IGNORED

Nightmare Manager

stawey

Guest ashtonyate
Bobby Gould is at the very edge of my memory as a City player but I remember he was a very good player for us. 15 goals in 35 games for us speaks for itself. OK, he messed up by managing the dreaded Gas but let's not forget that he was a good player for us.

I think Gould would have been good a long side Tinnion, and I still think Russell Osman did a Ok Job given the circumstances

Purely for our amusement (which is really all this thread's about anyway) why not widen the debate to include other key positions within the club?

That way, you could couple, say, Ken Bates as Chairman, or failing that the return of Les Kew (or even Stephen Kew, if he's still with us) with Gould as manager, and top it off with Peter Kenyon as Chief Exec.

That should get us back into League One pretty damn quick, whilst at the same time bankrupting the club and providing us with plenty to go ballistic about on the forum, which would please certain contributors who shall remain nameless.

Actually, while I'm at it, I might as well go for broke and replace the bloke who does the match day announcements. We could bring in that idiot who used to do the same job for Rovers, until he got sacked for making an unacceptable public remark over the Tannoy about Junior Bent. What was his name? Keith somebody or other? He'd go down a storm with the outfit I've mentioned above.

To be fair if you're going to do that you might as well just recruit everybody from Newcastle Utd.

And Sam Mason to do the matchday announcing.

Hadn't thought of that, Dan. Newcastle have pretty much cornered the market in incompetence, now you come to mention it. Just recruit the whole lot of 'em; save time. Good thinking. And Sam on the microphone is a masterstroke. You're better at this than I am. Nice one.

I'm better than you at picking incompetents? I don't think I've ever been quite so damned with faint praise! :)

And quicker-witted as well, it seems. Must be slowing down in my old age.

Would Peter Risdale in his Leeds "living the dream" incarnation run the present day Newcastle lot close, do you think? He cocked that up pretty spectacularly: they're still trying to recover, in fact. We could shortlist him, along with Ashley et al, and put ourselves on the interview panel. That'd be an entertaining experience.

Archived