IGNORED

Cardiff A Class Above?

Robbored

yes and he is getting his chance with us to do just that i would rather see akinde come on than trundle who would be our only other striker left yes akinde is raw but would benefit more staying with us coming off the bench than going to league 1

League One is a physical league Akinde will benefit by scoring goals in the division and coming back to us brimming with confidence. He will also have that little bit more experience which will help him in the long run.

League One is a physical league Akinde will benefit by scoring goals in the division and coming back to us brimming with confidence. He will also have that little bit more experience which will help him in the long run.

he is getting more experience coming on from the bench playing at championship level there is nothing wrong with his physical side of his game he showed great strength against palarse and glimpses today at this moment in time he is better with us then he would be out on loan

Watched the game on Sky and like everyone else I'm disapointed with todays result.

Just a few observations - Cardiff played very well. They were very sharpe going forward with players running at our back four causing problems. They were quicker to the ball, playing at a higher tempo and over running City for much of the game. They have some quality in Burke, Chopra and Bothroyd and after the first 10mins never looked like losing the game. City could have been 4 or 5 down at half time if it were not for Gerkin.

City were sluggish all game, couldn't get any momentum going and resulted to long ball after long ball. The midfield looked under cooked particularly Hartley who kept giving the ball away. Zero service to Maynard and Haynes and apart from hitting the post City didn't threaten. I know City were hit with illness and injuries but thats what having a deep squad is for.

I can't decide whether City allowed Cardiff to look good with a poor performance or whether Cardiff really are that good.

Thankfully City have a midweek game. Wouldn't want to go into the Boro game on the back of a peformance like todays.

Both I think, I also think on a personal note Mcombe and Wilson are out of their depths, Both looked weak and Wilson is very negative and offers nothing whatsoever going forward. We still haven't got a good wide supply and that was evident when Akinde came on, Basically we have the basis of a good side, But lack good crosses from the wings especially.

he is getting more experience coming on from the bench playing at championship level there is nothing wrong with his physical side of his game he showed great strength against palarse and glimpses today at this moment in time he is better with us then he would be out on loan

Don't agree you can tell he doesn't put his weight about. He definetly won't score many goals in this division this again will have a bad impact on the players confidence.

Both I think, I also think on a personal note Mcombe and Wilson are out of their depths, Both looked weak and Wilson is very negative and offers nothing whatsoever going forward. We still haven't got a good wide supply and that was evident when Akinde came on, Basically we have the basis of a good side, But lack good crosses from the wings especially.

Wilson was poor, agreed, but remember he has been out an awful long time and to come back in our biggest game, live on sky, against that winger who was really good (Burk i think) in a derby and he wasn't as shocking as many are making out.

But McCombe for me was a rock. He looked much better tuesday night with another two centre backs around him but even today he was our man of the match. His distribution although still not great has improved. He is a great player to have in the squad.

Don't agree you can tell he doesn't put his weight about. He definetly won't score many goals in this division this again will have a bad impact on the players confidence.

sory but your chatting shit he was excellent when he came on against palarse he won countless headers and looked dangerous when running at there defenders and today he did more than alot of the players who started he will get better and better

Brian wilson is a great utility player at this level and i think he can play well. Hes good on the ball, has a million positions he can play in, good tackler, strong. Yes in short im happy with him in the squad. Hes our John O'Shea.

Jamie McCombe was our man of the match today! I know thats not saying much but hes great to have at this level! Hes big, powerful, a threat at set-pieces and a great man marker i just think he plays better alongside Carey.

Lee Johnson for me is a good player but when he has more support in the midfield however i wouldnt build my team around him. Hes good to have in the squad and tries to get us playing the Bristol City way.

Jamie McAllister is a great left back in my opinion. Nobody seems to like him but i think his left foot is good for set pieces, hes good on the ball and can play a good long pass. Hes quite strong, his positional sense is good. He tries to get forward and put a ball in.

To be honest all these players were playing the year we got to the play-off final! One win from the Premier League and helped us finish tenth last year. I know wer talking about the past but it shows they can do a job at this level.

Reality? Out of our first five games we have won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1. Not bad eh!?

Disagree with you completely, your views on those players seem massively charitable to me.

