IGNORED

Absolute Disgrace...

Jordan Tansley

Before I begin, may i just put this little disclaimer in here... THIS ISN'T AIMED AT THE YET AGAIN BRILLIANT EAST END.

Tonight left me baffled. It was a poor performance by everyone associated with Bristol City FC.

Lets start with the beggining eh? Team selection...

Now, if someone could explain what exactly Mr Johnson was thinking when he named a subs bench with no strikers on it it'd help me here. Cos i'm lost... and did Macalister really need this sort of game? could Blackman not have relished a chance to show what he can do? other than that, it was a fairly decent selection... you'd have thought anyhow...

The actual performance those selected players put on was shocking. Not one player on that pitch could hold their head up after that. we lacked creativity, composure and any idea's... so in those situation, surely the manager should have some idea's??

Oh yes, he did... Ivan ******* sproule. :noexpression: lets change our entire shape (which has yet to lose us a game or see us concede at home) to bring in the ever useless Ivan sproule... worrying.

Whats the next throw of the dice Gary? Oh of course... Mccombe up front... which team out there was meant to be a championship side trying to get in the Prem, and which was a below average League 1 side? i couldn't tell, and we lost today in EVERY department. tactics we were inept and clueless, performance we were worse. TFC lads.

but what confused me more. the thing that really got my goat was the fans tonight.

Yes, I was very frustrated with the performance, and i completely understand that, But under NO circumstances should we be booing our team. The people that harp on about how much our support has improved are wrong. it is the same, the only difference is times have been going well lately. one bad showing and we are back to our old tricks!

Anyone can support their side when they are winning, the sign of true support is in how you react when you are having a terrible game/time...

People left on the second goal, people booed our lads. the worst thing i heard was the groan of discontent when Blackman made an error... The lad is 18, and on his home debut needed nothing but encouragment, he looks to be the most promising player in our squad and our fans are so programmed to be negative that they don't think of what that lad could be needing.

I walked out of the ground today not knowing what i was most disappointed in. the performance, the lack of management on show or the particularly poor support shown. :(

Before I begin, may i just put this little disclaimer in here... THIS ISN'T AIMED AT THE YET AGAIN BRILLIANT EAST END.

Tonight left me baffled. It was a poor performance by everyone associated with Bristol City FC.

Now, if someone could explain what exactly Mr Johnson was thinking when he named a subs bench with no strikers on it it'd help me here. Cos i'm lost... and did Macalister really need this sort of game? could Blackman not have relished a chance to show what he can do? other than that, it was a fairly decent selection... you'd have thought anyhow...

The actual performance those selected players put on was shocking. Not one player on that pitch could hold their head up after that. we lacked creativity, composure and any idea's... so in those situation, surely the manager should have some idea's??

Oh yes, he did... Ivan ******* sproule. :noexpression: lets change our entire shape (which has yet to lose us a game or see us concede at home) to bring in the ever useless Ivan sproule... worrying.

Whats the next throw of the dice Gary? Oh of course... Mccombe up front... which team out there was meant to be a championship side trying to get in the Prem, and which was a below average League 1 side? i couldn't tell, and we lost today in EVERY department. tactics we were inept and clueless, performance we were worse. TFC lads.

but what confused me more. the thing that really got my goat was the fans tonight.

Yes, I was very frustrated with the performance, and i completely understand that, But under NO circumstances should we be booing our team. The people that harp on about how much our support has improved are wrong. it is the same, the only difference is times have been going well lately. one bad showing and we are back to our old tricks!

Anyone can support their side when they are winning, the sign of true support is in how you react when you are having a terrible game/time...

People left on the second goal, people booed our lads. the worst thing i heard was the groan of discontent when Blackman made an error... The lad is 18, and on his home debut needed nothing but encouragment, he looks to be the most promising player in our squad and our fans are so programmed to be negative that they don't think of what that lad could be needing.

I walked out of the ground today not knowing what i was most disappointed in. the performance, the lack of management on show or the particularly poor support shown. :(

I'd imagine it would be incredibly difficult to support the team, whilst enduring that rubbish. Johnson can't blame the supporters one bit the performance was so bad.

In normal circumstances I would agree with you. But not tonight I am afraid. People have a right to leave early and show their displeasure when they have laid out hard earned cash and the performance they get is as bad as that. You may be an Uber Supporter but don't begrudge the normal man on the street his little moan and whinge in circumstances that were completely and utterly justifiable. Have to disagree with you on this one.

people were booing after the second goal because there striker had acres of room to shoot and score where the f### was our defence i am trying to forget about tonight by drinking lots of ouzo it was the strongest drink i could find and it's not working i fear this will haunt me for a long time

Ivan Sproule should never play for us again, disgrace!

TBH is not his fault, he has been here 2 years GJ knows his strengths and weaknessis, IMO he has only one strength and that is to be brought on as an impact player and run at defences and hopefully this will create gaps for are more creative players to do there bit. This problem has been here for months, WE NEED A WINGER!

and sometimes the fans need to play a part in helping raise the performance. we have a role in this "team"

football fans in general are a fickle bunch, and to a certain extent I agree with you. Im glad I never went tonight, from what ive heard it was truely dreadful. For me, I would loved to have seen Artus and co. given a game tonight, like you said...why not Blackman?

Regardless of what people think of Trunds, to leave him out of the squad tonight is a joke, and proves that Gary is a stubborn sod.

Fans do have an important part to play, but I believe its down to the players to show their worth. Good football produces good vibes, end of story.

Look Johnson had no intrest in this meaningless cup tonight, he's picked a half decent side and told them to have a run around tonight, you can tell as there was no tracking back and no big tackles from anyone bar Marvin Elliott.

