IGNORED

Preston Match Thread

Nogbad the Bad

As expected City go with a 3-5-2 formation for their season opener at Preston North End.

Gary Johnson has stuck with the same team that started the final pre-season friendly against Wycombe Wanderers.

Transfer-listed Adriano Basso is on the bench, as is Lee Johnson following his recovery from an illness.

There is no Jamie McCombe due to knee injury.

Please note: Traffic has caused BBC Radio Bristol to be delayed en route to Deepdale. It is likely fans will have to tune into Preston's commentary via Player initially.

Preston North End: Lonergan; Mawene, St Ledger, Chaplow, Davidson; Wallace, Jones, Shumulikoski, Parry; Parkin, Mellor. Subs: Brown, Nicholson, Chilvers, W.Henderson, Nolan, S.Elliott, Sedgwick.

Bristol City: Gerken; Carey, Nyatanga, Fontaine; Orr, Elliott, Clarkson, Hartley, McAllister; Maynard, Haynes. Subs: Skuse, Sproule, Johnson, Akinde, Williams, Wilson, Basso

ah they announced it.

I missed a few but 3-4-1-2/3-5-2 formation again.

Gerken

Nayatanga

Carey

Fontaine

Orr

Mccallister

Elliot

Hartley

Maynard

Clarkson

Haynes was announced on the bench. missed the other name that was named in the team as I was loading something and it caused a bit of lag >.<

EDIT:

I'm now wondering if they announced it wrong on the radio as BCFC World has the line up as:

Dean Gerken

Louis Carey

Lewin Nyatanga

Liam Fontaine

Bradley Orr

Marvin Elliott

Paul Hartley

Jamie McAllister

David Clarkson

Nicky Maynard

Danny Haynes

Subs

Brian Wilson

Cole Skuse

Adriano Basso

Gavin Williams

John Akinde

Lee Johnson

Ivan Sproule

which is what I expected :S

Good on you Noggers for starting the first Match Thread this season!

Liking the look of the side, interesting bench too.

It states 3-5-2, but with Clarkson possibly playing 'in the hole' and with Orr and McAllister both able to play full back I guess it could end up either 5-3-2 or 3-4-3 depending on how the game ebbs and flows.

Let's all (even those of us behind keyboards) get behind the boys!

COME ON YOU REDS!

Good on you Noggers for starting the first Match Thread this season!

Liking the look of the side, interesting bench too.

It states 3-5-2, but with Clarkson possibly playing 'in the hole' and with Orr and McAllister both able to play full back I guess it could end up either 5-3-2 or 3-4-3 depending on how the game ebbs and flows.

Let's all (even those of us behind keyboards) get behind the boys!

COME ON YOU REDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Yep, let's get this match thread bouncing samo.

No long pauses, and hopefully plenty to celebrate.

Hot and sunny here in Bristol, but forecast was for rain in Preston - hopefully won't affect our slick passing game.

:chant6ez:COME ON YOU REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :chant6ez::city:

ah they announced it.

I missed a few but 3-4-1-2/3-5-2 formation again.

Gerken in goals

nayatanga carey fontaine cb's

orr rwb

mccallister lwb

elliot and hartley cm

maynard clarkson

haynes was on the bench. missed the other name

I'm now wondering if they announced it wrong on the radio as BCFC World has the line up as:

Dean Gerken

Louis Carey

Lewin Nyatanga

Liam Fontaine

Bradley Orr

Marvin Elliott

Paul Hartley

Jamie McAllister

David Clarkson

Nicky Maynard

Danny Haynes

Subs

Brian Wilson

Cole Skuse

Adriano Basso

Gavin Williams

John Akinde

Lee Johnson

Ivan Sproule

which is what i expected :S

Hats off to Johnson. I was worried....but has bought shrewdly, and it now looks like an establishd CCC team (with Basso to come back)...looks more balanced and creative.

Now go and change those home draws into wins and give those ignorant tools in the media sommat talk about.

UUUUU REDDDDS!

:winner_third_h4h:

:winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h:

Interesting that PNE have thrown their two new boy straight into the fray,as well as playing two defenders who've had their preseason disrupted by injury (thank to local commentary for the lowdown...); hopefully we can take advantage.

Sounding very in favour of Preston atm. Not much excitement for us as it is. Haynes sounds very up for it. He's got a foul against him and is running a lot apparently.

Another shot on the Bristol City goal, Gerkin saved. Then Parry had a shot and almost scored only for it to be blocked. Sounds like preston are dominating atm and getting the corners from it too >.<

COME ON CITY!!!

First bit of City pressure then, not much came of it.

Archived