Wilson is a right midfielder who is mediocre going forward but can't tackle or defend and positionally is abysmal. He is nowhere near good enough for this level.

McCombe is a weak link in a back four at this level and cost us two goals today, he cannot pass and gets done on the floor too often.

Lee Johnson is an ok passer who does nothing else and cannot play in a central pair because he cannot do anything defensively. He passes the buck too often putting his team mates under pressure and opposing midfielders can literally walk the ball past him.

McAllister is an ok left back defensively who hoofs it too much to little effect and is screwed if anyone puts him on his right foot. He can his a decent cross but his passing is poor and he loses his head.

Those four plus Sproule are the weak end of our squad (first year pros aside) that we need to replace if we want to improve.

sory but your chatting shit he was excellent when he came on against palarse he won countless headers and looked dangerous when running at there defenders and today he did more than alot of the players who started he will get better and better

He did one good through ball today and lost countless balls in the air. The player is 6 ft 2 inches tall and he didn't win a single header. To put it simple he needs more time to develop and we need somebody in the Marcus Bent mould. Experience is what we need up front Akinde does not have experience.

Disagree with you completely, your views on those players seem massively charitable to me.

Wilson is a right midfielder who is mediocre going forward but can't tackle or defend and positionally is abysmal. He is nowhere near good enough for this level.

McCombe is a weak link in a back four at this level and cost us two goals today, he cannot pass and gets done on the floor too often.

Lee Johnson is an ok passer who does nothing else and cannot play in a central pair because he cannot do anything defensively. He passes the buck too often putting his team mates under pressure and opposing midfielders can literally walk the ball past him.

McAllister is an ok left back defensively who hoofs it too much to little effect and is screwed if anyone puts him on his right foot. He can his a decent cross but his passing is poor and he loses his head.

Those four plus Sproule are the weak end of our squad (first year pros aside) that we need to replace if we want to improve.

Agreed but they aren't sooo bad to to have they cant play at this level at all and they must be replaced.

To be honest we should just agree to disagree. I think they all have their qualities and are useful at this level.

He did one good through ball today and lost countless balls in the air. The player is 6 ft 2 inches tall and he didn't win a single header. To put it simple he needs more time to develop and we need somebody in the Marcus Bent mould. Experience is what we need up front Akinde does not have experience.

does that mean maynard and haynes need to go on loan aswell because they poor today

marcus bent is shite and i would be unhappy if we signed him there are much better players than him i would rather we signed harewood

Agreed but they aren't sooo bad to to have they cant play at this level at all and they must be replaced.

To be honest we should just agree to disagree. I think they all have their qualities and are useful at this level.

They can play at this level but if they do in our team regularly we will be no better than mid table.

does that mean maynard and haynes need to go on loan aswell because they poor today

marcus bent is shite and i would be unhappy if we signed him there are much better players than him i would rather we signed harewood

Harewood we could not possibly afford. The reason I say Marcus Bent is because we need experience look at how old our front line is. All we were doing from defence was hoofing it so if we hoof it lets have a player that can take advantage of the long balls and make something happen.

Harewood we could not possibly afford. The reason I say Marcus Bent is because we need experience look at how old our front line is. All we were doing from defence was hoofing it so if we hoof it lets have a player that can take advantage of the long balls and make something happen.

marcus bent aint a target man and he isn't that quick im sure we could easily get harewood on loan

marcus bent aint a target man and he isn't that quick im sure we could easily get harewood on loan

Harewood's wages are 25,000 per week you really think we can afford that? We need someone with experience if we aren't going to get a target man and thats what Marcus Bent is experienced. He has a good record at Championship level could you think of anyone better City could sign?

Harewood's wages are 25,000 per week you really think we can afford that? We need someone with experience if we aren't going to get a target man and thats what Marcus Bent is experienced. He has a good record at Championship level could you think of anyone better City could sign?

there are loads better we could get on loan just look at most prem squads they have 4 or 5 decent strikers per team who wont be playing regular football we could easily loan them and they will be better than bent

there are loads better we could get on loan just look at most prem squads they have 4 or 5 decent strikers per team who wont be playing regular football we could easily loan them and they will be better than bent

Could you name these players as I don't think many more will be available.

