple and by the Williams, and then a couple more by the Atyeo tunnel. All the others that came off stopped for everyone.

Now, I'm not pre-judging the guy - he may be slightly hard of hearing or have a genuine reason for not stopping. But he blatantly walked past two or three kids leaning over the perimeter of the Atyeo barrier calling for his signature.

He certainly has ability, but one thing the Ipswich fans seemed to agree on was that he was a bit of big-head. I hope they're wrong, or is he has, then Johnson gets this attitude out of him.

I watched all the players walk alongside the Williams and Atyeo stands - he signed a couple and by the Williams, and then a couple more by the Atyeo tunnel. All the others that came off stopped for everyone.

Now, I'm not pre-judging the guy - he may be slightly hard of hearing or have a genuine reason for not stopping. But he blatantly walked past two or three kids leaning over the perimeter of the Atyeo barrier calling for his signature.

He certainly has ability, but one thing the Ipswich fans seemed to agree on was that he was a bit of big-head. I hope they're wrong, or is he has, then Johnson gets this attitude out of him.

Well I saw him do a few but there may be any number of reasons why he choose to or not to do certain people's - always remembering you can rarely sign for everyone. He may have been instructed to get back to the changing rooms as early as poss for post-match warm-down, ice baths, warm-down and refuelling.

in defence of haynes..

at cheltenham a young lad who was sat on the fence just in front of me with his dad called haynes and asked him to come over.

once haynes was there he happily signed an autograpgh for the young lad and also had his photo taken.

as has been said in this post ,poor reporting by someone who is not fit to clean dog sh??? of the bottom of my boots!

that is quite shocking.

I'm training to be one, it annoys me to see that, with all we are taught (impartiality, accuracy and truthfulness) there are "journalists" who get away with biased, wrong and often false stories.

It was written by Andy Stockhausen, a convicted drink-driver.

Did you say 'drink-driver'?

Shame on you Mr Stockhausen. I am shocked.

I for one will not be buying the Evening Post again until I see a full apology to all other sober and law abiding road users.

"Encouraged by a goal of rare quality, City fans demonstrated their appreciation when the new signing was finally substituted 19 minutes from time, rising as one to deliver a heartfelt standing ovation. Judging by the manner in which Haynes was prepared to accommodate autograph-hunting youngsters on his way back to the dressing room, the appreciation was mutual.

Not just the repeated parts, which I've deleted, its actually written in a very akward way, not the easiest thing to read quickly. This sort of story is usally read quickly.

I've re-written the opening paragraph to make it easier to read.

"City's new signing Danny Haynes recieved a standing ovation from the Ashton Gate crowd after scoring a fabulous goal in the friendly match against Wolves. Haynes was keen to return the favour by spending time signing autographs for the fans on his way back to the dressing room."

Same intro, different wording, easier (i hope :fingerscrossed::innocent06: )

Trundle has probably had so much time to spend on the fans because he's done so little on the pitch it's not surprising he gets alot of free time, Haynes looks like he will be a great player for City, unlike Trundle.

Do we want a commited decent player who might not choose to give autographs very often, or somebody who might aswell be stealing £10,000 every week for doing nothing but sign a few autographs?.

Trundle has probably had so much time to spend on the fans because he's done so little on the pitch it's not surprising he gets alot of free time, Haynes looks like he will be a great player for City, unlike Trundle.

Do we want a commited decent player who might not choose to give autographs very often, or somebody who might aswell be stealing £10,000 every week for doing nothing but sign a few autographs?.

No need for the bitter comments towards Trundle, who would surely rather be playing every week, and would still find plenty of time for the fans if he was.

It's to his credit that he maintains such an open and cheerful disposition towards City fans when he must be very disappointed the way things have turned out for him at AG.

No need for the bitter comments towards Trundle, who would surely rather be playing every week, and would still find plenty of time for the fans if he was.

It's to his credit that he maintains such an open and cheerful disposition towards City fans when he must be very disappointed the way things have turned out for him at AG.

£10,000 a week says i don't think he's that bothered if he plays or not, when he's driving his £120,000 Bentley around the place do you really think he's that upset that he hasn't kicked a football about a bit more?

£10,000 a week says i don't think he's that bothered if he plays or not, when he's driving his £120,000 Bentley around the place do you really think he's that upset that he hasn't kicked a football about a bit more?

Yes.

If he badly wanted to be playing every week he would not have turned up for pre-season training the way he did. It is very unproffesional and regardless of the amount of 'decent and friendly' things he does with the fans, that is NOT what he gets paid to do. He gets paid to play football to the best of his ability and if unfit, he simply cannot do that. I'm not one to pick on a player for no reason, but when you defend him and credit him so much for the off field side of things, you cannot forget that he has, IMO, taken the piss out of the fans to be quite frank by taking his wage which we help pay for but NOT keeping himself in a fit state.

By all means, well done to him for mixing with the fans which i thank him for, but its secondary to putting in the effort off the pitch to get himself a chance on the pitch....thats his job. And its not the first time he has done it, he was part of the original 'fat club' so cannot use the excuse that GJ has frozen him out and he cant be bothered to put the effort in if he's not going to play anyway. He should be 100% in his attempts to move elsewhere if that is the case.

If he badly wanted to be playing every week he would not have turned up for pre-season training the way he did. It is very unproffesional and regardless of the amount of 'decent and friendly' things he does with the fans, that is NOT what he gets paid to do. He gets paid to play football to the best of his ability and if unfit, he simply cannot do that. I'm not one to pick on a player for no reason, but when you defend him and credit him so much for the off field side of things, you cannot forget that he has, IMO, taken the piss out of the fans to be quite frank by taking his wage which we help pay for but NOT keeping himself in a fit state.

By all means, well done to him for mixing with the fans which i thank him for, but its secondary to putting in the effort off the pitch to get himself a chance on the pitch....thats his job. And its not the first time he has done it, he was part of the original 'fat club' so cannot use the excuse that GJ has frozen him out and he cant be bothered to put the effort in if he's not going to play anyway. He should be 100% in his attempts to move elsewhere if that is the case.

You've got it all wrong mate, he fully deserves his £10,000 a week because he smiles alot, signs alot of autographs and even waves quite alot. :disapointed2se:

Archived