IGNORED

Yeovil Town Vs Bristol City

South_Coast_Red

i know it was only a pre season game but my thoughts were:

- Defence was a shambles for pretty much the whole game, i did think Riberio played well pushing forward though when we switched to 352 and he played as a wing back.

- Akinde was terrible, awful first touch and should have scored a hat trick tonight, Maynard spurned 2 good chances in the first half too

- Haynes was good when he came on second half, chased everything down and was a nuisance

- The kid Edwards that came on was massively at fault for the Yeovil winner, tried to dribble past 2 players on the edge of the box, lost it and they scored

- Blackman showed some promise when he came on, very very quick!

- Defence was a shambles for pretty much the whole game, i did think Riberio played well pushing forward though when we switched to 352 and he played as a wing back.

- Akinde was terrible, awful first touch and should have scored a hat trick tonight, Maynard spurned 2 good chances in the first half too

- Haynes was good when he came on second half, chased everything down and was a nuisance

- The kid Edwards that came on was massively at fault for the Yeovil winner, tried to dribble past 2 players on the edge of the box, lost it and they scored

I thought Riberio had a bad game, looked very tired and should have been taken of much earlier. He was not getting back enough from what I seen, but like I said he looked very tired.

Edwards I agree was at fault for 3rd goal but apart from that he impressed me and I think he is one for the future.

We were awful tonight and looked way of the way we played against Wolves. Ah well onwards and upwards.

Just got back from Yeovil and you are pretty much spot on. Thats the good thing about friendlies though, the players are getting match fit so I am not too worried about the defence... Good penalty save from Gerken although it should not have been given in the first place.

Very impressed with what I have seen of Haynes so far. Blackman is probably quicker than him and I think could do a very good job for us on the left. McIndoe was shocking tonight imo...

In hindsight thought the 3-5-2 really let us down today, when Ribiero had the ball he looked really isolated as did McIndoe.

Haynes looked good when he came on though, whilst Akinde was awful. The centre-backs looked all over the place, Hartley was again pinging passes all over the shop and looking superb. Skuse & Williams were ok. Blackman didn't look too bad when he came on, similarly Plummer and Edwards, who had one superb 30-yard run near the end which won us a corner.

Archived