IGNORED

Haynes Autographs

nacho libre

If he badly wanted to be playing every week he would not have turned up for pre-season training the way he did. It is very unproffesional and regardless of the amount of 'decent and friendly' things he does with the fans, that is NOT what he gets paid to do. He gets paid to play football to the best of his ability and if unfit, he simply cannot do that. I'm not one to pick on a player for no reason, but when you defend him and credit him so much for the off field side of things, you cannot forget that he has, IMO, taken the piss out of the fans to be quite frank by taking his wage which we help pay for but NOT keeping himself in a fit state.

By all means, well done to him for mixing with the fans which i thank him for, but its secondary to putting in the effort off the pitch to get himself a chance on the pitch....thats his job. And its not the first time he has done it, he was part of the original 'fat club' so cannot use the excuse that GJ has frozen him out and he cant be bothered to put the effort in if he's not going to play anyway. He should be 100% in his attempts to move elsewhere if that is the case.

Original fat club was Noble and Keogh, despite gossip otherwise Trundle never had fitness issues in his first two seasons here.

He was well aware that he had no future at the club before going away for the break, it's a shame he's given GJ the perfect opportunity to put the blame for the £3m disaster squarely on his shoulders, but it's very difficult to work hard in training knowing you will never get picked.

Original fat club was Noble and Keogh, despite gossip otherwise Trundle never had fitness issues in his first two seasons here.

He was well aware that he had no future at the club before going away for the break, it's a shame he's given GJ the perfect opportunity to put the blame for the £3m disaster squarely on his shoulders, but it's very difficult to work hard in training knowing you will never get picked.

That utter rubbish. Gary Johnson never totally isolates someone who is under contract - Bradley Orr proved during his disagreement with GJ, that if you show the right attitude and quality you can force your way back into the reckoning...

He's down the pecking order no doubt, but if that does not give him the desire to come back fitter than ever and wanting to prove GJ wrong, nothing will!

That utter rubbish. Gary Johnson never totally isolates someone who is under contract - Bradley Orr proved during his disagreement with GJ, that if you show the right attitude and quality you can force your way back into the reckoning...

He's down the pecking order no doubt, but if that does not give him the desire to come back fitter than ever and wanting to prove GJ wrong, nothing will!

Come off it Riaz, GJ has definitely frozen out players who are under contract and he's very clever about how he does it.

Trundle was certain he had no future here before going away for the summer, although he should have come back fit it's obviously harder to motivate yourself to train hard when you're in that situation.

The fact is here we spent around £3m securing an over 30 tricky flair player for 3 years and then hit long balls at him and asked him to play back to goal. It was a complete waste of money, a poor signing and this latest little bit about him being unfit is just a symptom of that mistake.

It's not Trundles fault we pay him 10 grand a week.

If he's not playing to you expect him to go up to SL and say "Listen Steve, I havn't been playing much lately, can you reduce my wages as it's only fair".

I love all these people who moan and blame the players about their wages. The clubs are the ones who agree and pay them. If you got offered £100,000 a week to do your job would you say "no thanks. £30,000 a year should see me through."

Come off it Riaz, GJ has definitely frozen out players who are under contract and he's very clever about how he does it.

Trundle was certain he had no future here before going away for the summer, although he should have come back fit it's obviously harder to motivate yourself to train hard when you're in that situation.

The fact is here we spent around £3m securing an over 30 tricky flair player for 3 years and then hit long balls at him and asked him to play back to goal. It was a complete waste of money, a poor signing and this latest little bit about him being unfit is just a symptom of that mistake.

Very well put Mr Nibor, couldn't agree more!

Trundle was certain he had no future here before going away for the summer, although he should have come back fit it's obviously harder to motivate yourself to train hard when you're in that situation

So, why did'nt bradley orr just give up and act unproffesional??

It was a bad signing and thats GJ fault. But the rest is just excuses. Byfield scored 8 goals when were supposedly playing long ball and without a target man - He also played alot less than byfield.

So, why did'nt bradley orr just give up and act unproffesional??

Completely different situation. Orr was misled about money, always wanted to play, always knew he could if the dispute was resolved. Didn't go home for a summer break knowing he was frozen out and even when he wasn't being picked he knew it was in his hands. Trundle has been frozen out and knows he has no chance of playing whatsoever no matter what he does.

It was a bad signing and thats GJ fault. But the rest is just excuses.

Yes, being frozen out is an excuse for being unfit and a poor one.

The player being unfit this season is not an excuse for the manager making such an expensive mistake in the first place, but people will now naively blame the player for the £3m bollock GJ dropped.

Completely different situation. Orr was misled about money, always wanted to play, always knew he could if the dispute was resolved. Didn't go home for a summer break knowing he was frozen out and even when he wasn't being picked he knew it was in his hands. Trundle has been frozen out and knows he has no chance of playing whatsoever no matter what he does.

I think if he came back super fit, GJ would have given him a chance.

The player being unfit this season is not an excuse for the manager making such an expensive mistake in the first place, but people will now naively blame the player for the £3m bollock GJ dropped.

