IGNORED

Who's Impressed You The Most?

Lack of Action Man

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For a general view of everyones opinion from our matches (pre season and league) so far who the most impressive has been. And for those who haven't seen many games yet, like myself, may wish to vote later.

Indeed it is early to judge but also first impressions count so wos reckon then chaps?

Danny Haynes.

Can't choose. All of them have impressed me for different reasons.

Edit: I'll elaborate:

Gerkin: Has turned out to be a much better player than I thought. He's been solid so far and his form is probably the reason we haven't rushed into getting another keeper.

Nyatanga: Bargain at 500k, very good in the air and on the ground. We missed him on Sunday.

Blackman: Good back-up for McAllister and may well be pushing him soon.

Hartley: Crisp passer and battles well. Possibly my expectations were higher than we've seen so far but still a very good signing.

Clarkson: Shown glimpses of what he's all about, not helped by being shunted around from up front and found at left back on occasions. Got a decent finish and will get goals.

Hartley: Works very hard, pacy and skillful. We always look threatening with him around. Certainly better than Sproule but finishing ability is similar-hopefully we can improve this side of his game.

for me deano only because i knew nyatanga and hartley would be good before seeing them play clarkson is a grafter but i dont think gj has got the best out of him yet when he does he will be important haynes has looked really good aswell and when him and maynard start to really understand each other they will be unstopable but deano has impressed me the most mainly because i didn't think he would be good enough to be our number 1 and im glad ive been proved wrong he has been outstanding for us so far there is no question about it he is more than good enough to be our number 1 and he will only get better as the season progresses

Ah tough one.

I voted for Lewin Nyatanga in the end. I like him because he adds strength to an area that we need to strengthen.

Havng said that, Hartley looks quality and Gerken has made some outstanding saves. Also, I feel Clarkson and Haynes will grow into their roles.

Blackman is rubbish though. :rolleyes:

Who has impressed me this season?

Has to be Ashtonyate for me. Never believed I would read such a positive coment from him on this MB as after the QPR game.

P.S. see he was back to normal form after yesterday's result at Cardiff though.

Haynes for me. He has Sproule's pace but also actually has some ability as well - I think when he gets his first league goal there will a few to follow if we manage to play the ball on the deck quickly.

Agreed. He has Sproule's pace and has a footballing brain, when the chances come i'm sure more often than not he will bury it. Haynes showed against Cardiff yesterday what he can do with the ball at his feet running at the defenders. He tracked back a lot with a few good tackles showing his enthusiasm which is looking very high at the moment.

Considering how poorly I thought Deano played in some friendlies IMO (the only game I haven't been to this season is Cardiff, and that includes the friendlies) he's come on hugely and so feel he's impressed me the most, Hartley is exactly what we expected so I've been impressed with his standard but not necessarily surprised by it.

Considering how poorly I thought Deano played in some friendlies IMO (the only game I haven't been to this season is Cardiff, and that includes the friendlies) he's come on hugely and so feel he's impressed me the most, Hartley is exactly what we expected so I've been impressed with his standard but not necessarily surprised by it.

He's done everything expected of him ok, plus a bonus towards the end of Q.P.R.

Seen him at Palace, QPR + Cardiff only but always feel with goalies they can only be judged by what's thrown at them. He's looked solid enough for me, that last ditch save at the end of the QPR game, even from restricted EE viewing notched him from a standard six to seven. Looks a good kicker, too. I'll leave his licking to Neo.

Hartley vs QPR looked right on the case and Palace, too tbf. As we opted to not play with a midfield first half vs Cardiff I can't comment, was dissapointed though by our lack of quality penetration (be right ####ed off if I were a bird, or Neo :innocent06: ) when we did have possesion second half. Concern, that - really quite retarded in terms of imagination an creativety, although tbf they were sat on a 2-0 lead. Palace was similar, mind.

For a general view of everyones opinion from our matches (pre season and league) so far who the most impressive has been. And for those who haven't seen many games yet, like myself, may wish to vote later.

Indeed it is early to judge but also first impressions count so wos reckon then chaps?

I voted for Lewin Nyatanga. I expected Paul Hartley to be good and he hasn't disappointed but Lewin Nyatanga just had to get my vote because he's played outstandingly well for us so far.

Haynes for me. He has Sproule's pace but also actually has some ability as well - I think when he gets his first league goal there will a few to follow if we manage to play the ball on the deck quickly.

I wonder when Haynes will get his first goal. He's had chances so far and missed them.The through on goal one against QPR was particularly poor. He doesn't strike me as a natural goalscorer. That said he has other qualities like pace and the ability to pick a pass.

