IGNORED

Nick Carle

chinapig

Much is made of the Sheffield United away performance - and rightly so.

After that game, I thought we had a class player...

But that was the only class game he had for us - of course he had a couple of decent games, but gary johnson obviously knows something we dont.... and his judgement of the player has been proved right.

That game where he performed at his best was rare - and palace are now trying to get rid of him on the cheap - I think that says it all.

I was shocked when he was sold, but our manager got it right once again.

But that was the only class game he had for us - of course he had a couple of decent games, but gary johnson obviously knows something we dont.... and his judgement of the player has been proved right.

That game where he performed at his best was rare - and palace are now trying to get rid of him on the cheap - I think that says it all.

After having got it wrong in the first place if Carle only had one decent game for us as you say.

How can GJ be praised for his judgement after having signed him in the first place?

By all means give GJ all the credit he deserves - which is substantial, but not when he signs someone for good money, decides shortly after they aren't required, and is fortunate to snare a manager against whom Carle did play well, who happened to have money available - no skill in that surely, just very good fortune.

I thought Carle was good personally, but i'm unaware of a queue of clubs after him at the time so we were bloody lucky Palace were in the market for him.

Maybe Carle is a problem player,maybe he hasn't settled, or perhaps he doesn't get on with our style of play in England - we don't know, but when a manager who has taken a club into the Prem considers he was worth buying, then maybe he wasn't so bad after all - unless people on this forum consider themselves more knowledgable than Colin W?

After having got it wrong in the first place if Carle only had one decent game for us as you say.

How can GJ be praised for his judgement after having signed him in the first place?

By all means give GJ all the credit he deserves - which is substantial, but not when he signs someone for good money, decides shortly after they aren't required, and is fortunate to snare a manager against whom Carle did play well, who happened to have money available - no skill in that surely, just very good fortune.

I thought Carle was good personally, but i'm unaware of a queue of clubs after him at the time so we were bloody lucky Palace were in the market for him.

Maybe Carle is a problem player,maybe he hasn't settled, or perhaps he doesn't get on with our style of play in England - we don't know, but when a manager who has taken a club into the Prem considers he was worth buying, then maybe he wasn't so bad after all - unless people on this forum consider themselves more knowledgable than Colin W?

I would say he was worth what we paid for him, but not worth would we sold him for? surely theres nothing negative in that?

How did he get it wrong? Nick Carle was a decent player, but not one to take us to the next level.

Surely if a person makes a mistake then acting to correct that mistake is the right thing to do?

Having made the mistake of signing Carle (which I think is perfectly understandable - sometimes gambles have to be taken and GJ would have been equally criticised if not more so for lack of ambition had he dismissed signing Carle) do you then expect him to just live with the consequences of his actions? Surely that's worse?

I see where you're coming from in so much as not all of GJ's actions were flawless, but I think he recovered the situation pretty well.

I would say he was worth what we paid for him, but not worth would we sold him for? surely theres nothing negative in that?

How did he get it wrong? Nick Carle was a decent player, but not one to take us to the next level.

Carle was considered to be worth £1m by an experienced CCC manager who knows a bit more about the game than anyone on otib despite being a bit of a cock, after Carle played well at CCC level in some high profile matches, so maybe he was worth £1m to the expert eye - there's nothing negative about making a profit, but I fail to see how GJ deserves any praise in this instance, that's all - if Carle was truly found to be inadequate, then its pure luck he was offed at a profit.

How many of our squad last season or this for that matter are good enough for the next level anyway - certainly not some of the midfield who were retained or brought in post Carle.

Massive praise to GJ for bringing in Basso and Elliot, massive raspberry for Trundle and Styvar plus some loanees - that's football, and even the very best get it wrong sometimes which all fans should understand - when a coach personally acknowledges he has got it wrong however, whilst I don't slate them for it, I don't congratulate them for coming to that conclusion either.

Carle was considered to be worth £1m by an experienced CCC manager who knows a bit more about the game than anyone on otib despite being a bit of a cock, after Carle played well at CCC level in some high profile matches, so maybe he was worth £1m to the expert eye - there's nothing negative about making a profit, but I fail to see how GJ deserves any praise in this instance, that's all - if Carle was truly found to be inadequate, then its pure luck he was offed at a profit.

How many of our squad last season or this for that matter are good enough for the next level anyway - certainly not some of the midfield who were retained or brought in post Carle.

Massive praise to GJ for bringing in Basso and Elliot, massive raspberry for Trundle and Styvar plus some loanees - that's football, and even the very best get it wrong sometimes which all fans should understand - when a coach personally acknowledges he has got it wrong however, whilst I don't slate them for it, I don't congratulate them for coming to that conclusion either.

He deserves praise for judging a player to be distinctly average, when bcfc supporters and neil warnock thought he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Away at Palace in the payoffs? I thought he was awesome

He deserves praise for judging a player to be distinctly average, when bcfc supporters and neil warnock thought he was the best thing since sliced bread.

We ain't going to agree mate! - GJ would have deserved praise for coming to that conclusion before he signed him, not afterwards.

Onwards and upwards though eh!

when a coach personally acknowledges he has got it wrong however, whilst I don't slate them for it, I don't congratulate them for coming to that conclusion either.

I give him massive praise for it - it is a significant part of what makes him better than most. Many managers have such an ego about signing players it takes them two to three years to admit a bad signing. GJ has proved with Styvar and Carle that he can spend money on a player, see him at close quarters and get him out of the club within six months.

All managers make bad signings. What differentiates them is how many they make and how they deal with it.

I give him massive praise for it - it is a significant part of what makes him better than most. Many managers have such an ego about signing players it takes them two to three years to admit a bad signing. GJ has proved with Styvar and Carle that he can spend money on a player, see him at close quarters and get him out of the club within six months.

All managers make bad signings. What differentiates them is how many they make and how they deal with it.

think this sums it up very well indeed

I give him massive praise for it - it is a significant part of what makes him better than most. Many managers have such an ego about signing players it takes them two to three years to admit a bad signing.

You're right of course - presume GJ regards Lee Trundle as a good signing then..

Archived