IGNORED

More Wasted Funds

Shauntaylor85

The topic title says it all. Johnson has splashed a lot of SL's cash, yet again has failed to address the problems weve had. I wonder how someone like Steve Coppell would do in the market with that money? The likes of Sproule, Mccombe, Wilson, Johnson are not good enough to take us to next level. Very poor result tonight, big display v Boro needed or else fans will turn, i for one fear GJ has taken city as far as he can, i hope im wrong but aside from QPR its been pretty poor stuff and hard to see where development is coming from? Left winger, target man, 4.4.2 back to basics, we aint Chelsea or Arsenal and dont have players to play these pointless narrow systems.

The topic title says it all. Johnson has splashed a lot of SL's cash, yet again has failed to address the problems weve had. I wonder how someone like Steve Coppell would do in the market with that money? The likes of Sproule, Mccombe, Wilson, Johnson are not good enough to take us to next level. Very poor result tonight, big display v Boro needed or else fans will turn, i for one fear GJ has taken city as far as he can, i hope im wrong but aside from QPR its been pretty poor stuff and hard to see where development is coming from? Left winger, target man, 4.4.2 back to basics, we aint Chelsea or Arsenal and dont have players to play these pointless narrow systems.

Are you suggesting you'd rather Coppell be manager ?

No. I want Johnson to succeed and he has done a good job at City establishing us in the 2nd tier. I am however concerned over his apparant blindness to the fact that a narrow game wont get you promoted. Wolves, Reading, Baggies all win promotion by playing 4.4.2, 2 wingers. We are too predictable to play against. The reason i mention Coppell is that many fans feel GJ is untouchable when there are other quality managers out there woh could do just as well given the same funds. Lets make some noise on saturday, fill the gate and get back to winning ways, its been a woeful week, team for sat...4.4.2

Gerken

Ribs Carey Fonts Blackman

Haynes Elliott Hartley Mcallister

Maynard Akinde

Only options we have at present.

No. I want Johnson to succeed and he has done a good job at City establishing us in the 2nd tier. I am however concerned over his apparant blindness to the fact that a narrow game wont get you promoted. Wolves, Reading, Baggies all win promotion by playing 4.4.2, 2 wingers. We are too predictable to play against. The reason i mention Coppell is that many fans feel GJ is untouchable when there are other quality managers out there woh could do just as well given the same funds. Lets make some noise on saturday, fill the gate and get back to winning ways, its been a woeful week, team for sat...4.4.2

Gerken

Maynard Akinde

Agree with most of that there

Gerken

Maynard Akinde

I know it's opinion and all but that team is in no way our best team or even close. Ribeiro and Blackman don't look quite ready for Championship football yet and McAllister isn't a winger.

Archived