I really don't think we made the most of waht we had today, we didn't pick the correct personnel to do the job and our tacticts were innept, if we would have played to our best we would have given them again, bringing in loan players wont make a difference if we play with the tactical ineptitude of today.

The formation we played today, well Barcelona would have struggled.

i think tactically Johnson got it wrong. 4-3-3 was not the formation to play away at Cardiff. Midfield was totally overun, LJ was terrible and Marv and Hartley not much better. McCombe is a cart horse at the best of times. I think the change in formation was a terrible mistake along with McCombes 'long ball' passing up to our nippy forwards. Totally out classed.

i think tactically Johnson got it wrong. 4-3-3 was not the formation to play away at Cardiff. Midfield was totally overun, LJ was terrible and Marv and Hartley not much better. McCombe is a cart horse at the best of times. I think the change in formation was a terrible mistake along with McCombes 'long ball' passing up to our nippy forwards. Totally out classed.

I think your analysis is spot on there, albeit i think the formation change was forced upon Johnson after losing Nyatanga and Orr. Johnson in the midfield three left us under protected at the back as he has a nasty habit of not pressurising the opposition players allowing them to much freedom to move the ball into dangerous positions, which is what happened today with disastrous consequences. McCombe is like a lamp post with legs and just cannot deal with the opposition's movement or indeed a quick ball across the six yard box.

All round today was a bad day at the office so we must'nt go over the top, coupled with Cardiff clearly being a very good team, but the players who came in today did themselves no favours.

So, where are our wingers?

Crap performance with absolutely no width whatsoever. I felt sorry for Maynard, Haynes and Clarkson because they got zero service today.

Cardiff showed us how to play footy with their right winger, Burke, being particularly impressive. Having said that they looked vulnerable at times but our build up play was way too slow and we relied on the long ball to two little ones too many times.

I've also gotta say I don't really understand the criticism McCombe is getting- the first goal was unfortunate but if you want to find a culprit for that you can look at McAllister fannying about with the ball near our goal, not helped by Gerkins poor throw.

In summary, a total waste of a day, poor tactics, poor performance and poor away numbers- but I don't blame you because today might have been the last bubble trip I go on.

Watched the game on Sky and like everyone else I'm disapointed with todays result.

Just a few observations - Cardiff played very well. They were very sharpe going forward with players running at our back four causing problems. They were quicker to the ball, playing at a higher tempo and over running City for much of the game. They have some quality in Burke, Chopra and Bothroyd and after the first 10mins never looked like losing the game. City could have been 4 or 5 down at half time if it were not for Gerkin.

City were sluggish all game, couldn't get any momentum going and resulted to long ball after long ball. The midfield looked under cooked particularly Hartley who kept giving the ball away. Zero service to Maynard and Haynes and apart from hitting the post City didn't threaten. I know City were hit with illness and injuries but thats what having a deep squad is for.

I can't decide whether City allowed Cardiff to look good with a poor performance or whether Cardiff really are that good.

Thankfully City have a midweek game. Wouldn't want to go into the Boro game on the back of a peformance like todays.

We where not second best on the day - we where well beaten. Long balls on short short forwards because we do not play Gavin Williams, the only offensive creative midfielder we got at the club. Playing McAllister and Johnson as wingers don't help a pence.

Definitely a day to forget, but I think we are capable of playing as well as they did today!!

I can't see that myself. When was the last time we dominated a game from start to finish like that winning 3-0? We normally only play well for 45 minutes or an hour at most- just wish we could control games for the whole thing. It just showed that if 3-5-2 isn't available and goes wrong, we have no back-up. I would really appeal to GJ to buy a decent left winger so we can at least play 4-4-2 against a tough side like them.

I can't see that myself. When was the last time we dominated a game from start to finish like that winning 3-0? We normally only play well for 45 minutes or an hour at most- just wish we could control games for the whole thing. It just showed that if 3-5-2 isn't available and goes wrong, we have no back-up. I would really appeal to GJ to buy a decent left winger so we can at least play 4-4-2 against a tough side like them.

As we know Johnson usually wants the team to sit on a one goal advantage so it's unlikely we will see a 3 nil win for some time.

Archived