IGNORED

New Target Man

internetjef

any suggestions

looks liek velicka is gonna be out

PFA transfer lsit has the following strikers down

Henri Camara (probv wouldnt touch us)

Sibierski (was a bit rubbish for norwich so prob not good enough)

Pericard (drives fast :laugh:)

Connoly (not a target man)

Prob more likely we will go in for another loan though.

any suggestions?

Now Velicka appears to be out long term, the gap will need filling in the squad. Two loanee possibilities:

1.Chris Killen, experienced target-man surplus to requirements at Celtic. On loan to Norwich last season but should not be judged on his performances for an ailing side.

2. Felipe Caicedo, highly promising fringe player at big-spending Man City. Powerful striker who finished last season well but he is only 21 so does not provide the experience GJ clearly feels we need up front.

Any ideas?

Now Velicka appears to be out long term, the gap will need filling in the squad. Two loanee possibilities:

1.Chris Killen, experienced target-man surplus to requirements at Celtic. On loan to Norwich last season but should not be judged on his performances for an ailing side.

2. Felipe Caicedo, highly promising fringe player at big-spending Man City. Powerful striker who finished last season well but he is only 21 so does not provide the experience GJ clearly feels we need up front.

Any ideas?

is this a guess the striker thread??

Caicedo has already joined Sporting Lisbon ona season long loan

any suggestions

any suggestions?

I would suggest we don't need to bring in another striker at all.. and especially not a 'target man'.

We looked much better last night playing football on the floor and when we did hit it long we tended to lose possession.

but what if we pick up an injury/suspension again which will happend at some point

maybe big John could get a bit more action but realsitically we need more cover. doesnt have to effect forst 11 we just need the option on the bench

I never want to see sproule up front again :laugh:!

but what if we pick up an injury/suspension again which will happend at some point

maybe big John could get a bit more action but realsitically we need more cover. doesnt have to effect forst 11 we just need the option on the bench

I never want to see sproule up front again :laugh:!

It will be tricky to bring someone in with championship quality who doesn't mind being a 4th or 5th choice striker.

You're probably right though, an extra option is always handy

I would suggest we don't need to bring in another striker at all.. and especially not a 'target man'.

We looked much better last night playing football on the floor and when we did hit it long we tended to lose possession.

I much prefer to see us play footie on the deck but sometimes against teams of the 'colin' mentality a physical presence is unfortunately necessary. This was illustrated by our second half performance on saturday when Akinde was introduced.

Rory Fallon

As much as i hate to admitt it i actually would be pleased if we signed Fallon, everyone has there own opinions on him (many i know think he wouldnt be any better than what we have in Akinde) but theres a part of me that thinks he would be decent. As we all know he seems to save his best performences to when he plays us..

Could be a decent shout, what do other people make of him?

I'd like to see us bring in another centre forward, but not a classic target man. However it might not be a bad thing if we can't since it will stop GJ from doing his usual merry go round selections up front and we might see some good partnerships develop.

I'm more concerned that we sign a proper replacement for McIndoe because this wing back lark is unlikely to last more than a few games before it is consistently countered.

As much as i hate to admitt it i actually would be pleased if we signed Fallon, everyone has there own opinions on him (many i know think he wouldnt be any better than what we have in Akinde) but theres a part of me that thinks he would be decent. As we all know he seems to save his best performences to when he plays us..

Could be a decent shout, what do other people make of him?

Unlikely. He's first choice at Plymouth

I'd like to see us bring in another centre forward, but not a classic target man. However it might not be a bad thing if we can't since it will stop GJ from doing his usual merry go round selections up front and we might see some good partnerships develop.

I'm more concerned that we sign a proper replacement for McIndoe because this wing back lark is unlikely to last more than a few games before it is consistently countered.

And it leaves us with only one other realistic option...going 4-3-3. It seem's we haven't got the ability/depth (dunno whats the right word?) with our squad at the moment to revert/change to a 4-4-2 if required.

I thought maybe Blackman may be the LW on the bench should we need to change to a 4-4-2 or similar but judging by the fact he wasn't even on the bench lastnight...i guess he's not (heard no word on any injury).

I feel it's important someone is added here...even if they are just a simple squad player...just so we have the option to switch to a more orthodox formation with wide men when the wing back route isn't working.

any suggestions

any suggestions?

I wouldnt touch Henri Camara! It's been years since he's done anything of note.

I'm surprised we didn't go in for Lita when he was available on a free, could have built him back up then sold him for good money again!

I wouldnt touch Henri Camara! It's been years since he's done anything of note.

I'm surprised we didn't go in for Lita when he was available on a free, could have built him back up then sold him for good money again!

forget lita he was a problem before and he wouldnt last 5 mins with GJ

he has to much luggage on and of the field

what about trying to get david healy on loan dont think he will get much of a chance at sunderland now they have bent

Not a bad idea, I'm convinced that at the right club Healy could score bucketloads. Think our style of play would suit him as well, only problem is he would probably need a bit of time and lot of first team action to get back to his best after spending so long on the bench at Sunderland and Fulham.

I see Haynes and Maynard as 1st choice this season. Said it before but if Haynes, Maynard or Clarkson gets injured we could use Trundle if he doesn't leave in the hole and push Clarkson forward but do feel we need someone who can really mix it against teams like Palace. Not sure Akinde is up to it yet.

Guest churchill gaffer
any suggestions

any suggestions?

Are wages going to be available? We are still paying Velicka's wages for a year.

Are wages going to be available? We are still paying Velicka's wages for a year.
I think thereis likely to be a agreement in the contract between us and Rangers incase a injury did happen or he would have been insured or something.

I see Haynes and Maynard as 1st choice this season. Said it before but if Haynes, Maynard or Clarkson gets injured we could use Trundle if he doesn't leave in the hole and push Clarkson forward but do feel we need someone who can really mix it against teams like Palace. Not sure Akinde is up to it yet.

Palace couldnt even handle him Saturday, had to hack him down to start him scoring

Archived