He's the only that was interested tonight.

Look Johnson had no intrest in this meaningless cup tonight, he's picked a half decent side and told them to have a run around tonight, you can tell as there was no tracking back and no big tackles from anyone bar Marvin Elliott.

If that's the case then the club have taken my money under false pretences and I want it back.

Why not give Trundle a run out then? Put him in the shop window as it were. Artus could have played some part. Blackman could have started. I think you are wrong on this one.

Millen has just apologised to the fans on Sky Sports News for the performance.

Next time he decides to do this perhaps he could tell 6,000 of us to save our cash, stay at home and watch Arsenal play some proper football instead of having to endure the aimless hoofball tripe that he served up tonight using players devoid of any talent and footballing brain.

If the players weren't up to it you can boo.

When im at work and i seal a massive deal i dont get 20,000 odd people standing up cheering my name and paying me billions and asking for autographs and getting girls left right and centre, thats what they get and imo a boo is as good as my manager telling me too sort it out and get my act together and thats what they more than needed tonight.

TAKEN FROM BCFC WEBSITE - The Ashton Gate crowd - in excess of 6,300 - booed the players off afterwards, and Keith admitted that was fully justified.

"It's probably the longest inquest we've had after a game. We've had some bad performances but probably tonight was the most disappointing in respect of the effort and commitment to try and win a football match. Maybe sometimes the players get things too easy - they have to earn their living, their money and contracts. Unfortunately tonight they didn't do that. There are no excuses and we apologise to the fans for the performance and lack of effort."

Don't think Keith agrees with you mate.

• Admin

So what are you saying, as paying supporters we are not allowed to voice our discontent ???

The point you make that the booing was AFTER the full time whistle, surely as their was no booing during the game this would not affect the team.

As for the Blackman chance, I think I know the incident you refer to - he was unmarked running into the penalty area and blazed the ball high and wide of the near post, with people queuing up in the box - think I can figure out why people groaned . . . ..

If the players weren't up to it you can boo.

When im at work and i seal a massive deal i dont get 20,000 odd people standing up cheering my name and paying me billions and asking for autographs and getting girls left right and centre, thats what they get and imo a boo is as good as my manager telling me too sort it out and get my act together and thats what they more than needed tonight.

Absolutley right, why the hell people think there excempt from criticism is beyond me

TAKEN FROM BCFC WEBSITE - The Ashton Gate crowd - in excess of 6,300 - booed the players off afterwards, and Keith admitted that was fully justified.

"It's probably the longest inquest we've had after a game. We've had some bad performances but probably tonight was the most disappointing in respect of the effort and commitment to try and win a football match. Maybe sometimes the players get things too easy - they have to earn their living, their money and contracts. Unfortunately tonight they didn't do that. There are no excuses and we apologise to the fans for the performance and lack of effort."

Don't think Keith agrees with you mate.

I didn't go (glad I didn't!) but sounds like KM has picked up the same infection that affects GJ - sounds like the players were 100% at fault and the men who picked the team, set it up, and provided guidance at half time were blameless.

Even GJ's staunchest supporters seem in the main, to believe he got it wrong so why doesn't he ever admit at least being part of the problem?

I think on the whole he's done a good job, and two shite performances don't make him sackable - the tendency never to accept responsibility though, does piss me off.

I didn't go (glad I didn't!) but sounds like KM has picked up the same infection that affects GJ - sounds like the players were 100% at fault and the men who picked the team, set it up, and provided guidance at half time were blameless.

Even GJ's staunchest supporters seem in the main, to believe he got it wrong so why doesn't he ever admit at least being part of the problem?

I think on the whole he's done a good job, and two shite performances don't make him sackable - the tendency never to accept responsibility though, does piss me off.

Sunday could be interesting :whistle2:

and sometimes the fans need to play a part in helping raise the performance. we have a role in this "team"

Mate you're naturally entitled to your opinion but what are you looking for fella? A gold star from Johnson to stick on your EE merit card?

The fans had absolutely nothing to get behind last night, it was dire from start to finish and I thought the reaction from the fans was generally muted and could of been far worse .

It was quite clear that the players couldn't give a shit last night so how can you expect fans to get motivated and support them in that situation? You've obviosuly read the Gary Johnson 'Supporters' manual once to many.

Mate you're naturally entitled to your opinion but what are you looking for fella? A gold star from Johnson to stick on your EE merit card?

The fans had absolutely nothing to get behind last night, it was dire from start to finish and I thought the reaction from the fans was generally muted and could of been far worse .

It was quite clear that the players couldn't give a shit last night so how can you expect fans to get motivated and support them in that situation? You've obviosuly read the Gary Johnson 'Supporters' manual once to many.

Like I said, It's easy for everyone to be positive and act like we are a great set of supporters when we are playing well and having success, the real showing of how good or bad we are as fans is when we have a patch of bad form...

people who claim we have a great set of supporters are wrong. we don't. first sign of trouble and the morons are out in force, booing everyone in sight, "has johnson lost the dressing room" etc etc etc.

I don't see why the lads need to be playign well to motivate you to support them, that is kinda lazy imo. can you honestly say that the players wouldn't be lifted if we were loud and got behind them when things were going a bit pear shaped midway through the second half?

I'm sorry, but i think the fans have a bigger role at this club than they either think or want. its give and take sometimes and seeing as everyone associated with Bristol City FC wants the best for it, on occasions making the first move in regard of atmosphere and positivity shouldn't be so frowned upon...

the way some people are acting, asking for postivity without a good performance is like asking you to wear a ******* gas shirt.

I think the EE had more to chance to raise the titanic last night than the players :farmer:

Archived