There is an arguement that players like Haynes are a luxury. They have to have the right service to be effective, tend not to get involved in winning the ball much and when the team is under pressure become anonymous. He and Maynard were isolated for long periods at Cardiff but at least Maynard got a couple of shots in.

I still think Hartley will turn out to be the most important and influential signing, despite Sunday's debacle and the subsequent criticism.

Nyatanga has been quietly impressive: very steady.

Gerken looked nervy at the start of the season but is gaining in confidence by the game. Saved us from an absolute drubbing on Sunday.

Impossible to make a judgement on Blackman yet: we've scarcely seen him.

Jury's still out for me on Haynes and Clarkson.

Clarkson looks a decent footballer to me. He seems to have a good football brain, so in one way I can see why GJ thinks he can play in 'the hole'. However, he is clearly not accustomed to playing there and doesn't yet look comfortable in that position. Williams is a natural there and would be a more obvious choice, if only he were a more reliable performer. (Touch of the David Noble about him, I'm afraid). If he continues to play there, Clarkson will need time to settle and we will have to be patient and cut him a bit of slack.

Agree with Robbo re Haynes. Flatters to deceive a bit. Great pace (but then you could say that about Sproule - we already had that). His speed gets him into some dangerous positions at times, but his finishing so far has been wayward and lacked composure. (Again, like Sproule...) Could do better.

Got to be Hartley for me, then. I think we'll find as the season goes on that when he plays well the whole team will respond and function better. A pivotal signing.

I still think Hartley will turn out to be the most important and influential signing, despite Sunday's debacle and the subsequent criticism.

Nyatanga has been quietly impressive: very steady.

Gerken looked nervy at the start of the season but is gaining in confidence by the game. Saved us from an absolute drubbing on Sunday.

Impossible to make a judgement on Blackman yet: we've scarcely seen him.

Jury's still out for me on Haynes and Clarkson.

Clarkson looks a decent footballer to me. He seems to have a good football brain, so in one way I can see why GJ thinks he can play in 'the hole'. However, he is clearly not accustomed to playing there and doesn't yet look comfortable in that position. Williams is a natural there and would be a more obvious choice, if only he were a more reliable performer. (Touch of the David Noble about him, I'm afraid). If he continues to play there, Clarkson will need time to settle and we will have to be patient and cut him a bit of slack.

Agree with Robbo re Haynes. Flatters to deceive a bit. Great pace (but then you could say that about Sproule - we already had that). His speed gets him into some dangerous positions at times, but his finishing so far has been wayward and lacked composure. (Again, like Sproule...) Could do better.

Got to be Hartley for me, then. I think we'll find as the season goes on that when he plays well the whole team will respond and function better. A pivotal signing.

Gerken started gobby against Hereford (he really was bellowing instructions), nervy against Ajax (who wouldn't be), then steady as a rock against Palarse and QPR. Gerkin seems the most improved player but Nyatanga is the quietly impressive signing as you rightly state. I also agree that Hartley will turn out to be the most important and influential signing as he's a midfield General that the rest will follow.

I've been very impressed with Jordan AKA Katie Price's ability to bounce back from an abusive relationship with peter Andre ( he kept singing to her )

Some people call her a plastic tited seamen receptical, but I for one am a big fan, I think she should take Madonna's lead and buy some African babies, I belive if you buy 10 you can have that drugged up womans job in the Iceland adverts...

Proper..

:noexpression:

I've been very impressed with Jordan AKA Katie Price's ability to bounce back from an abusive relationship with peter Andre ( he kept singing to her )

Some people call her a plastic tited seamen receptical, but I for one am a big fan, I think she should take Madonna's lead and buy some African babies, I belive if you buy 10 you can have that drugged up womans job in the Iceland adverts...

Proper..

:noexpression:

:winner_third_h4h: That would make great lyrics for a new Wurzels hit song - it would probably make their first No 1 chart hit since Combine Harvester in 1976. "plastic titted seamen receptical" - :dancing2:

I wonder when Haynes will get his first goal. He's had chances so far and missed them.The through on goal one against QPR was particularly poor. He doesn't strike me as a natural goalscorer. That said he has other qualities like pace and the ability to pick a pass.

There is an arguement that players like Haynes are a luxury. They have to have the right service to be effective, tend not to get involved in winning the ball much and when the team is under pressure become anonymous. He and Maynard were isolated for long periods at Cardiff but at least Maynard got a couple of shots in.

From what I've seen of Haynes he is far from a luxury player and very involved in winning the ball with a high workrate. He's missed a couple of chances but I think the first goal he gets will see him hit a vein.

Archived