IGNORED

New Fans Restaurant In The Dolman

CodeRed

I had to read the article on BCFC three times because I couldn't believe the sheer audacity of the price!

So for £45 - yes FORTY FIVE pounds - you get basically

A plate of food!

Oh and a half time cup of tea and a programme

The full package consists of:

* A one course fork buffet

* half time refreshment (ie a cup of tea or coffee)

* post match nibbles (ie a few bowls of crisps)

* a programme (wow)

Your match ticket is on top of the £45! so £45 + £28 = £73 - If you are a S/T holder you sit in your usual seat and simply pay the £45 for the plate of buffet food.

You also "get" the following which are - of course - free anyway to anyone with a S/T who sits in the Dolman

* Plasma TV screen with sky sports

* the facility to place a bet

* cash bar

So let me see I can

a) go to the pub, have a few pints of real ale and pick up a Clarks pasty for £1.40 - total < £10 (& then take my Dolman seat)

b) pay £45 + £3 a pint for crap "beer" - total > £55 ((& then take my Dolman seat)

Tough choice isn't it

Of course no one's forcing anybody to go and we can all spend our money as we wish but the though process behind the charges and the attitude that we "punters" are there to be milked dry simply because we love BCFC is - in my view distasteful.

I also read yesterday that Burnley have given a FREE - yes FREE - season ticket to everyone who bought one last season as a thank you for their loyal support through difficult times.

CR

The club are simply trying to generate as much income through hospitality as possible. Quite right to.

The problem with the 'Gold' bar in the Dolman Hall is that there is no direct access to the stadium unlike the Williams. Plus the toilet facilities are inadequate. You have to share with the ST holders in the main DEH which means that there always a queue.

Like you I wouldn't be remotely interested in forking out £45 for a plate of grub but there must those who would. I'm sure the club have done their homework.

I doubt that they did with regard to the MoM £1.50 + normal text charges . I'd love to know how many fans actually bothered to text in. It would amusing to know that Elliot was voted Mom after 3 texts were recieved..... :rofl2br:

I also read yesterday that Burnley have given a FREE - yes FREE - season ticket to everyone who bought one last season as a thank you for their loyal support through difficult times.

Indeed, and their "difficult times" include being promoted to Division One for the first time in 33 years. How I wish all teams did something to reward their fans through similarly tough times...

The early-80's fans who carried on buying season tickets whilst being relegated three times in consecutive seasons, survived going out of business, endured one of the worst recessions in history and had to live with Thatcher as PM, should have been given free entry for life!

I had to read the article on BCFC three times because I couldn't believe the sheer audacity of the price!

So for £45 - yes FORTY FIVE pounds - you get basically

A plate of food!

Oh and a half time cup of tea and a programme

The full package consists of:

* A one course fork buffet

* half time refreshment (ie a cup of tea or coffee)

* post match nibbles (ie a few bowls of crisps)

* a programme (wow)

Your match ticket is on top of the £45! so £45 + £28 = £73 - If you are a S/T holder you sit in your usual seat and simply pay the £45 for the plate of buffet food.

You also "get" the following which are - of course - free anyway to anyone with a S/T who sits in the Dolman

* Plasma TV screen with sky sports

* the facility to place a bet

* cash bar

So let me see I can

a) go to the pub, have a few pints of real ale and pick up a Clarks pasty for £1.40 - total < £10 (& then take my Dolman seat)

b) pay £45 + £3 a pint for crap "beer" - total > £55 ((& then take my Dolman seat)

Tough choice isn't it

Of course no one's forcing anybody to go and we can all spend our money as we wish but the though process behind the charges and the attitude that we "punters" are there to be milked dry simply because we love BCFC is - in my view distasteful.

CR

I was about to post something similar, but I think we've read it slightly differently... It does say it includes Dolman seating for the match.

Now due to the way I've read it, my issue is the fact that it's £45 for Season Ticket Holders, which means that you've already bought your ticket....and £45 for NON-season ticket holders, which means that you haven't. Surely it should be heavily discounted for Season Ticket holders shouldn't it? What am I missing here?!?

Indeed, and their "difficult times" include being promoted to Division One for the first time in 33 years. How I wish all teams did something to reward their fans through similarly tough times...

The early-80's fans who carried on buying season tickets whilst being relegated three times in consecutive seasons, survived going out of business, endured one of the worst recessions in history and had to live with Thatcher as PM, should have been given free entry for life!

Doesn't that just increase the kindness of the gesture? At a time when a club could cash in with hugely increaced season ticket prices, putting a little bit more cash in their pockets during these 'tough times', they instead decide to reward loyal fans, giving them a slightly easier time

Now this all of course assumes CodeRed was refering to the more widely acknowldged 'tough times' of a worldwide recession, rather than that completely insular view looking within the game itself...

... who ever said there was more to life than football?

If the club REALLY want to earn more money and maximise revenue then they should seriously consider the following in light of attendances so far in these recessionary times:-

1) Reduce the POTD walk up ticket prices

2) Introduce 5 for 4 block match ticket deals or similar

3) Reduce prices significantly for Barnsley, S****horpe and Blackpool (the more people we can get in the ground to give Holloway what he really deserves, the better) or introduce a 3 match special deal for these games at knock-down prices (either that or don't bl00dy moan when we only have 11½-12K in the gaff)

£45 for a plate of food is not going to buy the next Nicky Maynard unless we can persuade 8,000 to have it every week!!

