IGNORED

Boycott The S*n

'Orns

This may already been on one of the many threads somewhere, but I've just seen Sean Custis call Bristol City 'a disgrace' on SSN. How can anyone who works for that rag call anyone else a disgrace?

Now, I've probably paid for The S*n about 10 times in my life, probably to look at boobies or something - that's how little I think of that paper, but never again.

I really hope the club sues someone over all the crap coming our way today. The ref is there to make decisions, not GJ or the players. Just hope that when the referee's report comes out the 'goal' wasn't awarded due to a push, wonder if Colin will make an apology then?

Shit bloke, shit club. If I didn't hate them before..........

This may already been on one of the many threads somewhere, but I've just seen Sean Custis call Bristol City 'a disgrace' on SSN. How can anyone who works for that rag call anyone else a disgrace?

Now, I've probably paid for The S*n about 10 times in my life, probably to look at boobies or something - that's how little I think of that paper, but never again.

I really hope the club sues someone over all the crap coming our way today. The ref is there to make decisions, not GJ or the players. Just hope that when the referee's report comes out the 'goal' wasn't awarded due to a push, wonder if Colin will make an apology then?

Totally agree. Mr Custis, you are a total ***** and how about you think before you speak?? I know the Sun doesn't encourage such behaviour as thinking before you speak, but how about you wake-up and realise you have a responsibility as a journalist offering your opinion to the nation....

If we had a "walk-in goal" for this one, then they return it for Hartleys offside, where will it end?? A walk in goal every other game? Why bother with refs?? Lets just officiate the game between the managers?! Tosser.

Isn't Dominic Mohan, the editor of The Sun, a City fan??.... I wonder what he thinks of this **** saying that

DM indeed is the editor of the rag and is a very big City fan and is found on the terraces when City visit London. To call us cheats is nothing short of libelous in my opinion.

Yep, I agree, I used to quite enjoy listening to Shaun Custis in the mornings on Sky Sports News, but I wont be now, what a p####. I also wont be buying the sun while that nob continues to write for em. I can picture Bristol City being slated in that paper from here on in all season.

We are a disgrace?

Does he thinks Warnock would of turned around and said "yes ref it was a goal, please give it against us" if the boot was on the other foot?

They failed to mention that we too had a perfectly good goal ruled out - whats the difference?

Agree with all the above

My comments from the other thread: http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...t&p=1126202

Just seen a recap of that Sky Sunday Supplement round table and journalists are sitting around calling us cheats and a disgrace. Even they seem to be delusional in believing there is some precedent we have failed to follow. What on earth has got into these people? What have we not done that other clubs have done? When did Man Utd, who these same journalists all salivate over, score an own goal to make up for Pedro Mendes obvious 35 yarder which Roy Carroll knew was a goal?

The only injustice which has generated make up goals were goals given that weren't deserved. Where do these imbeciles get off jumping on this misguided bandwagon that we've not done something that others would have done. There isn't a club in the land that has set a positive precedent on the issue of disallowed goals yet - sick to the stomach though it makes me feel - we actually have a manager who has done something positive like that when there was a precedent on another matter.

Suddenly these cretins in the national media have a cheap provincial target to demonize over normal behaviour they wouldn't dream of complaining about were it to come from their normal obsessions. When golden boy Steven Gerrard is diving all over the place and not admitting his gamesmanship in winning advantage, these clowns simply wax lyrical and cream themselves about people and clubs like him. But suddenly upstarts like us and there's a chance to actually give a ****.

Football journalists wouldn't know integrity or consistency if it smacked them in the face, which I wish it bloody would.

What the hell has yesterdays incidents got to do with us as a football club. For christ sake, to ask us to allow them walk down and score a free goal when it would have been 0-0 to make it 0-1 would have been riduclous. The officials decided it be disallowed not us. Warnock wouldn't do it, Wanock would have said yes to a replay so the muppet should just shut up and put up.

So why has this prat decided to call us a disgrace, the ****?

Palaces arguement is now with the FA and should not have anything to do with Bristol City Football Club.

