IGNORED

Boro V Sheff Utd

Nogbad the Bad

Anyone else watch it?

Two likely heavy weights of our division slugging out a 0-0 draw with few chances.

Interestingly the panel seemed convinced teams in our division need a physical presence up front and Middlesbro' will be alot more effective when they find one.

Bit worried on this showing whether City's team has enough bruisers to hold our own if our slick passing game doesn't destroy the opposition. Both these teams looked like they'll be very hard to beat.

Adam Johnson and near City signing Yeates impressed for Boro, Lita didn't, but the commentator seemed determined to praise him, as did the director who focussed the camera on him all the way off the pitch for no apparent reason.

I watched it, despite the lack of chances and goalless finish I thought it was a decent watch. Thought Boro looked very good in midfield, with Yeates & Johnson absolutely running the show.

Kilgallon impressed me for Sheff Utd, thought Emnes and Aliadiere looked very uninterested.

I watched it, despite the lack of chances and goalless finish I thought it was a decent watch. Thought Boro looked very good in midfield, with Yeates & Johnson absolutely running the show.

Kilgallon impressed me for Sheff Utd, thought Emnes and Aliadiere looked very uninterested.

Agreed.

Boro have forwards to come back of course providing they're not sold in the next few weeks.

I was trying to imagine the City team playing either of these 2 and did wonder if we have enough height and all round power in the present side to compete physically.

Both these teams seemed to gel quickly and start the season strongly and looking at their squads are liable to be consistent.

It'll be vital that the likes of Hartley, Haynes, Clarkson and Nyatanga hit the ground running if we're going to keep teams like these in our sights.

One or two late sales, Kilgallon, Wheater etc wouldn't go amiss, and from that showing Yeates would have been very handy on our left hand side.

Couple of impressions from that game.

1.I thought City can cope with Boro, but the Blades looked a stronger team and they'll be the team to beat.

2. Lita looked out of form, wasn't prepared to run much and fell over too easily.

Archived