Doesn't that just increase the kindness of the gesture? At a time when a club could cash in with hugely increaced season ticket prices, putting a little bit more cash in their pockets during these 'tough times', they instead decide to reward loyal fans, giving them a slightly easier time

Now this all of course assumes CodeRed was refering to the more widely acknowldged 'tough times' of a worldwide recession, rather than that completely insular view looking within the game itself...

... who ever said there was more to life than football?

Your first argument has a basic flaw in it. Had I had to pay, say £750 for me and my boy to sit in the Williams rather than £500 because Steve Lansdown wanted to cash in then the club would have lost £500 less the income from a few matches that we did attend as we would not have been buying season tickets. I'm sure I'm not alone there either.

Therefore the club has never been in a position to "cash in".

Your first argument has a basic flaw in it. Had I had to pay, say £750 for me and my boy to sit in the Williams rather than £500 because Steve Lansdown wanted to cash in then the club would have lost £500 less the income from a few matches that we did attend as we would not have been buying season tickets. I'm sure I'm not alone there either.

Therefore the club has never been in a position to "cash in".

However the lure of watching Premier League football in your own city would surely see those refusing to pay inflated prices quickly replaced by glory hunting fans.

In a city of 700,000, with the attraction of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal; I'm sure someone would buy the tickets

Didn't city have a big drive for selling season tickets pre playoff final 2 seasons ago, with the marketing based around buy now secure for the prem season (no doubt to have fans in for if we missed out). I'm not the only person who believes that a 20,000 seat stadium would be mainly season tickets in the top flight

Not naming names, but I work in a very respectable Bristol hotel and even they wouldnt dare charge £45quid pp for a buffet and a cup of tea.

The way to make money is to reduce potd prices for the less attractive games and pack out the gate. lets be hounest, a father and son aren't going to attend s****horpe when your looking at the best part of £40, not including food and beer.

I was about to post something similar, but I think we've read it slightly differently... It does say it includes Dolman seating for the match.

Now due to the way I've read it, my issue is the fact that it's £45 for Season Ticket Holders, which means that you've already bought your ticket....and £45 for NON-season ticket holders, which means that you haven't. Surely it should be heavily discounted for Season Ticket holders shouldn't it? What am I missing here?!?

It's more than likely just a typo with the pricing.

It's more than likely just a typo with the pricing.

I don't know what you mean by that - but just to be absolutely clear - The price is:

For season card holders: £45

For non-season card holders £45 PLUS your match ticket

As quoted directly from the original article on the OS

So the £45 just covers the one course hot buffet, a programme, a cup of tea , a few crisps plus the opportunity to buy poor quality beer at inflated prices and watch television. Providing you dress smartly enough to be allowed in!

As Robored pointed out - presumably you would still have to queue in the main hall for the toilets and have to leave early enough to get through the turnstiles in time to take your seat.

On the particular issue of the restaurant I don't really care - as I won't be taking up this offer!

But - on the wider issue it does distress me that the club seem to think it's ok to dream up more and more ways to extort money from fans who have - for the most part - been loyal and supportive to BCFC.

From the ticket prices (one of the dearest in the CCC) £3 pie, £4 hot dog, £3 pint, £16 Cardiff coach, £1.50 to text MOM,

Booking fees, etc etc. To me the policy on (any) pricing seems to be based on one overidding policy : "How much can we possibly get away with charging"

Still - enjoy while you can - we ain't seen nothing yet. The new stadium will bring many more new and greater "opportunities"

CR

I don't know what you mean by that - but just to be absolutely clear - The price is:

For season card holders: £45

For non-season card holders £45 PLUS your match ticket

As quoted directly from the original article on the OS

So the £45 just covers the one course hot buffet, a programme, a cup of tea , a few crisps plus the opportunity to buy poor quality beer at inflated prices and watch television. Providing you dress smartly enough to be allowed in!

As Robored pointed out - presumably you would still have to queue in the main hall for the toilets and have to leave early enough to get through the turnstiles in time to take your seat.

On the particular issue of the restaurant I don't really care - as I won't be taking up this offer!

But - on the wider issue it does distress me that the club seem to think it's ok to dream up more and more ways to extort money from fans who have - for the most part - been loyal and supportive to BCFC.

From the ticket prices (one of the dearest in the CCC) £3 pie, £4 hot dog, £3 pint, £16 Cardiff coach, £1.50 to text MOM,

Booking fees, etc etc. To me the policy on (any) pricing seems to be based on one overidding policy : "How much can we possibly get away with charging"

Still - enjoy while you can - we ain't seen nothing yet. The new stadium will bring many more new and greater "opportunities"

CR

Yeah, apologies. I misread it.

So just to clear things up on this quite silly offer....If you have a ST in the eastend, you cant take up on this oppurtunity? same as the atyeo and williams?

Also i still cant believe they charge £18 for a u-16 ticket in the upper Dolman. Plymouth, derby etc...u-16 tickets are priced at £7.

Archived