IGNORED

Who's Impressed You The Most?

Lack of Action Man

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think every summer signing has impressed me, even Blackman looked decent considering his age and experience at Brentford.

My vote had to go to Gerken though, when he signed, nobody thought he would be our no1 keeper, and even if that was only because of certain circumstances, anyone that wants the no1 slot off him is going to have a big fight on their hands.

Hartley was outstanding at Preston and has looked good since then.

All the new signings have looked strong to be honest and I think we have a much stronger squad than this time last year.

Most impressive start by a country mile though is Deano.

Most improved player - now there's a question. I am split between Maynard and Akinde.

Haynes got my vote too, although I've only seen him once (QPR). He added much needed skill as well as speed and looked exciting to watch. You always thought once he got the ball things were going to happen (sorry but I've about given up on Sproule). He was hard working and chased down everything.

I know he faded in that match, and I am wondering how much of it (if anything) was to show his old Manager what he was about. But I liked him for having the ability and it was just that spark we have been lacking for a while.

I got to add some praise for Gerkin too, most people have already said what I wanted to say. It must have been hard and nerve wracking for him to arrive and step into Basso's boots with the following and support he had. I feel now that maybe Basso's boots aren't so hard to fill afterall, or perhaps he just got to big for them!

Haynes got my vote too, although I've only seen him once (QPR). He added much needed skill as well as speed and looked exciting to watch. You always thought once he got the ball things were going to happen (sorry but I've about given up on Sproule). He was hard working and chased down everything.

I know he faded in that match, and I am wondering how much of it (if anything) was to show his old Manager what he was about. But I liked him for having the ability and it was just that spark we have been lacking for a while.

I got to add some praise for Gerkin too, most people have already said what I wanted to say. It must have been hard and nerve wracking for him to arrive and step into Basso's boots with the following and support he had. I feel now that maybe Basso's boots aren't so hard to fill afterall, or perhaps he just got to big for them!

Deano, lets be honest, has de-valued Basso. Who , from the top flite, will want Adriano now ....

I just cannot choose, For me Gerken has been an absolute Revelation between the sticks.

Hartley, a superb all round classy player, with superb Glenn Hoddle esque passing ability.

Nyatanga, absolute quality, who has hell of a lot more to come, what I like about him the most is that he seems to have a lot of time on the ball and always tries to play the ball not just hoof it.

Haynes also looks decent with great pace, and actually takes on opposing players (Take note Sproule)

For a general view of everyones opinion from our matches (pre season and league) so far who the most impressive has been. And for those who haven't seen many games yet, like myself, may wish to vote later.

Indeed it is early to judge but also first impressions count so wos reckon then chaps?

Dean Gerken.

Paul Hartley has impressed as well but my expectations on him are so much higher.

I put Nyatanga when this thread started and im sticking by it ;) Hes an international at a very young age and im sure if he stays here his whole career could turn out to be a City legend. So strong in defence and so calm, keeps the ball well and reads the game well.

DO DO DO DOOO LEWIN NYATANGA

Archived