MM

The blokes only voicing his opinion and saying what he thinks, it's a free world and he is paid to write what he thinks at the end of the day. Just because you don't agree with him doesn't make him wrong or right.
So does that mean if I tell a lie but it's my opinion then it's not a lie?

Guest clevedonred
The blokes only voicing his opinion and saying what he thinks, it's a free world and he is paid to write what he thinks at the end of the day. Just because you don't agree with him doesn't make him wrong or right.

It does when he seems to be deliberately trying to ruin the reputation of an honest football club

So you agree with him calling City 'cheats' for a decision that is out of our hands?

That may be his opinion, but doesn't mean it's correct.

So you agree with him calling City 'cheats' for a decision that is out of our hands?

That may be his opinion, but doesn't mean it's correct.

If our players knew it was a goal and so did our management and were unsporting then it is a form of cheating, however if the Linesman has told them the goal was disallowed for an infringement then they haven't have they. It all depends what it wasn't given for. But if it's because they didn't see it go in and our players and staff knew that it was a goal, then it is a form of cheating. That doesn't mean what we have done is anything different to what any club has done in the past or would do in that situation, but neither does it mean what we done was right.

If our players knew it was a goal and so did our management and were unsporting then it is a form of cheating, however if the Linesman has told them the goal was disallowed for an infringement then they haven't have they. It all depends what it wasn't given for. But if it's because they didn't see it go in and our players and staff knew that it was a goal, then it is a form of cheating. That doesn't mean what we have done is anything different to what any club has done in the past or would do in that situation, but neither does it mean what we done was right.

It sounds like the players think there was a push in the build up, and that is why they think it was disallowed. I wasn't at the game, how did the game restart? That should be a clue.

Most of us have played football at whatever level, you're told to play to the whistle - that's what our lads did.

Restarted with a Goal Kick according to the match report.

The official comment in the press report was;

Shot from Sears, strikes the post. Kicked into touch.

Game restarts with a Goal Kick.

I guess we'll see when the report comes out then!

I'm not saying it's a good decision, but for Custis to call us 'cheats' is bang out of order. I really hope someone is serving him some papers tomorrow morning.

Guest clevedonred
Restarted with a Goal Kick according to the match report.

The official comment in the press report was;

Shot from Sears, strikes the post. Kicked into touch.

Game restarts with a Goal Kick.

In which case that would be why it was disallowed, warnock needs to suck it up. if they weren't good enough to score again they didn't deserve to win. Also you could say if they had "scored" we would have upped our game or the same could be said for them.

Guest bigcheese

Had a side on view myself, saw Sears about to score, heard a post noise and then ball is back on the pitch

and the net has not even moved so it was all a bit surreal.

But of course now that everyone has seen it 20 times on TV it is so obvious but in the moment everyone

sees different things.. I guess the hacks just write stories from what they see on TV. I didn't feel the event

was so black & white at the time personally..

:fastasleep:

Guest clevedonred

isn't it funny how after we beat palace in the play off's two seasons ago. We had the front and back pages all to ourselves obviously DM has been bound and gagged in the back room

He claims to be a journalist (though how that word and The Sun get in the same sentence defeats me). He wasn't at the game, (and indeed unlikely to know how to find his way to AG since he is another Prem whore, part of a seedy group making money off the back of another seedy group) did not bother to establish the full facts or the other side of the story then chose to pronounce on our guilt. Otherwise, fine.

Guest MaloneFM
DM indeed is the editor of the rag and is a very big City fan and is found on the terraces when City visit London. To call us cheats is nothing short of libelous in my opinion.

Its Rebekah Wade and she's married to one of those Mitchell Brothers off Eastenders. Gary Kemp or Martin, one of them. Who was the one in Duran Duran?

Anyway.

Many others including me began boycotting The Sun after the 'Hillsborough-The Truth' headline accused supporters of stealing from corpses on the pitch and urinating on the emergency services as they fought to save football supporters lives. This boycott includes the News Of The World and The Times and Sunday Times.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2004/jul/0...shing.football1

It may have been at Sheffield. It may have been Liverpool supporters. But it could very well have been any supporters at any ground.

Justice for the 96.

Archived