IGNORED

Peter Halmosi

Gillies Downs Leeds

Just seen on sky sports news that Hull have agreed a fee with Reading for Stephen Hunt. Seeing as people are saying that we need a new left winger to replace McIndoe, what would you think of going for Peter Halmosi who will surely struggle to get into the Hull team now. I was always impressed with him when he was at Argyle. Thoughts?

A very good suggestion, but I expect Hull will want a fair whack for him. I wonder if we have £1.5-£2m to spend on a winger, especially as its clear 4-4-2 isn't going to be the first choice formation.

Taylor from Oldham was all the talk a few weeks ago. That's gone quiet but I reckon he'd be a more realistic left wing target.

completely off-topic but why is it that every player hull seem to be interested in and make progress towards signing end up at another club? Maybe they should look at our clubs policy on keeping targets as quiet as possible until they have signed that dotted line! Maybe things will be different with this one but it was not long ago when 'bigger' clubs were supposedly looking at stephen hunt.

Thing about Halmosi is, he has played left back too :englandsmile4wf:

so, if we did sign him he would be more willing than MM was to adapt his game for the good of the club...

No chance of it happening, but he would add a much more dynamic attacking flair to the left... something missing for a few seasons.

Archived