IGNORED

Carey...

Jordan Tansley

got extremely bored and came across this thread so thought id reply on it :)

louis carey is the only "original" team member left from when i started supporting city and to me bristol city without louis carey is not bristol city.

he is a solid defender who very rarely makes mistakes. the only thing with him getting older is he could become more prone to injuries. but i do hope im wrong.

louis is a natural born leader and is the only captain we should have in my eyes. :)

:city:

Thought there might be a mention of the penalty decision in here - absolutely awful decision, never a penalty. Almost as clear a ball-to-hand as there could ever be.

completely agree, the ball bounced on the floor and hit louis's arm was never ever a penalty :disapointed2se: ever since last week's eduardo incident referee's seemed to do nothing but award penalties yesterday. did anyone watch motd then the football league show? how many penalties were given yesterday? it seems they have been told to award penalties for the slightest incident in the box.

but anyway the penalty that went against carey was very harsh indeed. :disapointed2se:

:city:

Put it this way, with our current squad a team without Louis is not worth thinking about.

He is a leader and the only leader we have at centre half, quality player.

Spot on. We are a very quiet side if you look at us closely and only have two "talkers" in our ranks - Carey and Hartley.

Spot on. We are a very quiet side if you look at us closely and only have two "talkers" in our ranks - Carey and Hartley.

Add Gerken to that list. The man needs a Strepsel, can hear him all match from the Dolman.

But Carey, yeh, brilliant. Love his surging runs.

Add Gerken to that list. The man needs a Strepsel, can hear him all match from the Dolman.

But Carey, yeh, brilliant. Love his surging runs.

Agreed. I was thinking more of outfield players. I would be very worried if Gerken wasn't a "talker" although, to be honest, I would say that is a side of his game which is probably better than Brazil's number 1!!!

Carey is, at least since he's been played at centre-back, so much more than a hoofball defender. Certainly under Tinnion he was but now he has matured into a superb defender, up there with the best in this league at centre back IMO.

Archived