IGNORED

Lejsal Released - Official Sms

Funny how things turn out, I remember reading on here someone saying when Gerken signed that they couldn't see the point of the signing, should have just got in a loan keeper as back up for Basso and Henderson. Hindsight is a wonderful thing i know, but now it seems that Gerken is going to be first choice when the season starts.

Part of the sallary we are paying Gerken could have been spent on Basso and there woulden't have been a problem in the first place.

Gary Johnson spoke quite positively of Lejsal since he came on trial.

It also says on the website that we decided not to sign him after a medical.

This suggests we did want him and that something showed up in the medical....

Part of the sallary we are paying Gerken could have been spent on Basso and there woulden't have been a problem in the first place.

It would have been nothing short of outrageous if we had pushed the boat out anymore for Basso.

Quite frankly the notion that we were willing to make him the clubs top earner amazes me and with that in mind, im actually rather delighted he refused our offer.

Well it's a good thing we didn't sign him up as quickly as his club maybe wanted. We have been pushed into a corner and need cover but I'm glad we are taking our time at the moment and not making what could be a hasty, expensive mistake.

Either GJ's a fool for keeping a player on trial for two weeks without checking his fitness when we could have been looking at other targets, or he's lying (not for the first time), in which case God knows.

Either GJ's a fool for keeping a player on trial for two weeks without checking his fitness when we could have been looking at other targets, or he's lying (not for the first time), in which case God knows.

Make a player have a medical before he has decided he wants to sign him????

Maybe they should make all players that come on trial have a medical? :noexpression:

Make a player have a medical before he has decided he wants to sign him????

Maybe they should make all players that come on trial have a medical? :noexpression:

If Gary was that worried about his fitness as to put him through a stringent medical having played 3 matches already and trained for 2 weeks, you would have thought he would have tried to guage some assurance of his fitness before flying him 800 miles to get him here whilst we could have been chasing targets who might actually sign.

If Gary was that worried about his fitness as to put him through a stringent medical having played 3 matches already and trained for 2 weeks, you would have thought he would have tried to guage some assurance of his fitness before flying him 800 miles to get him here whilst we could have been chasing targets who might actually sign.

Fair comment and Lejsal certainly showed promise. He moved with economy, without the Hollywood aerobatics of Basso, but with the same safe result. I thought he would give us a safe alternative at a lower cost than Basso.

It appears it comes down to economics. We have Henderson and Gerken signed up, plus academy keepers for reserve matches. For me, thats enough, how rich a club are we ?

Fair comment and Lejsal certainly showed promise. He moved with economy, without the Hollywood aerobatics of Basso, but with the same safe result. I thought he would give us a safe alternative at a lower cost than Basso.

It appears it comes down to economics. We have Henderson and Gerken signed up, plus academy keepers for reserve matches. For me, thats enough, how rich a club are we ?

Hendersons injured, Gerken is from a relegated club and as of today has no back up; for me thats not enough.

In all fairness, Lejsal was also on trial at QPR and they decided not to pursue an interest, so maybe there is an underlying problem with Lejsal's long-term fitness,or maybe Brno moved the goalposts.

Either way it's premature to lay the blame at GJ's feet.

Let'snot forget who has let the club,his colleagues and the immensely loyal support down here, step forward Mr Adriano Basso.

We did not fly him over here for starters seeing as though he had a trial at QPR too.....

I dont think Gary Johnson was worried about his fitness - it is standard procedure to carry out a medical - it would be silly to sign someone, only to find that they are carrrying a injury which will stop them from playing long term

Archived