IGNORED

Why Sheffield And Not Us?

42 trumpton

Guest churchill gaffer
First off well done city, sounded like a well fought win.

Noticed that both sheffield teams were home on tuesday night, any ideas why both bristol clubs cant be home on the same day.

ps thank you mr lansdown for the coach offer.

The Police say! There are no arguments.

Sheffield policy is different to ours.

I don't know how far away their grounds are.

There are only so many Police

The area that Avon & Somerset police cover is a lot bigger than the area that South Yorkshire police cover. There are also slightly more people in Avon and Somerset. Most of Avon & Somerset is rural and there is also a lot of coastline. South Yorkshire is landlocked and mostly urban.

South Yorkshire police have more police officers, so it appears that the resources are more stretched down here.

The area that Avon & Somerset police cover is a lot bigger than the area that South Yorkshire police cover. There are also slightly more people in Avon and Somerset. Most of Avon & Somerset is rural and there is also a lot of coastline. South Yorkshire is landlocked and mostly urban.

South Yorkshire police have more police officers, so it appears that the resources are more stretched down here.

Thank you for the reply but, you cant tell me with a combined crowd of around 10,000 (if we were both at home for 1st round matchs) that the a&s police couldnt have coped.

My Dads a Wednesday fan and AFAIK they're very tough up their in regard to football and problems. A couple of years back they had to have their photo and other info printed on their membership and season tickets, not sure if that's still the case but I thought that was a bit rash for a membership. It's probably just better management and policing at the end of the day. Sheffield is a bigger city too.

Archived