I dont blame Trundle for that and I would never begrudge a player earning what someone has offered them..

Its just the excuses for his performances that annoy me.

I don't think we'll all think was waste of money was a gamble by GJ considering his age and lack of champ experience. but the start of the season wen he joined we did play it on the floor till christmas but sometimes gambles don't pay off I don't see GJ as perfect though but a good manager.

I think if he came back super fit, GJ would have given him a chance.

Agree to disagree then, I am certain GJ froze him out permanently last season.

Its just the excuses for his performances that annoy me.

I've never seen Lee Trundle play a game for BCFC where I think he didn't put in enough effort or have enough ability. I've seen him be ineffective but I think that was down to how we played as a team. I've never excused his performances because I've never felt they needed excusing.

I don't think we'll all think was waste of money was a gamble by GJ considering his age and lack of champ experience. but the start of the season wen he joined we did play it on the floor till christmas but sometimes gambles don't pay off I don't see GJ as perfect though but a good manager.

Very good manager who isn't perfect IMO. It's just the way he handles mistakes that bothers me. It's not like we can't recognise them.

Poor management I am afraid. LT as we all know is probably one of the most susceptable players in our squad to gain weight, easier than most other players I would imagine. In that case why didn't GJ put him on a strict training plan over the holiday period to ensure that this rather expensive club asset (which GJ recommend that we buy) comes back fitting fit ready to compete for places and scores goals for us in the CCC, just as he is paid to do?

It's not Trundles fault we pay him 10 grand a week.

If he's not playing to you expect him to go up to SL and say "Listen Steve, I havn't been playing much lately, can you reduce my wages as it's only fair".

I love all these people who moan and blame the players about their wages. The clubs are the ones who agree and pay them. If you got offered £100,000 a week to do your job would you say "no thanks. £30,000 a year should see me through."

I don't think fault is in the equation. Trundle is supposedly paid 10k per week, I think this is BS personally, but who am i to argue with Football manager 2009?

Its about 7k, but that's not the point. I find it funny how some think Trundle is just amazing for signing autographs and how he always claps the fans blah blah blah, but for 7k per week WE ALL WOULD!!, Jesus H Christ, I would clap till my hands started to bleed, i would spend hours with the fans until they got bored with me and I would make sure I certainly didn't return for pre season remotely unfit because I know GJ is ultra hot on fitness.

Anyone thinking Trundle is the poor hard done by victim, you want your heads examining. Trundle is taking the piss with your money, my money and the chairman's money. I think people need to sit down for moment and try to grasp how much 7k per week is and decide if Trundle is really doing enough to deserve it.

If Trundle thinks turning up pre season anything short of super fit is acceptable then he's a fool. We can't carry players like this and they need to go right now, I would prefer we give Plumber and Jackson their chance now, they've waited patiently and trained hard and are paid significantly lower wages.

Meh, I don't dislike the bloke he's still a City player and on the pitch gets my 100% support if picked, but hard choices need to me made to keep this club tight and progressive.

REGARDLESS of what chance LT had to play for City at the start of this season the facts are, that him turning up UNFIT is unaccpetable to the club as his employer, us as fans and from his point of view it SHOULD be unacceptable to him as an individual and a proffessional. There is something called pride in one's work and by allowing yourself to be unfit in a proffesion where fitness is a integral part of the job, to me is simply showing a lack of personal pride as much as anything else. LT talked of how much he loved playing football on a saturday when he was at Leeds and spoke of why he was therefore happy to be there on loan, if he wanted to play football that badly and knew (IF he has been frozen out at City) he wasnt going to that under GJ, SURELY the most important thing for him pre-season is to turn up as fit as possible and make the most of the fitness regime on offer to him at City? The fact that he hasn't done that, to me, is very surprising and I dont see the fact that his chances at city were limited as any excuse. Personally I believe GJ would have given LT an other chance if he had performed well pre-season as to me they dont seem to have had a falling out regarding proffesionalism or had a clash of personalities. If they had, then I do believe GJ would have frozen him out totally and there would have been no going back for him(such as with Noble/Stewart). However, i dont think that was the case with LT, it was merely footballing issues and his lack of contribution on the pitch(whether it was his fault or through how GJ played is irellevant in this context).

Of course we dont know for sure, maybe there is more to it than football, but either way LT should have come back 110% for his own good as much as anything else.

Poor management I am afraid. LT as we all know is probably one of the most susceptable players in our squad to gain weight, easier than most other players I would imagine. In that case why didn't GJ put him on a strict training plan over the holiday period to ensure that this rather expensive club asset (which GJ recommend that we buy) comes back fitting fit ready to compete for places and scores goals for us in the CCC, just as he is paid to do?

All the players are given such instructions and some chose to do more, come back early etc. At what point does a grown man who happens to be a footballer take responsibility for his own behaviour? Lee certainly is a nice guy, but so is Lee Johnson and I don't see him getting special dispensation from the fans. If Gary is to blame for Trundle's lack of impact (rather than his lack of either strength or pace, or indeed fitness) presumably any and every under-performing player can say the same. By all means say it was a mistake to sign him but the excuses don't wash.

Archived