3 Newcastle 4 6 10

4 West Brom 4 4 10

5 Preston 4 5 8

6 Sheff Utd 4 4 8

7 Leicester 4 2 8

8 Coventry 4 2 7

9 Derby 4 1 7

10 Bristol City 4 1 7

you see the club at the bottom there yeah? That's us.

There are 14 teams below us, and 9 above.

Tonight's game was a bad result, granted, but it doesn't affected our league status

If any of you think we are on the verge of relegation and that GJ isn't the man to take us forward, look at what he did at Yeovil and tell me if that club went backwards

Then look at us when he took over, then look at us now, and tell me if we've gone backwards

Rant over.

1 Cardiff 4 9 10

2 Middlesbrough 4 7 10

3 Newcastle 4 6 10

4 West Brom 4 4 10

5 Preston 4 5 8

6 Sheff Utd 4 4 8

7 Leicester 4 2 8

8 Coventry 4 2 7

9 Derby 4 1 7

10 Bristol City 4 1 7

Tonight's game was a bad result, granted, but it doesn't affected our league status

If any of you think we are on the verge of relegation and that GJ isn't the man to take us forward, look at what he did at Yeovil and tell me if that club went backwards

Then look at us when he took over, then look at us now, and tell me if we've gone backwards

Rant over.

I agree, but we were extremely poor tonight.

Can we not discuss that without the 'always believe' and 'look how far wev come'?

We just want to discuss a game. When we win its alright then lots of topics and lots of happiness yet when we lose you even question the line-up or formation and you get twenty odd people having a go at you saying 'ohhh your not the manager, you dont know anything, i love GJ'. Well yes so do i, i love him, hes took us very far forward and are a much bigger club than when he took over BUT i think hes made a mistake. Is that alright with you!?

1 Cardiff 4 9 10

2 Middlesbrough 4 7 10

3 Newcastle 4 6 10

4 West Brom 4 4 10

5 Preston 4 5 8

6 Sheff Utd 4 4 8

7 Leicester 4 2 8

8 Coventry 4 2 7

9 Derby 4 1 7

10 Bristol City 4 1 7

Rant over.

I agree with your sentiment, but just because he has taken us forwards doesn't mean he is beyond reproach. He my well have taken us as far as he can, only time will tell if this is the case and i don't think it is, but every manager can only take a club so far, and unless this is to domination of european football then you will always need to replace them at some point. Some people think that time has come now and Johnson has done all he can, i disagree but just because he has taken us forward doesn't necessarily mean he can take us any further forward than he already has.

- Preston - A great start, but capitulated.

- Brentford - very lucky to win.

- Palace - Should not have won.

- QPR - Admittedly, good performance.

- Cardiff - Simply a footballing lesson.

- Carlisle - A gutless performance.

Out of those 6 games, the only game we have looked comfortable at is QPR. I have a grip on reality, but with barely one winger at the club and not one, NOT ONE player in the squad who I can look at and say "he is our creative spark and can beat a man" - I start to worry.

I have no problems with our league position, but I just do not understand for the life of me why we have no established Championship standard wingers in our squad. I just do not get it.

I have no problem with our best 11; I dont think we will get promoted and I have no problem with that. Sure, somedays we will get beaten, but when the players do not care, lack commitment and effort AND just go through the motions for 90 mins - I get annoyed.

My rant over.

We've managed just 45 minutes of good football and were lucky to get a win aganst Palace.

The reality check is that despite it looking like a good start in terms ofthe table, if we carry on with that level of performance we will not be getting anywhere near 7 points per 4 league games on average and will drop down rapidly.

i see where you two are coming from, but we draw to so many conclusions after a few defeats and its so frustrating at times :fastasleep:

What conclusions do we draw from each game?

As far as i can see theirs like a recipe to go by.

1. Either LJ or Ivan Sproule or both depending on how bad we were.

2. GJ's tactics and formation

3. GJ's substitution

4. We still have too many 'league 1 players' at the club and need to move on

We've managed just 45 minutes of good football and were lucky to get a win aganst Palace.

The reality check is that despite it looking like a good start in terms ofthe table, if we carry on with that level of performance we will not be getting anywhere near 7 points per 4 league games on average and will drop down rapidly.

i agree, but at the end of the day i'd much rather play poorly and get a lucky win, then play outstanding and lose

at the end of the day the results on bbc, sky sports etc won't say

Bristol City 1 - 0 QPR (but City didn't deserve it, QPR outplayed them) when push comes to shove its the result that matters not the performance, in the short team anyway

i agree, but at the end of the day i'd much rather play poorly and get a lucky win, then play outstanding and lose

at the end of the day the results on bbc, sky sports etc won't say

Bristol City 1 - 0 QPR (but City didn't deserve it, QPR outplayed them) when push comes to shove its the result that matters not the performance, in the short team anyway

That's all very well but if you've been following football for longer than the last 6 games you know very well that playing poorly always leads to runs of bad results. You might fluke a game or two but it WILL NOT last. If we don't manage more than 45 minutes of good football every 6 games we will be looking at a relegation battle no matter how many goals the ref doesn't see.

That's all very well but if you've been following football for longer than the last 6 games you know very well that playing poorly always leads to runs of bad results. You might fluke a game or two but it WILL NOT last. If we don't manage more than 45 minutes of good football every 6 games we will be looking at a relegation battle no matter how many goals the ref doesn't see.

I couldn't agree more and like the way you put it.

I look at it like this.If we take the last 15 games we have played at this level or the last 45 points we have competed for we have managed to take 16 points. If this form continues we are certs to be invoved at the wrong end of the table.

Winning is a habit but so is losing and if we take the last 2 games we are, at the moment, in a losing habit.

This, I think, coupled with the brand of football we have tended to play in these last 15 games has led a few well intentioned supporters to start to question weather or not the current incumbent of the managerial hotset has taken us as far as he can.

I am not one of these supporters yet.

At the moment I would take a scrappy 1-0 win on Saturday just to get back to winning ways but right now I am not optomistic and then its 2 away games at Coventry and Swansea. There will be immense prasure on Saturday to get something from th game and it may be easier playing away at present. Fact is we need to be getting something from these games or questions will be getting asked from other quarters other than this forum as we will plummet down the league.

Don't forget season ticket sales are in decline and with a new stadium on the horizon it is vital we stay in this division.

I think we will be ok but with the squad as it stands it's going to be tight.

GJ really needs to earn his corn and sort out the Macindoe and Adebola replacements and get back to playing 442. We just don't have the personnel at the moment to be fannying about.

Archived